OFFICIAL: Droid 2 Pre-Release thread

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Well seeing that the info is some what sparse at this time I have been able to compile some good information, albeit very little, on the new Moto Droid 2.

This info comes via HoFo by 3 great members that have a lot of knowledge about the 2 new Moto devices coming out (Shadow and Droid 2) and share what they can.

This info was compiled from posts from bill23, Aixelsyd and Winston25.

bill23 has a device listed in his sig as the Moto Droid Pro and hasn't elaborated much on it...YET : ) Is it the Droid 2? No idea. Maybe we will find out.

Keep in mind these gentlemen are under a NDA and cannot/will not divulge too much info but they have said these 2 devices will be the king of the crop of Android devices this year. bill23 says "sorry I wont leak anything to you but I can tell you that the shadows specs smoke the incredible. and thats a fact not gossip.but to each thier own." I can now only imagine what the Droid 2 will bring : )

I will continue to update this thread as more info pours in and credit the authors. If anyone come across some good info post in the thread. Please link where you got it from so that it can be verified.

It's going to be a great year if you are holding out for some new Moto devices. They will not disappoint. Thank you to bill23, Aixelsyd, and Winston25 from HoFo.

So this is what is known about the Moto Droid "2"

here are a few facts on droid2.

It is slightly more rounded edges,the open chin on the current droid vs the droid2 is the same,but the face of the droid2 chin is equal lentgh.this means the exposed chin on the current droid is open vs the droid2 chin is now part of the face slider.

also the 4 soft keys are moved around just a tad.same location but the menu button isnt the 4 dash's. its like the devours 4 squares.

the 5 way nav is gone and replaced with 4 arrows in the keypad. this allowed the keypad to be biggerfor fat fingers like mine.
the camera is 5mp HD and the phone looks nothing like the pic above. not even close. it looks very close to the current droid just evovled a tad.

The power,volume,cam keys are now flush soft touch and not so obvious like the current droid is.

I cant speak on the guts yet.too soon.this is all i can say so please dont ask for more specifics yet."

Release date/LTE/Winston25

"I saw someone write that Droid2 had LTE, it doesn't. As for the release date, you should be able to rock one for a couple of weeks before taking pictures of kids costumes. (until that date changes of course)"

Aixelsyd asked about Froyo

"Yes I have in fact run it. My lips are sealed on that. What I will say from what I saw with it is it should have been what the Droid released with IMO."

Member comments on LTE and when it will be released.

Walis mentions "LTE phones won't be released until, at the very least, the second quarter 2011."

To which Winston25 comments "Why do you say that? I bet we see one Q1 at the latest."

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I figured u hung out there too. I was just thinking today "where do killer be getting this info from when he be dropping these quiet bombs?" That spot was where I learned to get inside my E815 a few years ago.

Droids

Reaction score
Subscribing to thread.. been hanging out at HoFo for 6+ years now and the above mentioned peeps know their stuff when it comes to Moto.

I'll likely skip the Shadow in lieu of Droid 2 but I admit I rarely use the keyboard so undecided for now. Just nice to have 'some' leaked info here and there. It'll certainly get more heated towards the end of the year, as in go with Droid 2 or wait until 2011 and LTE. The fact that LTE will require local cell towers to be upgraded as well means I'll probably go with Droid 2 and wait another year after that to go with the next gen LTE phone.

Thanks for the thread CK. :icon_ banana:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What makes you think these guys are legit?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:icon_ worthless:

getting the hype going early huh ck.

R1Lover

Reaction score
A little early to be guessing at this point imo..... let it come when it's time I say.... :)

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
:icon_ worthless:

getting the hype going early huh ck.
It's never too early : )

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stang68

Reaction score
Droid 2 should be something awesome. I'm hoping I can wait that long before using my upgrade!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now that I have have used a Motorola phone again, its safe to say if one of these next versions doesn't have a physical keyboard and is made by Motorola, I might be getting it, only after my NE2 is available tho. And as long as they keep using a capacitive screen. Cuz after installing Swype, the only thing I use the slide out keyboard for is rebooting into recovery and Terminal Emulator, which I dont use that much.

iPirate

Reaction score
How about the Droid 3 then lmao

j/k
Droid 3 has been discussed. I don't think we will see any pictures of it out in the wild because of the storage method. But that is another thread!

Droid 2 sounds good, kind of soon I hope quality is no less than the Droid.

And no moto blur please! :icon_eek:

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Now that I have have used a Motorola phone again, its safe to say if one of these next versions doesn't have a physical keyboard and is made by Motorola, I might be getting it, only after my NE2 is available tho. .
Motorola Shadow will NOT have a keyboard....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for that bit of info. Hmmmm. Interesting......Do you know if the other phone is made by Motorola too? Will that have one?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Droid 2 sounds good, kind of soon I hope quality is no less than the Droid.

And no moto blur please! :icon_eek:
Moto Blur won't be on the Droid but the possibility of Android 3.0/Moto Droid 2 is real.

3.0 was rumored to be launched mid 2010.

Moto Droid was the FIRST device to launch with 2.0

Moto Droid 2 will possibly release between July-October (which is loosely mid 2010)

Will the Moto Droid 2/Pro launch with 3.0? Ya never know : )