Droid Pro Specs Puts A Frown On Blackberry's Face

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-pro-specs.jpg

Details of the latest devices are what we live for and Droid-life just provided us with a little more information on the upcoming Motorola Droid Pro. In a recent leak, they managed to get a full spec sheet of the device, and just about everything down to the model of processor it has. The spec sheet shows you how hard Motorola worked on this new device, and how much Blackberry has to worry about. The world of business phones are changing at a very fast pace and soon the Droid Pro might be the first choice for big business rather than the current blackberry line up.

Motorola Droid Pro Specs:
  • Processor/Clock Speed: TI OMAP3620-1000 @ 1GHz
  • Ram/Flash Rom/User Storage: 512MB/ 2GB/1GB
  • Memory Card / Max Supported: microSDHC / 32 GB
  • Physical Keyboard / Capacitive Touch Screen
  • Display: 3.1" HVGA 320x480
  • Camera: 5 megapixels (2592x1456) / Auto-Focus / Dual LED / 6x Zoom

Does anyone have some plans on getting this new device? How does this new spec sheet rub you? Let us know.

Source: Droid-Life

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife may upgrade to this from her Tour. Epic!

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's another great side by side comparison:

droid-pro-vs-blackberrys.jpg

douglaswilson

Reaction score
Droid Pro

I like the look of it as well but it seems narrow and think it may be difficult to type on.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Blackberry updated the images of their devices on their website...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Damn dropped the attachment...

Attachments

• Awww.png
    Awww.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 663

mtavenger55

Reaction score
I like the look of it as well but it seems narrow and think it may be difficult to type on.

They designed it so it is supposed to be easy to type on with one hand on the go. I think the Droid 2 might be more comfortable to use when typing or texting.

sb1831

Reaction score
Won't be changing to the Pro anytime soon so long as they don't offer an option for one without a camera.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I am not sure why this would concern blackberry? Outside of the fact that it is Android (which obviously everyone on this forum agrees is superior to Blackbery OS, the specs itself are nothing special? They seem to match most "high end" phones that have been out the last six months. Nothing new here.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am not sure why this would concern blackberry? Outside of the fact that it is Android (which obviously everyone on this forum agrees is superior to Blackbery OS, the specs itself are nothing special? They seem to match most "high end" phones that have been out the last six months. Nothing new here.
Because this phone directly attacks the 'form-factor' BB is known for. It's meant to take part of BB's market share.

It's aimed as a direct competitor.

For example... I have a friend who has a BB Curve and doesn't want to change to another device because he likes the form factor of the phone, and until the Droid Pro was unveiled, nothing Android offered matched what he was looking for.... now he's getting the DroidPro when it launches...

I think this is the type of mentality Moto/Google is hoping for... IMO.

MdicnMan

Reaction score
Yeah but.......

I have tried to convince my wife to look at the Pro and leave behind the BB Bold. She loves the cool things I can do with the Droid BUT has two words to say in response to the Pro.. BATTERY LIFE.

I'm afarid I can't argue with her. She gets 3-4 days - easily - out of her BB. :icon_evil:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have tried to convince my wife to look at the Pro and leave behind the BB Bold. She loves the cool things I can do with the Droid BUT has two words to say in response to the Pro.. BATTERY LIFE.

I'm afarid I can't argue with her. She gets 3-4 days - easily - out of her BB. :icon_evil:
I don't get the battery life argument. If you can get a full day... that's ALL YOU NEED. Having to put your phone on a charger mid day, I can understand how that's frustrating... but if you make a whole day what more do you want?

Are people really that against plugging their phone into a charger at night?

You could crush your wife's argument about battery life. :) It just doesn't hold water.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Because this phone directly attacks the 'form-factor' BB is known for. It's meant to take part of BB's market share.

For example... I have a friend who has a BB Curve and doesn't want to change to another device because he likes the form factor of the phone, and until the Droid Pro was unveiled, nothing Android offered matched what he was looking for.... now he's getting the DroidPro when it launches...

So true. I believe that a lot of people will switch now with the direct form factor comparison.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

So true. I believe that a lot of people will switch now with the direct form factor comparison.
OS vs OS; Blackberry loses in a landslide to Android.

Everyone already knows that with Enterprise use... Blackberry is king, over the iPhone as well, not just Android.

But now that the 'form-factor' woes have been addressed for those contemplating leaving their BB's... I think we'll see many of them bite.