Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Every phone will run 450% faster than it was running before. It has nothing to do what processor is running it.

I would think that all phones will go 450% faster not just the Nexus One.

As far as more Home Screens I highly doubt it. This is a very general update to all Android phones - not specifically to the Droid.

The awesome feature that it might have is the applications will be stored into the SD Card, and more likely, it will make the Droid works much faster then it does now.... If its reported to be 450% faster on Nexus One, it might be fast on Motorola Droid by 200%. That really would be awesome.

I just thought that since Nexus One runs on 1GHz Snapdraggon, it would be faster by 450%, but since Droid is 550mhz, it might be slower then that, but I'm not sure..

Reaction score
Oh wait, never mind about my comment I must have been drunk and not known it. I get a *facepalm* for myself lol.

Reaction score
I have good faith that 2.2 will be announced tomorrow due to several posts about it over at Engadget ^_^

Big Cam

Reaction score
I hope android 2.2 gives us droid users more home screens and maybe the 3d launcher.. If the lg ally has the 3d launcher with a keyboard, it should be able to be put on the droid..

Doesn't HelixLauncher 2 already grant this functionality? It does for me anyway.
Ya it does, but it lags bad. I can't wait for stock 7 screens.

Droid101

Reaction score
So if Google releases 2.2 tomorrow, will us Droid owners ever see it and how long? 5 months?

I wouldn't say 5 months but I would safely say anywhere from 1-3 months after. It all is relying on the testing of the software and its approval. But by the time we get it 2.3 will be out lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Silver Member
Reaction score

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Froyo will be released, however it will be a while before it hits our phones. We will see custom 2.2 rooted roms long before the official release.

And who wants an "official OTO release" when we can have "Custom Rooted Roms" instead

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Froyo will be released, however it will be a while before it hits our phones. We will see custom 2.2 rooted roms long before the official release.

And who wants an "official OTO release" when we can have "Custom Rooted Roms" instead

I meant OTA not OTO, also try the Beta Version Helix 1.4 all the perks of Helix2 with no lag

Silver Member
Reaction score
the SDK has to come out first. nothing will really happen until then.

nphil

Reaction score
What's most exciting (to me anyway) is that Froyo adds support for OpenGL ES 2.0 java bindings, which means better looking and preforming games! Right now if you want 2.0 support, you have to use the NDK and I've only seen a handful of games go that route.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What's most exciting (to me anyway) is that Froyo adds support for OpenGL ES 2.0 java bindings, which means better looking and preforming games! Right now if you want 2.0 support, you have to use the NDK and I've only seen a handful of games go that route.

Which games are using it?

nphil

Reaction score

Which games are using it?

I think ExZeus uses it, I remember reading on an interview somewhere about it. That's the reason why the game is buttery smooth, and looks quite amazing to boot.

There's also this fractal generator (technically not a game) and another weird game by the same people behind ExZeus.

Status
Not open for further replies.