Motorola A55 Devour could be next Verizon Droid

jtcampbell

Reaction score
Not sure; although you might be able to. Will have to ask someone else about that one.

Markee

Reaction score
I am happy with my current Droid. It seems well built, even though it could use some needed keyboard spacing improvements. I would not be ready to jump to some "plastic" or "lightweight" or "improved" version. Give the next design change some time and make it worth the wait... Make it smoother and more polished like the iphone...

Even the droid boxes looked "klunky" and cheap... Thankfully the they put the money in the Droid... But they should have included the "Japanese touch... cover everything in a plastic bag and make it out of glossy paper that you love to touch... Just my thoughts.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
@tktouch12: the Calgary is a "mini-droid", smaller screen, slower? (probably), less durable... etc.

the Droid is still the superior model...

now about that HTC Passion/Dragon/Incredible....

Goood cuz if I have to have the droid 2 years, I don't want it to get beaten in the first month

Been playing this game for years. In the tech world worrying about what will come along to top your current equipment, whether phones or computers, will assure that you never ever upgrade to new stuff. Buy what you need and learn to use it. Try to avoid an adolescent mindset that embeds your ego in your equipment.

fezdlc

Reaction score
nah looks a cheap t-mobile side kick!:dry:.. My droid looks 100 times better than that! :motdroidvert: :lifting:

LordKastle

Reaction score
This same picture was posted on this forum with an LG logo and now with this thread it says Verizon where the LG logo was. It's fishy.

butterfras

Reaction score
If it's going to the A55 I'm going to laugh my A55 off. Did no one notice what that looks like?

The_Omega_Man

Reaction score
I like this potential design. I also like the fact that it HAS a 4th keyboard row!

The curved contours of the screen section seem to flow more smoothly in to the chin area, than that of the current Droid design. This potentially gives this android phone a thinner effective profile and effectively kills some of the "industrial Box design," rhetoric, which some Droid critics :)heart::iphone::icon_ poke::motdroidvert: ) eschewed when the Moto. Droid was first released.

If this is a real concept product, then it would appear, to me anyway, that someone at Motorola's design team is listening and actually learning from this Droid/Milestone experience. Except for the key spacing part. :blink:

And for God's sake Motorola, PLEASE do not use a membrane-like keyboard, EVER again, on another mobile device! :soapbox:

jgesler

Reaction score
the first picture looks pretty cool but i dont see the appeal in a watered down version of the droid unless its not a smart phone so you dont have to worry about the data fee but without the internet the droid would lose a ton of functionality