Best shots yet of Motorola Droid 2 & Boot Animation

victorythagr8

Reaction score
Not enough for me to upgrade. Don't like Motoblur and 750mhz is not enough. Too bad I need a keyboard and most phones are sticking to all touch. I guess I will be waiting longer than I intended to to get a new phone.

I pretty much agree, I thought now a days, you needed a 1Ghz snapdragon minim.

Is Motoblur really bad, have you actually used it?
Even though I use and love my Droid it could use a shell.
What do you think?

this 750mhz processor is faster than the 1ghz snapdragon.

Snapdragon is the most overrated processor right now in the mobile its all processing power but it lacks some graphic power while the OMAP 3630 not only uses a 45nm processor(meaning more efficient and faster) it also have better a faster GPU than the original droid. You never look at the speed of the processor but you need to know all about the processor before you judge. Just like how the 550mhz of the Omap 3430 outperforms the Samsung Moment 800mhz.

Really look at the bench mark of the Shadow without froyo and the Nexus One without froyo. The shadow clearly outpeformed it.

champaned_out

Reaction score
for those of you that are *****ing about the cpu speed why dont you google the difference between the 65nm snap proccessor and the 45nm omap processor... funny how some of you want the lastest tech devices, yet know nothing about technology

microsnook

Reaction score
Agreed. I think it needs a front facing camera, an 8MP camera on the back and at least a 1Ghz processor to match up w/ the other phones out there...
Did you even read the last few posts about the processer?
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

No lol my b.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
this 750mhz processor is faster than the 1ghz snapdragon.

Snapdragon is the most overrated processor right now in the mobile its all processing power but it lacks some graphic power while the OMAP 3630 not only uses a 45nm processor(meaning more efficient and faster) it also have better a faster GPU than the original droid. You never look at the speed of the processor but you need to know all about the processor before you judge. Just like how the 550mhz of the Omap 3430 outperforms the Samsung Moment 800mhz.

Really look at the bench mark of the Shadow without froyo and the Nexus One without froyo. The shadow clearly outpeformed it.
You can probably count on the Droid 2 running at 1GHZ

Droid X is clocked there so you can count on the Droid 2 to be right up there.

2 great Moto phones

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
hmm. the bootup is nice.. but why is the droid 2 look exactly the same. not only does it look the same. but it pretty much is the same. 150 mhz extra? a 1ghz is currently the "bar". 5mp? um... the droid has 5mp. this droid 2 looks like a fail..

the x on the other hand.... looks epic.

dhinged

Reaction score
I'm not sure I see a reason to upgrade from the Droid. This really looks like it's what the first Droid should have been.

Bruiser616

Reaction score
1 or 2?

I'm one of the fence-sitters who has been waiting for the extreme and Droid 2 to get a Droid. I want a slideout keyboard so I know I want Droid 2. Most of you are saying you don't want to upgrade for various reasons including Motoblur.

If you did not have your droid already, would you buy Droid 1 or Droid 2 given that you wanted the physical keyboard and knowing what you know now?

pax

Reaction score
Oh wow

I like the look of the new droid with it being slimmer than mine. The screen size looks good, and just about fell out of my chair when I saw that it will be coming with motoblur? That is the one thing that I miss from when I tried the Devour.

Is it coming with more than three screens?

victorythagr8

Reaction score
hmm. the bootup is nice.. but why is the droid 2 look exactly the same. not only does it look the same. but it pretty much is the same. 150 mhz extra? a 1ghz is currently the "bar". 5mp? um... the droid has 5mp. this droid 2 looks like a fail..

the x on the other hand.... looks epic.

Did you even read the thread at all. Even a few post before yours.

The 750mhz 45nm processor that the Droid 2 possess out peforms the snap dragon.

I swear to many ignorant people in this thread who speak about not having a 1ghz processor even though the OMAP 3640 outperforms the Snapdragon and has far better graphic processor than the original droid.

victorythagr8

Reaction score
And since i cant edit in the news section.

Really learn about the OMAP 3630 before dissing it especially when it is more powerful than the snapdragon.

And also for the root crowd who braggin about their Overclock droid running 1.2 is more powerful than this. Well the OMAP 3630 since its using 45nm processor that it has far better overclocking potenetial than the original droid. 1.5mhz is actually possible on that chip.

wonsae

Reaction score
Hell, the omap 3440 runs as well as the 1ghz snapdragon
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

victorythagr8

Reaction score
Now for all the people who has been complaining about the 750mhz OMAP3630 processor which outperforms the snapdragon can be happy because now its been verified by Verizon own adverisement that it is running a 1ghz processor. SO most likely this is the OMAP 3640 which kills the Snapdragon.

droid-commercial-slide1.jpg

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
More pics and info....thank ya.

So, 1Ghz (which CK mentioned last week..) So, folks cant complain about the speed anymore...

And thats the same chip thats on the X, we all see what the X did on that Quadrant test....u cannot deny the power of this cpu.....

Whoever is in the market for a smartphone and want a Android with a keyboard, need to look long and hard at the Droid 2. From the general public's view, the only thing the Droid 1 has over it will be 2 year contract price.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
I like the look of the new droid with it being slimmer than mine. The screen size looks good, and just about fell out of my chair when I saw that it will be coming with motoblur? That is the one thing that I miss from when I tried the Devour.

Is it coming with more than three screens?

woah someone out there likes otoblur? to each their own...