Motorola Droid 2 appears in Verizons Inventory

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Hey that got me thinking: they could use choice as the marketing plan....throwing it directly in the face of Apple.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm still having a hard time believing they will make their flagship android device obsolete in just 8 short months. The Droid still has a lot of sales life left in it. I'm wondering if this Droid 2 will just have minor internal changes but the big difference being a better keyboard. Still it is a shame to kill the life of the Droid in basically its infancy.

I don't see my moto-droid being obsolete in 8 months. It functions great right now and will do so in another year too. I won't be in the market for a new phone until a little before November 2011 but that doesn't mean my phone will be defunct at that time.

However, in order for Motorola to still be around to deliver me a state of the art product at that time they need to continue to sell product. There will come a time when the moto-droid won't be able to compete with other new phones. So, they create and sell the Droid2 to compete with the other brands out there. Doesn't mean they drop support for the original Droid.

hollowbox

Reaction score
The screen size is dissapointing. I would have assumed that motorola would have made the droid 2 with a larger screen, hdmi out, insane internals....etc...etc...if its the same as we got with a better keyboard and slightly better processor then I'm not really impressed. Ill be waiting till my contract runs out in a little over a year and see what the king of the hill with generic android is at that time.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
"here are a few facts on Droid 2.
It is slightly more rounded edges,the open chin on the current Droid vs the Droid 2 is the same, but the face of the Droid 2 chin is equal lentgh. This means the exposed chin on the current Droid is open vs the Droid 2 chin is now part of the face slider.
Noice!!! I just hope they don't make the icons too big, it'll look very toy like if they do :(

Also the 4 soft keys are moved around just a tad. Same location but the menu button isnt the 4 dash's. Its like the Devours 4 squares.

blegh...I like the 4 lines lol, simple but somehow describes "menu" perfectly in my eyes.

The 5 way nav is gone and replaced with 4 arrows in the keypad.

Man I really wanted an optical trackpad or something lol

This allowed the keypad to be biggerfor fat fingers like mine.
The camera is 5mp HD and the phone looks nothing like the pic above. not even close. It looks very close to the current Droid just evovled a tad. The power,volume,cam keys are now flush soft touch and not so obvious like the current Droid is.

Wait...So what do you mean soft touch (I'mg guessing not capacitive right?, that would be a nightmare lol).

I cant speak on the guts yet too soon. This is all I can say so please dont ask for more specifics yet."

Can you ask him for more specific stuff like the internals? /s

Interesting, I'm going to have to wait on internal specs to decide. If they end up being simliar to the Shadow Extreme I might just get that.

Hopefully it'll get beefier specs. Kinda doesn't make sense to me though, if they do make the Droid 2 with more hardware they're cramming a lot into less space. Why wouldn't they make the bigger device the one with better hardware? Makes sense more room to put stuff in.