[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

draexo

Reaction score
Yes my first install I forgot to wipe dalvik cache and had all sorts of issues. Now it seems good. Bluetooth works fine. it is just social networking widget that wont load. I thought of using titanium backup to restore it but I'm afraid as it warns me it is a system app....and Im not 100% sure which one I should restore.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BoNeZ

Reaction score
I can't get my pattern lock or any kind of security (pin,word,pattern, etc.) to work....This has been the case with all the other versions as well...sorry if it has been mentioned...any suggestions?

aubreyvt

Reaction score
I have the same issue with google maps. It fails to log in. If i try to put my Gmail account in it says it already exist. I even uninstalled and reinstalled cleared Cache and still will not log in.

Last edited:

Litrekid

Reaction score
Same problem here. I think 2.01 had that problem as well

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ZeroDoom

Reaction score
Using LibertyGB .08, if I customize and go back to using the Blur email app, the contacts wont sync via exchange/corporate sync. The AOSP email app does fully work with contacts, calender, and mail but it does not support HTML email.

Drysten

Reaction score
First off, this ROM is awesome! I havent had any serious issues with it at all.

I've been on .8 for a couple days now and today the unlock slider randomly stopped showing up. I installed .9 today thinking it would solve the problem to no avail. When I press the power button to wake the phone up, it just goes straight to the home screen. No unlock/sound slider. Any suggestions? Thanks!

sabroso

Reaction score
[ v0.9 ] Liberty Bug Reports

So Happy v0.9 version is now in the Apps nigtly!!!
A lot of Thanks!!! (Especially as they had said they were busy with another project)

But even I pretty know the title is "[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports"
but don't the OP can consider to open a new thread for v0.9 so this is not going to be a mess mixing v0.8 with v0.9??
Just mho.
Best Regards Sa6r0s0 :greendroid:

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's hardly any difference between the two ver so if they don't open another thread, ill understand

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

sabroso

Reaction score
Just my opinion.

Thanks Ldopa, I understand your point,
But this is a Thread for Bugs,
and I imagine you don't mean with your words to expecting to have the same bugs as the previous one.
I really concern about they may take more distance and time to update this ROM when it gets v1.0 (as apparently they are working in other proyect) so my concern is to make them easy to follow the bugs report it.
Anyway just mho. They will know what is better for them.
Best Regards Sa6r0r0 :greendroid:

Last edited:
Reaction score
First off, this ROM is awesome! I havent had any serious issues with it at all.

I've been on .8 for a couple days now and today the unlock slider randomly stopped showing up. I installed .9 today thinking it would solve the problem to no avail. When I press the power button to wake the phone up, it just goes straight to the home screen. No unlock/sound slider. Any suggestions? Thanks!

How quickly are you waking your phone up after it goes to sleep? There's a grace period during which if you wake your phone up within x amount of time after it goes to sleep, it doesn't lock.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ldopa, I understand your point,
But this is a Thread for Bugs,
and I imagine you don't mean with your words to expecting to have the same bugs as the previous one.
I really concern about they may take more distance and time to update this ROM when it gets v1.0 (as apparently they are working in other proyect) so my concern is to make them easy to follow the bugs report it.
Anyway just mho. They will know what is better for them.
Best Regards Sa6r0r0 :greendroid:

I hear ya and their attention is on other projects it seems, but my only point was the changelog for this ver only has to do with two apk's (market and superuser). No mention of any bug fixes to the many reports out there. That's all I meant

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

bodean

Reaction score
Running the AOSP and noticed with stock and handscent messaging, sometimes it fails when sending messages. A reboot fixes the issue. Is this a known and documented problem? Any fix?

USMC69

Reaction score
Need some assistance...

I moved up to .596 with no issues whatsoever. Then I downloaded Liberty .8 from the nightlies, wiped everything, installed it, and now it is stuck on the boot logo.

This:
"Gingerbread Stock Recovery
1. Turn your phone off.
2. Hold down “Home” and press the “Power”. Hold them until the Motorola logo appears
3. Release the “Power” button, but continue to hold the “Home” button until you see an exclamation mark (!)
4. Release the “Home” button and press the “Volume UP & Down” keys at the same time once (and only once!)
5. Power button to select and Volume up and down to scroll"...

... is not working at all. When I release the Power button it continues to stay on the boot logo. I've done several battery pulls and this method several times and I cannot get into CWRecovery to do anything...

any ideas that doesn't involve having to SBF? lol... :(

Reaction score
Need some assistance...

I moved up to .596 with no issues whatsoever. Then I downloaded Liberty .8 from the nightlies, wiped everything, installed it, and now it is stuck on the boot logo.

This:
"Gingerbread Stock Recovery
1. Turn your phone off.
2. Hold down “Home” and press the “Power”. Hold them until the Motorola logo appears
3. Release the “Power” button, but continue to hold the “Home” button until you see an exclamation mark (!)
4. Release the “Home” button and press the “Volume UP & Down” keys at the same time once (and only once!)
5. Power button to select and Volume up and down to scroll"...

... is not working at all. When I release the Power button it continues to stay on the boot logo. I've done several battery pulls and this method several times and I cannot get into CWRecovery to do anything...

any ideas that doesn't involve having to SBF? lol... :(

I have a feeling you're toast. If you are stuck on the actual boot logo (as in, the boot animation never comes up) then it's probably SBF time. But before you do that, try a little bit of a change in your steps:

1. Battery pull
2. Replace battery (do not plug in)
3. Hold down the Home key
4. Hold down the Power button until the android exclamation guy comes up
5. Release both keys

If you get there, you can wipe data/factory reset. If you can't, then unfortunately it's SBF time. I'd follow the How-To instructions in the sticky. Wrote 'em myself. :-D

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Regarding stock recovery, isn't the button combo on gb different than it was on froyo? I could have sworn it was (but im on a d2 now, my dx is out of the picture). You may not be "toast". Keep trying!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

Last edited: