Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExactDroid

Reaction score
Honestly.... I'm not sure what the Shocking news is that everyone is expecting?

We all know it will be released by google very soon... and it will also take a while before it has a chance to hit our phones.

masterxchief

Reaction score
A guy on another forums that works for Motorola stated way back before the 2.1 rolled out for the Droid that Motorola had already started developing and testing Froyo. I don't care if you believe me or not, I am simply passing on what I have heard.

DC4MVP

Reaction score
I know everyone always lies about knowing someone who works for VZW or whatever but I do have a buddy, John, that is a tech worker for VZW.

I asked him about Froyo and according to him, the odds are pointing to a September Droid release (OTA).

He also said something regarding Flash 10.1 may be released ahead of Froyo with a June release if everything goes OK. I believe that's what he said or I read it wrong.

I dunno if anything has been posted relating to that but that's just the rumors I heard. So take it for what it's worth.

Silver Member
Reaction score
A guy on another forums that works for Motorola stated way back before the 2.1 rolled out for the Droid that Motorola had already started developing and testing Froyo. I don't care if you believe me or not, I am simply passing on what I have heard.

I'm sure they have been. Google isn't going to just compile a bunch of code and then present it at a huge conference. It needs to go through weeks, if not months of testing before it can even be announced as a viable product.

The fact that Moto has had their hands on Froyo is no shock to me, and shouldn't be a shock to anyone else.

I know everyone always lies about knowing someone who works for VZW or whatever but I do have a buddy, John, that is a tech worker for VZW.

I asked him about Froyo and according to him, the odds are pointing to a September Droid release (OTA).

He also said something regarding Flash 10.1 may be released ahead of Froyo with a June release if everything goes OK. I believe that's what he said or I read it wrong.

I dunno if anything has been posted relating to that but that's just the rumors I heard. So take it for what it's worth.

I'm sure most people are telling the truth about knowing someone at VZW. The problem is about 90% of all VZW employees get their information the same way we do. They only way to know that you are getting solid information is if you have written documentation and the person in question actually works for their testing/QA labs.

Nopetize

Reaction score
This has been quite an interesting read. I think everyone can at least agree that it will be an interesting week, and hopefully exciting few weeks ahead!
I agree! Android 2.2 is the update we've all been waiting for :p

I guarantee you when if it takes until June or later for 2.2 to hit the Droid it will then be discussed so much that no matter how good it is, it won't be good enough. People are always going to want/expect more.

Noticeably missing (again) in Miami's list of possible updated features was the lack of bluetooth voice call capability. I love my Droid but no matter how much I try I can't get past this Android flaw.

Uhmmm...not trying to sound so condescending...but isn't that why they make feature updates? It's not that it isn't "good enough" it's just that it sparks more ideas for improving. Hence the jingle...."If there's no limit to what Droid gets, there's no limit to what Droid does."

Darkseider

Reaction score
I agree! Android 2.2 is the update we've all been waiting for :p

I guarantee you when if it takes until June or later for 2.2 to hit the Droid it will then be discussed so much that no matter how good it is, it won't be good enough. People are always going to want/expect more.

Noticeably missing (again) in Miami's list of possible updated features was the lack of bluetooth voice call capability. I love my Droid but no matter how much I try I can't get past this Android flaw.

Uhmmm...not trying to sound so condescending...but isn't that why they make feature updates? It's not that it isn't "good enough" it's just that it sparks more ideas for improving. Hence the jingle...."If there's no limit to what Droid gets, there's no limit to what Droid does."

The noticeably missing Bluetooth voice call capability is NOT missing and is present in Android 2.1. When the Canadian and Euro Milestones received their 2.1 updates on the update feature pages one of the mentioned additions was in fact "Bluetooth voice dialing". Now as to why Motorola/VZW whomever decided NOT to include this in the U.S. 2.1 update to the Droid is beyond me but it does in fact already exist.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The noticeably missing Bluetooth voice call capability is NOT missing and is present in Android 2.1. When the Canadian and Euro Milestones received their 2.1 updates on the update feature pages one of the mentioned additions was in fact "Bluetooth voice dialing". Now as to why Motorola/VZW whomever decided NOT to include this in the U.S. 2.1 update to the Droid is beyond me but it does in fact already exist.

Link me and show me a reliable source that says this. Because I sure haven't heard of any Android phone having GPS.

Give me a link and I'll come back and say you're right, until then I stand by what I say. And remember, it has to come from a reliable source like engadget or something similar.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Link me and show me a reliable source that says this. Because I sure haven't heard of any Android phone having GPS.

Give me a link and I'll come back and say you're right, until then I stand by what I say. And remember, it has to come from a reliable source like engadget or something similar.

GPS or Bluetooth dialing?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm talking about bluetooth voice dialing, without an app or using a headset like Blue Ant Q1.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

I'm talking about bluetooth voice dialing, without an app or using a headset like Blue Ant Q1.

Thats what I thought you meant but you said GPS in post, I got confuzzled ..<g>

Status
Not open for further replies.