1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Motorola Droid Shadow May Have a Larger Screen than First Thought

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by JimMariner, Jun 13, 2010.

1. JimMariner

JimMariner New Member

Early reports of a smartphone supposedly headed for Verizon Wireless indicated that the Motorola Droid Shadow will have a 4.1-inch display. New images of this device with other recent models show that its screen could be larger than that.

[​IMG]

The HTC EVO 4G has a 4.3-inch display, one of the largest available on a smartphone. In an image that has leaked out comparing these two, the Shadow appears to have a screen at least as large as the one on the HTC model.

A second image shows this upcoming model all but dwarfing the HTC Droid Eris.

[​IMG]

More Details on the Motorola Droid Shadow
    According to earlier unconfirmed reports, the Droid Shadow will have a high-end feature set, starting with a FWVGA (854×480) touchscreen set in a slim tablet shape without a physical keyboard.

It will debut running Google's Android OS 2.1 on a 720 MHz Texas Instruments OMAP 3630 processor, and an upgrade to the new Android OS 2.2 is in the offing.

The Motorola smartphone will also allegedly include a new version of MotoBlur, Motorola's software that brings together messages from a range of social-networking services like Facebook and Twitter, text messages, as well as consumer and business email accounts, into a universal inbox.

The leaked specifications list for the Droid Shadow includes an 8-megapixel camera capable of recording 720p video as well as an HDMI video-out port which will allegedly offer 1080p support.

It will also supposedly include 8 GB of internal storage and be bundled with an 8 GB microSD memory card.

All other specifications for this model remain unknown, but it's likely to include the features that are typical in other high-end Android OS models, such as 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a GPS receiver.

Even the name hasn't been confirmed yet. It's possible this smartphone will be sold as the Motorola Droid Xtreme.

BY: Ed Hardy, Brighthand.com Editor
    PUBLISHED: 6/13/2010
    Click here to go to the source of this information
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

We can rebuild it...
    Bigger, Stronger, Faster

Bigger screen, video out, better camera, faster processor. Looking good.
  3. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

I get an early upgrade every christmas.....it's gonna be a good year this time....so much to chose from!!!!!!!
  4. rkeller62

rkeller62 Member

Based on that picture the Shadow appears to also have a 4.3" screen. The aspect ratio of the Moto screens is different than the HTC phones. 854 x 480 is 1.78:1 while 800 x 480 is 1.67:1. This means a 4.3" diagonal should be:
    3.75 x 2.11 on the Shadow
    3.59 x 2.21 on the EVO

Those numbers seem to jibe with the pic.
  5. drpotter2807

drpotter2807 New Member

Forget waiting for my Incredible to come in... I was lusting after the 4.3 screen when I saw the EVO in person, but can't do Sprints network... Now I can have one of my own!!!! SOOoooo excited for this to get here! Thanks for the leaks... KEEP EM COMING!
Search tags for this page

android phones with 1.67 screen ratio