Could this be the Motorola Droid 2?

souljerr

Reaction score
lol does any one actually use those lanyard wrist straps? like who just puts those things on their phone and lets it dangle off their wrist while they walk?

Lanyards are in. Personally I think I'd look pretty stupid having my phone hanging from one but at my daughters middle school and cousins college they are very popular. I don't see either of these are significant markets for the Droid 2 but who knows what the Moto marketing departments are thinking? :confused:

yeah right lol I just think having it dangling from your wrist will cause you to bang it against things alot easier.:)

They normally wear them hanging from their necks but still not a good look if you ask me.

Droid101

Reaction score
Lanyards are in. Personally I think I'd look pretty stupid having my phone hanging from one but at my daughters middle school and cousins college they are very popular. I don't see either of these are significant markets for the Droid 2 but who knows what the Moto marketing departments are thinking? :confused:

yeah right lol I just think having it dangling from your wrist will cause you to bang it against things alot easier.:)

They normally wear them hanging from their necks but still not a good look if you ask me.

Yeah not the best look I think I will stick with the belt clip:)

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
From what I understand

This phone from what I understand is going to be released as the Nexus 2 because of the android 2.1 software and nexus seems to sound less geeky than Droid. This phone I believe because of the red shine on the screen will be released at vodaphone in europe verizon's global partner. This is what I've heard.

Personally black is cooler than white for the keyboard.

Eli

Reaction score
looks like a fake rendering.

Anyway, I hope they move the d-pad to the left. Adding a number pad on the right, could double as gaming keys, making the phone a perfect gaming device.

Would like to see e-ink on the keys like the alias 2.

Keyboard needs to have more depth and not be as flat as the current droid.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I'd have to say, that keyboard doesn't look any easier to use than the current one. And the wrist strap loop is just dumb, throws off the lines of the phone and makes for an odd pocket shape.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I can't think of a reason where using one as an actual strap (think wiimote) would be a good idea. but people put lanyards on keys all the time to make them easier to find or grab in a purse or wallet... I wish my droid had the option.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I can't think of a reason where using one as an actual strap (think wiimote) would be a good idea. but people put lanyards on keys all the time to make them easier to find or grab in a purse or wallet... I wish my droid had the option.

girls love this feature... lanyards, keychains, etc... but i doubt we'd see it on a highend smartphone... the backflip, on the other hand, would be perfect with it...

jlutgring

Reaction score
Very sexy design. If this is true, the iPhone craze might be drawing to a close. While I love my Droid, I am pleased to see all of the new, improved Android phones that are going to be flooding the market. In 2 years when my contract has expired, I'm going to have a lot of fun getting a new handset, IF I choose to part with my Droid.

chassum

Reaction score
The flat keys on the Motodroid keyboard are a definite no-go for me. I need some texture to tell if I'm fat-fingering things. :(

thedefectkid

Reaction score
The bottom pic looks photshopped hardcore LOL The phone doesn't look that bad though but I think I've seen alot better releases then this one...