Droid Pro Specs Puts A Frown On Blackberry's Face

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes with that being said BB owns the corperate world.
I know its the software that they offer, if android were to offer a similar service... well things might be different.

Joelcableguy

Reaction score
Yes with that being said BB owns the corperate world.
I know its the software that they offer, if android were to offer a similar service... well things might be different.

For now, but given a couple of years for Android to establish itself in the business world and I don't see RIM as a competitor anymore.

Just my 2 cents, but time will tell.:)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If I was in sales or something, I would definitely get it. But I'm not, and this phone is aimed at a professional user. I work in an IT department, from time to time I use LogMeIn to connect to remote computers if I'm away from my workstation, I use the web on it for all sorts of things and of course my work and personal e-mail. I don't need to keep any kind of contacts as my Exchange address book is there. Still a great competitor to the Blackberry devices.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
4 days of battery life?

Well with all of the new things she will be able to do with the phone, she definitely won't be getting a full day!!! dancedroid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
4 days of battery life?

Well with all of the new things she will be able to do with the phone, she definitely won't be getting a full day!!! dancedroid
true, i'd get 4 days if my phone only needed to run BBM! lol

Reaction score
Lol, I've never seen a BlackBerry user take out his phone for 3 hours and play games. Maybe that's why they get good battery life :).

mtavenger55

Reaction score
Lol, I've never seen a BlackBerry user take out his phone for 3 hours and play games. Maybe that's why they get good battery life :).

Actually I own a Curve & play Brick Breaker a lot when I'm bored at class or during commercials while watching T.V. lol. My battery life last me all day but I do still have to charge it because I also go on Mobile Web a lot which drains the battery.

sb1831

Reaction score
4 days of battery life?

Because she won't have a job? People that use BBs for work typically carry more than one device as it is. Unfortunately in the professional world its kinda frowned upon to still be playing video games, let alone playing them on your cellphone if you're working outside of the mail room.

Then again all of my guys know they'd be fired on the spot if i were to ever catch them dicking around on their phones while on the job.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
People that use BBs for work typically carry more than one device as it is.

No kidding....Try 3 or 4 or more in some cases. Main reason I was so excited to get Android. Had been thinking about IPhone for a few years, but couldn't go to AT&T.

sb1831

Reaction score
People that use BBs for work typically carry more than one device as it is.

No kidding....Try 3 or 4 or more in some cases. Main reason I was so excited to get Android. Had been thinking about IPhone for a few years, but couldn't go to AT&T.

I dont think a user like myself would use this phone because it lacks the option to get one without a camera (might become my new personal phone though I AM partial to my BB key pad) But do I think this thing is going to be a HUGE hit with the younger " I have a BB to look important" crowd? Yeah. Because it can do everything a BB does and on the VZW network

Ned

Reaction score
My name is Ned and I am a phonaholic.

I usually get a new phone every 8 months or so because I have 5 lines on my account. Two of them are my parents phones and they are happy with their circa '92 "bag" phones so I used their upgrades to get myself a new device. Once I got my hands on my D1 back in 2009 I have not found any device worth upgrading to. Prior to my D1 I used a BB Tour and actually liked it.

When I got my D1 I gave my lightly used tour to my wife. I have been trying to convince her to upgrade to Android for a while now but she is in love with the tour. She hates the web but likes the candy bar form factor. One of my lines has an upgrade available now and I think this will be the phone for her. Her BB is a "personal" phone that she uses for work occationally, for small Dr. office.

Her biggest "no" argument for going to Andriod was becase she is used to the BB Tour keyboard. I had her 90% convinced a couple of weeks ago to ditch the Tour and go with a D2. Then I read about the Droid Pro. I told her to hang on a couple of more weeks and I would revisit the upgrade conversation. Based on what I have read, I think the Pro is what she wants which is a better web experience, candy bar form factor and access to work emails.

So, I will be ordering the Pro on the 9th using my upgrade since I have not found something that I like better than the "original" droid and will give the wife the Pro. Worst case sceanario is she hates it. A quick ESN transfer and I can play with it for a while and reactivate her tour :).

Ned

mrhenryb

Reaction score
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroiddancedroid I cant wait left Sprint and an 8330 for my FIRST touch screen (Droid) and now I have the chance to get VZ speed with Android and BB style keyboard HECK Yeah I'm on it

jsandersp

Reaction score
While BB users seem to have a reluctance to adopt a different form factor, it is the email capability that will keep BB alive in the market. Until android can get on par, BB will hang on. When android does get on par, BB will be in big trouble!

zodder

Reaction score
Then again all of my guys know they'd be fired on the spot if i were to ever catch them dicking around on their phones while on the job.
I run a medium size IT shop and I sure as heck don't mind if my team needs a few minutes of mindless play during otherwise crazy days!

sb1831

Reaction score
I run a medium size IT shop and I sure as heck don't mind if my team needs a few minutes of mindless play during otherwise crazy days!

I'm in a slightly different business where lives can quite literally be at stake if my men are sitracted.