Moto Droid 2/AKA Shadow

OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score
So this news all really has me going.

but 2 other people on my plan have upgrades, and I may be able to bribe them with a cheap/free hand me down droid and a few months of their phone bill so I can use their upgrade. Once I'm eligible from an upgrade, do I have to use it within any amount of time or is it good for the remainder of my contract?

If you are lead on the acct and one of the two aint your wife. Take it :)
RHIP=rank has it's privleges...........
If the above is not the case well; start sniveling

I wish I were so lucky. Nah, I'm a secondary account on it, but it's really a shared deal "we all split the bill evenly and no one person has priority" so it's a matter of just brokering what works best for everyone. At least one person on it is unlikely to want a smartphone, so I don't know if I could use that one. Because of the required data plan, I'm thinking, even if she upgrades to a smartphone and then immediately switches to a regular phone, that data plan is probably part of the 2-year "commitment" and it couldn't be downgraded back when the phone is changed, so I'd have to rely on the other person switching at some point and being willing to get my phone free instead of a cutting edge one for 1-200 bucks.

Then just wait; patience is a virtue.....
Just a suggestion from here on out I would do a 1yr......

OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score
Sorry to burst everyone's bubble... here is some news

Motorola MB810 Passes Wi-Fi Alliance | Android Phone Fans

It's a GSM handset. :icon_evil:

Nothing here says it is a GSM handset. That certification is a b/g/n wifi cert. And the editor says "will most likely be a GSM handset"... which DOES make a bit of sense. However nothing has confirmed this as fact yet.

Lets keep the faith; that they spread the love. I don't think they wanna
loose the base they have already established with VZ.
But it is somewhat in the wild VZ is getting one...

R

Romple

TBH I don't want it on VZW! :D I got plenty of time before I'm buying a new handset anyway. Longer we wait the more likely they'll have better tech in.

Besides, the Droid did wonders in saving Motos ass. They'd be silly to not want a Droid on ATT. Don't get your hopes up too much. (i think that handset render is ugly anyway)

Let's wait til they slap a Tegra 250 in there before VZW gets it! :icon_ banana:

Alfador

Reaction score
Then just wait; patience is a virtue.....
Just a suggestion from here on out I would do a 1yr......

My concern is the fact that there's no real firm idea on how long I'd be waiting. "Something" is coming out in June, but is it something worth getting? The details are so, SO foggy. I think you're right about the 1 year though. It may be worth an extra 30 bucks or so in order to have freedom to make the change a year from now. If I had a smartphone right now I'd be willing to wait, but sucking it up with an LG chocolate having no access to email or web is, well it's just damn awful.

OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score
[/quote]If I had a smartphone right now I'd be willing to wait, but sucking it up with an LG chocolate having no access to email or web is, well it's just damn awful.[/QUOTE]

You poor soul; I feel your pain. Everyone lets just sit down and cry with him.

hectorh3000

Reaction score

TBH I don't want it on VZW! :D I got plenty of time before I'm buying a new handset anyway. Longer we wait the more likely they'll have better tech in.

Besides, the Droid did wonders in saving Motos ass. They'd be silly to not want a Droid on ATT. Don't get your hopes up too much. (i think that handset render is ugly anyway)

Let's wait til they slap a Tegra 250 in there before VZW gets it! :icon_ banana:

the main reason ATT does not have a true droid is due to the iphone...

Darkseider

Reaction score

the main reason ATT does not have a true droid is due to the iphone...

Ain't that the truth. So far the two android handsets for AT&T, the Backflip and soon to be released Aero, are both gimped severely. Here's hoping the rumored HTC Android slider going to AT&T can be easily rooted and the love spread to those folks as well.

Dustinmj

Reaction score
Can't wait for something to come along on VZW to blow my incredible out of the water. If it ups the incredible the way my incredible up'd my Droid... I'm all in :)

Droids

Reaction score
From what I've reading over on Howard, the Shadow does not have a keyboard, but has much better specs than the Incredible, and is looking at a summertime release, meaning sometime in July most likely.

The Godly (is this the Droid 2?) will release closer to the end of the year. Makes sense as a v2 model would typically be released about a year after the previous model. It has a keyboard and smokes the Shadow.

Phones on the drawing board for 2011 will make all phones released in 2010 look like toys. It's only going to get better. I can see myself holding onto the Moto Droid until Droid 2 comes out. No way I can wait until contract is up in Nov. 2011 to upgrade.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
From what I've reading over on Howard, the Shadow does not have a keyboard, but has much better specs than the Incredible, and is looking at a summertime release, meaning sometime in July most likely.

The Godly (is this the Droid 2?) will release closer to the end of the year. Makes sense as a v2 model would typically be released about a year after the previous model. It has a keyboard and smokes the Shadow.

Phones on the drawing board for 2011 will make all phones released in 2010 look like toys. It's only going to get better. I can see myself holding onto the Moto Droid until Droid 2 comes out. No way I can wait until contract is up in Nov. 2011 to upgrade.
This is correct...

There is even mention it (Droid 2) may be the first LTE device...

OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score

This is correct...

There is even mention it (Droid 2) may be the first LTE device...

CK on that note I can have a cigarette roll over n go to sleep...

Googleaddict

Reaction score