Motorola Droid Pro

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think he can confirm if it's the D2 WE, or "something else". Moto has made the D2 WE no big secret; and, if it's something else he's still not violating a nda - it's also no big secret that Moto is continuing to develop new phones...

pyro6128

Reaction score
I recently got to play with this new upcoming phone. A friend of mine is field testing it, had to sign an NDA and complete a task list Motorola has provided (reporting performance issues on a secure website). 3 more weeks of testing and reporting left to go for him.

All I can say......I cannot wait for its release. I will be upgrading early. dancedroid

Hmm, if youre willing to upgrade early then it must be a nice upgrade to what we currently have on the market, and not just the D2 world edition. I'm starting to get my hopes up again

UNC

Reaction score
I'm going to love saying "I told you so" on this one.
Watch how many of the specs I quoted on page 42 end up being right.

1.0 - 1.3 ghz ARM-Cortex9
1gb RAM
HDMI out
8mp 5x zoom Dual-LED
FM receiver
LTE compatible

And as much as all the interwebz wants to disagree.... My friend works at Verizon HQ, not at engadget, CNET, or droidforums. He swears up and down that this is STILL called the "Droid Pro" in Verizon's marketing department and will be advertised as such.

The phone will either release on Black Friday, OR begin accepting pre-orders on Black Friday.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
He swears up and down that this is STILL called the "Droid Pro" in Verizon's marketing department and will be advertised as such.
It should be called the Droid Pro-it's a great name for a device

Ben52

Reaction score
I hate all this speculation. My Droid X is finally doing what I bought it for, two months later, with the Froyo update. If they are releasing this imagined phone before christmas, It will be buggy I bet.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I hate all this speculation. My Droid X is finally doing what I bought it for, two months later, with the Froyo update. If they are releasing this imagined phone before christmas, It will be buggy I bet.

says the man trying to justify his x purchase haha

r314bd

Reaction score
I'm going to love saying "I told you so" on this one.
Watch how many of the specs I quoted on page 42 end up being right.

1.0 - 1.3 ghz ARM-Cortex9
1gb RAM
HDMI out
8mp 5x zoom Dual-LED
FM receiver
LTE compatible

And as much as all the interwebz wants to disagree.... My friend works at Verizon HQ, not at engadget, CNET, or droidforums. He swears up and down that this is STILL called the "Droid Pro" in Verizon's marketing department and will be advertised as such.

The phone will either release on Black Friday, OR begin accepting pre-orders on Black Friday.

Motorola and Verizon's crazy portrait Droid Pro unveiled (update: specs!) -- Engadget

While this doesn't rule out that your device exists, it does rule out the possibility of it being called the Droid Pro.

I think your friend lied to you brah

spider210

Reaction score
Its called the droid pro... we got info on it yesterday

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

UNC

Reaction score
This is not the Droid Pro that I or apparently Cereal Killer were told of?
I think its just another Verizon decision to get all the speculation about "Droid Pro" over with.

First they said that the Droid2WE was the "Droid Pro", now this comes out. The monster device I was speaking of is still out there, and it is definitely Motorola... (not T2 though)

I think this is the A957, and the phone formally known as the "Droid Pro" is still on the way.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think this is the A957, and the phone formally known as the "Droid Pro" is still on the way.

There is much confusion going on and things have changed so quickly that people have forgotten about this device in my thread below.

So here's what transpired.

~The Droid "Pro" was going to be the "superphone"

~Is revealed later that the Droid Pro is simply the D2 with Global capabilities (see below)

~Sudden change NOW shows that the Droid Pro is nothing more than the BB like device

So whatever happened to this device is my question?