Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
droid4-specs1-650x450.jpg

droid4-specs2-650x295.jpg

We didn’t think it would happen this soon, but yet another leaked document suggests the Droid 4 is creeping closer to launch. This latest leak is an information sheet containing the full specs of the handset. As expected, the Droid 4 is shaping up to be a Droid Razr with a QWERTY keyboard.

According to the document, the D4 will have a dual-core 1.2GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, a 4.0-inch qHD (960×540) display, an 8-megapixel camera with 1080P recording, and LTE. It’ll also have a 5-row LED edge-lit keyboard.

Also from the looks of it, it comes with a rear cover and removal tool. Does that mean it will have a removable battery? Hmm...

We still don’t have an official details from Verizon, but a recently leaked document suggests the handset will launch on December 8th. We expected to see the D4 get its big announcement at CES, but Verizon and Motorola may surprise us with an earlier than anticipated launch.

SOURCE: Official DROID 4 Specs, It’s Definitely a Big RAZR With a Keyboard and 4G LTE – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Last edited:

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Why didn't they just release this as opposed to the D3? Hmmmmm

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Thach

Reaction score

This is my biggest question as well. I am about to give up on trying to figure these things out though. It seems like they are almost rushing these phones out now one right after the other.

loki993

Reaction score

I've been wondering the same thing.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

This is my biggest question as well. I am about to give up on trying to figure these things out though. It seems like they are almost rushing these phones out now one right after the other.

Why wasn't the Razr released instead of the Bionic....Why wasn't the Vigor released instead of the Tbolt....why wasnt the GSII released instead of the Charge...er wait scratch that one lol. See a pattern? I think this could be the new way of things with phones. Release sell a few release, something slightly better a month or 2 later.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I have my upgrade coming up in January, so this will be my next phone if it's available then! :biggrin:

Reaction score
Rear Cover Removal tool...gl on not losing that thing. FAIL motorola.

This is basically a fat razr with a removable back cover, slide out keyboard and smaller screen.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
And it's running Gingerbread... I thought Manuf's would've taken advantage of ICS not needing hard buttons on the bottom... decrease the bezel decreases the size of the phone... I hate the amoutn of bezel around the screen on the Razr and on this... And a tool to remove the back cover? Forget that. And I thought the 4.3" screen was the new fad?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Rear Cover Removal tool...gl on not losing that thing. FAIL motorola.

This is basically a fat razr with a removable back cover, slide out keyboard and smaller screen.

If the tool in the picture doesn't have a glare on it, that looks like something you can put on a keychain. But the only reason why you'd want to take it off is for the SD card, SIM card or maybe change out the battery (not yet verified that the'll even be a removeable battery).

I'm glad it's basically a RAZR. I had thought of that as a possible replacement, but prefer a physical keyboard. And a smaller screen. My D1 screen is small, but I have no use for a larger screen phone (even with all the web surfing I do).

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
Rear Cover Removal tool...gl on not losing that thing. FAIL motorola. This is basically a fat razr with a removable back cover, slide out keyboard and smaller screen.
Well those are some pretty noticeable differences to help differentiate it from the razr... I wish i had known this was coming when i got the bionic.. and i wouldn't have gotten the bionic...

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
Why wasn't the Razr released instead of the Bionic....Why wasn't the Vigor released instead of the Tbolt....why wasnt the GSII released instead of the Charge...er wait scratch that one lol. See a pattern? I think this could be the new way of things with phones. Release sell a few release, something slightly better a month or 2 later.

That really isn't a pattern. The Tbolt is near its EOL which is getting replaced on schedule by the Rezound. The Bionic is a one of a kind that wasn't intended to replace anything. The Razr has been said to be taking the X line (notice design similarities) and even tho the Razr came out after the Bionic I still prefer the Bionic. If the Rezound or S II woulda came out when the Tbolt or Charge did they would be way ahead of their time. Yes the D3 came out not to long ago but I believe the D4 is still further away then most of u believe.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the only problem i am seeing by the time this phone releases it will be on old hardware .. the way technology is moving right now you cant simply take a top of line device now and release a slightly modified device in 3 months and still be top of line .. wont happen ..

B-Unit

Reaction score
the only problem i am seeing by the time this phone releases it will be on old hardware .. the way technology is moving right now you cant simply take a top of line device now and release a slightly modified device in 3 months and still be top of line .. wont happen ..

No, but if you release a slightly modified device in 3 weeks, you get to have 2 top of the line phones out at the same time.

Dec 8, get use to the idea.

Nubbie

Reaction score
Doesnt have ICS. the hard buttons would be so annoying once it updates. Instantly outdated. might as well buy a new car.

B-Unit

Reaction score
Doesnt have ICS. the hard buttons would be so annoying once it updates. Instantly outdated. might as well buy a new car.
???? You do know that ICS will use physical buttons if they are there, right?