OFFICIAL: Droid 2 Pre-Release thread

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no plans on buying a phone until my ne2 period. I have no plans going broke over a phone. By then we will see phones having more powerful processors. Maybe even a phone with a dual snap dragon processor.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm just gonna put some cash away for making a purchase should something pop up :)

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
So have they discussed a timeframe when they might be released? I'm all set to get the Incredible but if the shadow will be available in the next couple months I might be able to wait.
June for the Shadow October for the Droid 2.......

@tiggerrx

There are no pics floating around of either device. If you read the OP you will see that the Droid 2 will look similar to what we have now.

The shadow on the other hand will look similar to the HTC HD 2 from what ive read. No keyboard, slightly rounded corners, slim. It will be quite a device from what they are saying.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nikkix

Reaction score
i read on one of the more popular android blog sites that someone had seen a droid 2/ shadow (they werent sure of the official name). i believe it was a bartender, and one of his regulars worked for motorola and would show him prototypes every now and then. anyway, the motorola guy said he had a bunch of these prototypes, in different colors. id definitely buy a blue one.
just thought id through that rumor out there while we're at it

Chumley

Reaction score
Sweet. I was in the vzw store today and almost grabbed an inc. I think I can hold off another month and see what the shadow is like.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sweet. I was in the vzw store today and almost grabbed an inc. I think I can hold off another month and see what the shadow is like.
The incredible is a sweet phone, I looked at it on Friday. I'll stick with the Droid since it's done me well.

BTW - love watching you on Pawn Stars :)

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hey. Chumley definitely wait for the Shadow. From what bill 23 says it will run circles around the HTC.

You can always get the incredible if you don't like the Shadow. Nothing worse than buyers remorse :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Darkseider

Reaction score
Scary thing about all this? I am still squeezing more and more out of my Droid. Between OC'ing, custom kernels, ROMs that rock and have been and will continue to be tweaked. It almost makes me hope the wait on the next Droid 2 so I can finish tweaking the hell of my current phone!

Googleaddict

Reaction score
The Incredible is a great device, but i'll stick with my droid. My upgrade is next year in march, i might be able to upgrade a little earlier than that. Just makes me think what amazing devices Verizon will have next year. LTE 4G with android anyone? :O

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I been reading up on this LTE, kept seeing it tossed around here n there.

Amazing stuff indeed. They are testing it as we speak at a conference/expo in Shanghai this month, of course Motorola is involved. heh heh heh ......