Verizon Announces the Motorola Droid Pro

PACanesFan

Reaction score
This phone doesn't look that bad. A quality business phone. They need to strip the camera out though. Some of the more secure government/business facilities do not allow camera phones.

CellZealot

Reaction score
On the Motorola Napoleon, an unreleased WinMo 6.1 candybar Q9 series world phone, (which was the real predecessor of this phone, believe it or not) the camera module was made to pop out as a unit easily for use at gov't and other high security facilities.

PACanesFan

Reaction score
I didn't know that the N's camera popped out. Needless to say, this small sect of people who can not have a camera in their phone are left with very few (and still shrinking) options.

My former phones were the Q9C, and the original Q. Very underrated phones in their day. I can still remember buying the Q and thinking this whole smartphone idea could really take off.

CellZealot

Reaction score
The Napoleon was a great device but doomed for a variety of reasons and very poorly timed, but it was also the first OMAP/Qualcomm hybrid device developed by the Skunkworks team and is why we have the Droid as we know it today! ;)

It was intended specifically to be issued to employees of the Justice dept. and was the first phone to ever have a biometric fingerprint scanner on it.

Very cool phone...but whenever I go to boot it up just to play around I am reminded of how bad WinMo was...stone knives and bearskins compared to Android! :D

carbine

Reaction score
Device and SD card encryption will be available in early 2011

This is where the phone stands out and excels to me. A password is cute and all, but completely useless without encryption.

S

SingingSabre

Great idea, looks like a great phone at first flush. My two big questions (the camera issue brought up earlier in this thread is a great point)

Will google/android come up with something to compete against BBM?

Will the rest of the android world get push email (that'd be amaaaaaaazing)?

thedefectkid

Reaction score
Doesn't look that bad but I gotta say it looks like an icky blackberry. Not worth it if you ask me. I'm due to upgrade my original droid in 7 months better be some gingerbread on my phone hahaha