Could this be the Motorola Droid 2?

Darkseider

Reaction score
Motorola has stated that they are not purchasing Snapdragon processors any longer.

For what reason? Something better they have their eyes on, or did they not say why?

Apparently Motorola is going with T.I.'s OMAP line of SoC. Which in my opinion is a better choice. The OMAP 3430, 3630 and 4430 (Dual Core Cortex A-9) are absolutely phenomenal and rock solid pieces. The 4430 (dual core) will provide 3x the performance of a like clocked Cortex A-8 OMAP for the same or less power consumption. dancedroiddancedroid

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
Is it just me Or from the pic does that sort of look like Motoblur?

IMO it looks exactly like the dorid taken from an angle that makes it look bigger(notice you cant see the whole bottom of the phone) and the pic could be shopped

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola has stated that they are not purchasing Snapdragon processors any longer.

For what reason? Something better they have their eyes on, or did they not say why?

Apparently Motorola is going with T.I.'s OMAP line of SoC. Which in my opinion is a better choice. The OMAP 3430, 3630 and 4430 (Dual Core Cortex A-9) are absolutely phenomenal and rock solid pieces. The 4430 (dual core) will provide 3x the performance of a like clocked Cortex A-8 OMAP for the same or less power consumption. dancedroiddancedroid

This this this. Snapdragon is not the end all be all cpu folks.

shamus

Reaction score
I haven't had my moto for a bit now but I forget...

On the activation screen, I'm fairly positive it doesn't say "Welcome to A855".
Does anyone know what the Droid does say on that screen?

Also in that pic, it looks like they switched the back key.

tktouch12

Reaction score
this could be the new one. but is there anyway motorola would let us droid users upgrade to this without affecting our verizon contracts?

also, that processor sounds really great, so who needs snapdragon.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
this could be the new one. but is there anyway motorola would let us droid users upgrade to this without affecting our verizon contracts?

also, that processor sounds really great, so who needs snapdragon.

Motorola would have nothing to do with that. Verizon is the only one that can allow you to upgrade early.

missrachel

Reaction score
I am LOVING all this Android action right now!! Screw Apple!!!!!!!! ;)

Do you guys think this phone will have a keyboard?? It doesn't look like it!! I can only pray.. I too like it for SNESoid, but I do not want or need a keyboard on my smartphone, especially a crappy one like the Moto Droid :p

The Xtreme might have a keyboard.. kinda looks like it.. this phone looks more like an iPhone 3G or 3GS with those silvery rounded edges..!!!???

<333333 /Android fangirl

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

andrewc7785

Reaction score
I believe someone is pulling our chains with this one, maybe if that was a full pic of the entire phone I would believe it.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
or they could of just cropped that area out...but idk...it was said that the menu icon was goin to change

haythem1992

Reaction score