[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

draexo

Reaction score
Can't disable ads within the toolbox or his OC app. Never had this problem before. Tried complete wipe several times. There are ads popping up everywhere. Someone suggested Ad free from the market but should you have to install another ad free app with so many options to disable ads built into the ROM?
I am not sure this is a Liberty bug. None of the Jrummy apps (Droid OC/Liberty Tools) seem to be blocking ads correctly right now on my rooted 596.
I downloaded ad block free as short term fix. Ad free seems to be working. I emailed Jrummy at his gmail account about this but he is probably too busy with the Rom to get to it now.

draexo

Reaction score
Liberty Customizer issue

Currently my main problem is Liberty Customizer. It fails to download. It gets to about 15 to 20% and closes. This is a major feature of the Rom for myself.
I erased the liberty-customizer.zip and the liberty-customizer directory and tried again. And again. And again.... it simply disappears from the screen. Sometimes it reports a force close, sometimes not.

I have tried over both 3g and WiFi. Same results. Now I am getting "Downloading files" 0%... setting up. Nothing. Not sure why it is trying to set up files when they are not downloaded.

Last edited:

draexo

Reaction score
Market Icons slow loading after reboot

After a reboot, the market icons load very slowly. Once they are loaded, market is fine.

brymck

Reaction score
Not so much a bug, but I figured someone else might look here for a fix on this issue, and didn't want to start a new thread. I had frozen yahoo mail authenticator with Titanium, since I don't use yahoo mail, before I flashed to .8. I re-froze it after flashing, and when I attempted to open contacts information (open contacts, find a contact, tap on the name to get more details) it would instantly shut the window. I un-froze all apps and it worked, then re-froze them one by one until I found the culprit. Not sure why on earth the yahoo mail authenticator is linked to contacts, but...seems that is in fact the case.

Last edited:

nobull

Reaction score
Broken Link webpage - phone dialer

Running V0.8 Liberty ROM. I noticed the other day when I was using a webpage with the stock browser that the link to dial numbers isn't working. It seems to be launching the phone dial pad properly, but the phone number isn't copied over into the dial pad. Not a big deal but it is nice to have that feature.

Thanks Liberty Team.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone can upload it (customizer) to dropbox and post a link. I'll be happy to try it if no one else will.

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I have been having a bug, I am on liberty v8 and almost every time I play music my phone reboots. How do I fix this, I use music playback alot and I don't like working out without my music lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apex is way faster imo, but liberty has more themes and is more user friendly. I'm really liking apex right now. Liberty is just as great though

Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

draexo

Reaction score
Currently my main problem is Liberty Customizer. It fails to download. It gets to about 15 to 20% and closes. This is a major feature of the Rom for myself.
I erased the liberty-customizer.zip and the liberty-customizer directory and tried again. And again. And again.... it simply disappears from the screen. Sometimes it reports a force close, sometimes not.

I have tried over both 3g and WiFi. Same results. Now I am getting "Downloading files" 0%... setting up. Nothing. Not sure why it is trying to set up files when they are not downloaded.

This is really preventing me from choosing Liberty as my Rom. I restored my nandroid backup and tried again. Customizer will not download.

I'm such an idiot... I never wiped dalvik cache. Once I did everything has been fine. I'd delete all my "bug report"posts, except I'm on phone and don't know how from the app.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

draexo

Reaction score
It runs but....

I solved my issues with the Dalvik Cache Wipe. I see no themes in Rom Manager ( I can not stand this yellow!) Can't add Facebook account.

Sight

Reaction score
When I enable the slide unlock it keeps the default unlock with the volume toggle as well. I have to slide the unlock then do the slide unlock. Usually when you add the slide code unlock the other one disables. Can you add a setting to disable the lock screen please? Thanks for all your work.

phatsobruno

Reaction score
Is any body having issued disabling the boot animation? When I disable it to have none it still shows an old android on the screen when booting.

Dullawolf

Reaction score
Is any body having issued disabling the boot animation? When I disable it to have none it still shows an old android on the screen when booting.

you phone still needs to boot, its only a display while the phone boots. all you are doing is putting a boot animation that uses less resources while your phone boots. that way it will boot quicker

Hardhead

Reaction score
The only bug I'm seeing is that Facebook does not show up as an option in my Social Networking widget (the one part of Blur that I absolutely love... well, other than the camera).

Cryson

Reaction score
I have wiped cache, factory reset and cleared dalvik cache. The issues that I see on v0.8 are mostly with the GUI, such as icons being black or different images in the email app (green icon).

However, my exchange account doesn't sync correctly anymore, only way I can get my email app to sync with exchange is to reboot, then it pulls emails otherwise, it wont pull any emails from exchange.