OFFICIAL: Droid 2 Pre-Release thread

hookerdj

Reaction score
Now that I have have used a Motorola phone again, its safe to say if one of these next versions doesn't have a physical keyboard and is made by Motorola, I might be getting it, only after my NE2 is available tho. And as long as they keep using a capacitive screen. Cuz after installing Swype, the only thing I use the slide out keyboard for is rebooting into recovery and Terminal Emulator, which I dont use that much.
:icon_ banana: i second this one the reason i baught it was for the keyboard and now cause of swype i never use it except for recovery sometimes like you said. Thats not much even cause you can boot into recovery via rom manager:icon_ banana:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea hook, as long as I can get into a recovery mode without a keyboard, I'm down for no keyboard, if its made by Motorola.

And nvm killer, I just saw the 'slide face' for the Droid 2 in your post. And '5 way nav is gone and replaced with 4 arrows in the keypad. this allowed the keypad to be bigger for fat fingers like mine.' I know it has a keyboard now. And if its the Droid 2 it has to be made by Moto.....

Reading is Fundamental huh...lol

iPirate

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the best place to ask. When the Droid2 comes out, will our Droids not turn on? "Missing Sim" or will they work as normal just unable to make calls and connect to 3g?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ugh... my wait for new devices is getting more and more excruciating! Thanks a lot ck :\ ;)

P.s., the thought of having motoblur on it kinda makes my skin crawl, i sure hope they fix it up so I actually want to use it :( (that us if they do put motoblur on it).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
would these be the phones??

droid 2 (top)

shadow(bottom)

Attachments

• ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadByTapatalk.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 381

wil318466

Reaction score
Hmm.. Droid 2 already? I have my hands full with Droid 1. How am I going to keep up? I'm going to have to start paying 500 bucks for new phones in the middle of my contracts?

well, I could always sell mine for a hundred or something, and just buy a new one for 500 bucks. Ugh.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Geez, well, I'll enjoy froyo on my Droid until I can update in 1.5...

Nothing known on what my next Droid will do or have then, but I'm sure it will be awesome!

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
everything i have been reading from google is saying the top image in my last post will be the shadow (or "nexus 2") havent seen anything on the "droid 2" yet so im a bit confused by this

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
everything i have been reading from google is saying the top image in my last post will be the shadow (or "nexus 2") havent seen anything on the "droid 2" yet so im a bit confused by this

Well, now you're hearing about the Droid 2 and reading about that too. Shouldn't be any confusion. ;)

I have to admit when I saw this thread I thought, ummm, aren't we jumping the gun a little bit here?

If it becomes available in September of this year that would be sweet. That's when my renewal roles around. From what I see though sounds like earliest is first quarter 2011. Then again it wouldn't surprised me if that date isn't pushed up to sometime in November, 2010 for Christmas sales.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I pre-ordered my Droid back in November so hopefully when it is time for an upgrade Verizon has rolled over to 4G and It's on the Motorola Droid2 that would be cruel if it came out any earlier, the true Droid users should get first choice.

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

Chumley

Reaction score
So have they discussed a timeframe when they might be released? I'm all set to get the Incredible but if the shadow will be available in the next couple months I might be able to wait.