Verizon Announces the Motorola Droid Pro

mjforte

Reaction score
This is not the Droid I'm looking for. Where's the superphone? I'm still hoping we'll see it the end of this year or the beginning of next year.

everstar80

Reaction score
I am not a fan of the keyboard. I am sure others like me with big hands love the designs of the droid and the droid 2 with the qwerty keyboard being the length of the phone instead of the width. It makes typing so much easier. I hope that the pictures of the possible superphone stay with the design of the keyboards. Also the screen seems really small for Motorola phone.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
not very attractive but looks like something i would get since it doesnt have to slide open =]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
good move by motorola and vzw to compete with blackberry. It gonna be a nice smart phone for business customers wanting android. I am sure not to many of droid pro users will care about rooting. With that said that phone is not for me.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
That Droid should be called "Droich" or Drixi ..To me it resembles the Berry Torch or the palm Pixi way too much..That is and UGLY phone IMHO:( It looks like a prototype as well cuz it looks like and unfinished product as well..

chris420o

Reaction score
def not the droid im looking for...what a shame...i mean yeah crush blackberry but u dont need to make the phone look like a blackberry to crush bb...the droid2 with all these options would destroy blackberrys way better than this thing

i want my superdroid iphone killer...i want front fface cam duel core 2ghz vinalla android gimme what i want moto damnit!!

Bxrider117

Reaction score
This is actually a good looking phone. A business users dream, blackberry style keyboard with all of the functionality of the Android system. I was definitely looking for something a little more "KAAPOW" for the end of the year, but I am happy that no super phone is being released being i have the Droid X. It makes sense for Verizon not to release anything great if the expectation is to have LTE in 30+ markets by years end. This way next year we will see some extraordinary phones.

Roland B.

Reaction score
i wish MOTOROLA would quit putting the ANDROID OS on every phone it puts put!!!! NOW this PHONE is hella UGLY and looks TOOOOO much like a blackberry.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This one is going to need a Forum of it's own :wink:

Cunha

Reaction score
I think its a good design and will serve a lot of people really well. I would have liked to see a higher resolution screen.

I am glad to see these announcements. It looks like D2 and DX owners can rest easy for the remainder of the year and we can all patiently await the arrival of LTE and a phone truly worth upgrading for. I guess all the folks on the fence about getting a D2 or DX should just jump on board at this point, or wait for another year for some serious new phones.

I didn't think motorola was silly enough to make their own current premier devices (DX and D2) look outdated in just a month or two. Glad to see that was the case.

Seriously though..this will be JUST the phone that some people wanted. It isn't for you hardcore media viewer guys but for some people it will do exactly what they need.

All of the other phones in this announcement seem like just a way of offering lots of different alternatives for little kids to look at when shopping for a phone..just to really get all of the non android phones out of verizon stores or something haha.

huskur

Reaction score
i wish MOTOROLA would quit putting the ANDROID OS on every phone it puts put!!!! NOW this PHONE is hella UGLY and looks TOOOOO much like a blackberry.

Had to really laugh at this post!!! Friggin' hilarious!!!!!:rofl3:

droidtom

Reaction score
I think it's great. Who cares if it is the phone many of us want. It will sell for alot of corporate users that love their BB's. Moto has done the D2, the X, and now this. They are rolling out phones much faster than HTC and choice is not a bad thing. I won't be getting this one either, but that doesn't mean it won't help bring android market share up even more.