Droid Bionic Specs Leaked On Dev Site

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
droidb.jpg

The Droid Bionic, after being pushed back countless times, is finally coming our way and the closer it gets the more information slips out for us. The latest information on the upcoming Verizon LTE device is giving us an idea of what kind of specifications we can expect from the future dual core device. It seems Motorola updated a lot of the hardware and software of this superphone and now the new spec sheet has all the current Verizon devices feeling pretty bad.

The device will be running on Verizon’s 4G LTE network. Powered by a dual core Taxes Instrument OMAP4430 processor, it’ll be able to handle 1080p recording with its 8 Megapixel camera. The front camera is a vga cam, so video calling on the go isn’t going to be a drawback. Android 2.3.4, 1GB RAM, qHD resolution, WebTop access, and a HDMI setup are other features that this bad boy will have at launch.

· 1GHz OMAP4430 dual-core
· 8 megapixels (3266 x 2450 w/ 1080p video)
· VGA Fixed Focus front facing camera
· Android 2.3.4
· 1GB RAM
· 4.3-inch qHD display
· HDMI 1.4
· Webtop Access
· 4G LTE
Do these new specifications on the Bionic reignite your desire for this phone, or are any of you guys now looking toward the HTC Vigor, with its 720p display and 1.5 Ghz dual core processor?

Via: AndroidCentral

Last edited by a moderator:

J5311

Reaction score
you are late to the party.... specs have been removed on link

Reaction score
Peach pointed out that is the XT865 and not the 875. We're hoping the 875 has the OMAP 4460

darkmatter

Reaction score
I was thinking the d3 would be to bionic as d2 was to dx, looks like I was right.

I personally am quite happy to trade 4g for a keyboard, as that seems to be the significant difference.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

sarreq

Reaction score
that's actually a bit disappointing. 1gb ram, but half is used for webtop. the rest of the specs are identical except for the lack of keyboard, the screen size and 4g

NoBloatware

Reaction score
that's actually a bit disappointing. 1gb ram, but half is used for webtop. the rest of the specs are identical except for the lack of keyboard, the screen size and 4g

Hadn't we decided that the 50/50 RAM split for webtop was false?

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
Only reason I want the bionic instead of the Droid 3 is because I work where I could tap into 4G LTE. (Atrix is 4G but ATT 4G is a lie)... if the droid 3 was 4G it would be my phone right now...

stinger161

Reaction score
Liking the Bionic so far but I'm not jumping in until I see what the Galaxy S2 has as far as 4g.

King_Bean

Reaction score
*yawn*

It's either the SGS2 or Vigor for me (assuming the Vigor comes out before December and has better battery life than the Thunderbolt).

thedead04

Reaction score
Peach pointed out that is the XT865 and not the 875. We're hoping the 875 has the OMAP 4460

I'm surprised everyone seems to be overlooking that fact. I don't think those specs are entirely accurate.

From Droid-Life:

"Before we start talking about what we are seeing, we’ll quickly shoot down the comments that are surely going to arise regarding the model number. Yes, we realize that the model number that is showing up says XT865 which is the old Bionic. Once you see the specs though, you’ll quickly realize that the model number is wrong and that you should ignore it.
Update: Since we’ve seen enough emails about it, we thought we’d address it even further. Yes, we realize that the old model number of XT865 is listed. We totally get that. What you have to realize though, is the specs that are listed, are for the NEW Bionic. The old version was a Tegra 2 with just 512MB of RAM. The new build of XT875 is an OMAP with 1GB of RAM. The Moto folks just haven’t flipped the switch on the new model number yet, but have on the specs."

thedead04

Reaction score
I was so pumped for this phone, but knowing that the vigor with the 720p screen and dual core 1.5ghz is potentially right around the corner, I just dont know what to do anymore... I know you can play this game forever with technology, but with everything I'm hearing about the pentile screen and how the rest of the Bionic specs are just not blowing me away like I thought they would, I might be waiting a bit longer. My Liberty GB DX is running just fine right now, so if anyone can confirm that the vigor will be 4g and will be out say before December, then I might just have to wait for it...