The Official DF Droid 4 Pre-Release Thread

Fr33dom

Reaction score
My GPS works perfectly fine on my D3

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Seems in some parts of the country it does--may have something to do with its time server configuration. For me its a restart to use it and if I'm lucky it'll last the trip.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I just called the Verizon store by my work (closest place to get a D4) and it's not open until 10:p. I was hoping to call so they could hold one for me. :D I was going to take an early lunch before my afternoon seminar and let it charge while I"m in there. Having something to look forward to might help me get through it.
dancedroid

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Well... I meant to say if anyone still had a D1 and can do the speaker comparison :) my bad.

Sent from my MavD³

You said "if" and that was funny. Plus you put it in all caps and an exclamation point after.

On the I Got It thread someone mentioned the speaker. I found for tv shows i converted VERY loud. For movies i recorded with my D1 its low.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

droidbound

Reaction score
Well... I meant to say if anyone still had a D1 and can do the speaker comparison :) my bad.

Sent from my MavD³

Well, I actually have a D1 and just got the D4 today. What is it you want to know? The speaker on the D4 is way better, sounds good enough to actually play some music as background through the external speaker.
Regarding phone calls, well all I can say is, when I got the first phone call on the D4 my immediate reaction was: WOW! Very clear voice, much better than the D1.
So far I am VERY happy with my purchase, though - boy - this thing is loaded with bloatware!
Cannot say much about battery life (my biggest worry since you can't swap the battery) because I have been playing with it non-stop for hours and with that kind of usage it won't make it through a full day. But that is to be expected.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
With my playing around, my battery went fast.
From about 5:00 pm to now, 9:12pm, four hours later it went to 30%. But that's with playing video, surfing web, downloading apps, reading DroidForums, checking email, twitter, taking pics, etc. Just general stuff when you get a new phone ;)

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

tuffD1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info about the speaker guys.

Sent from my MavD³

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say....
CONGRATS!!!!!! To all of you on this thread whom played a role in the anticipation.. As you all know now this is it.. No more new phones for a bit. Can you believe it? Anyone else actually happy its all over? This last year was total " Anticipation Extreme!" And myself by the way, am very glad its over. I feel its a good time to all just enjoy. We deserve this. Rezound, Razr, Gnex D4....Hell of a nice batch of hardware! Here's to all of us....And all that stress.. CHEERS!!!!!!!!!
PEACE!!!
IS everyone happy with their choice? I truly hope so!:)

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

rhindon

Reaction score
Just wanted to say....
IS everyone happy with their choice? I truly hope so!:)

I am. I went from the Droid 2 to the Droid 4 Saturday. It's only been a couple of days, but I love the keyboard and the speed (so far). I'm still tinkering around and learning things, downloading apps like crazy (thank goodness I'm grandfathered in for unlimited data!). The screen doesn't bother me, but again, I'm coming from the D2.