Droid X running FroYo? [Breaking]

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
8x7tvs.jpg

Apparently there is a 2.2 build of FroYo floating around for the Droid X, and p3Droid over at MyDroidWorld has it! More news as it comes.

Quote from p3Droid:
No this is not a hoax, and your eyes are not deceiving you. This is a screenshot of the DroidX running [COLOR=#960000 ! important][COLOR=#960000 ! important]Android[/COLOR][/COLOR] 2.2 (Froyo). Not a lot of information is available but jump into the forum to see what I know and to share what you know

What I know:

** Yes it still has blur
** No it does not have the new froyo homescreen
** It behaves and looks just like current system.

Source: MyDroidWorld

kpiskin

Reaction score
Sounds like 2.1 with a 2.2 wrapper. I wonder if Motorola is having a problem integrating Blur into 2.2, so is going to tell everyone it's their version of 2.2 but it's really Android 2.1 underneath. Benchmarks will tell the difference.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it's more like this: alot of the cool things that make Froyo so exciting were already included in the 2.1 release for the X. Going by the benchmark scores, it would seem to me that the X with it's current OS release is already using the new JIT, for example.

In other words, I believe that the X's incarnation of 2.1 is alot closer to Froyo than any other device's 2.1 release.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt expect it to look different tho. Wont Froyo on the Inc still have Sense UI?

lschmitt

Reaction score
I think it's more like this: alot of the cool things that make Froyo so exciting were already included in the 2.1 release for the X. Going by the benchmark scores, it would seem to me that the X with it's current OS release is already using the new JIT, for example.

In other words, I believe that the X's incarnation of 2.1 is alot closer to Froyo than any other device's 2.1 release.

No way. My original Droid benchmarks as good or better than my X does (my Droid has 2.2 and is OCed to 1Ghz). If the X is running currently running the JIT compiler the benchmarks would BLOW my Droid away!! There really not even in the same class when it comes to CPU and GPU. X with JIT will probably score 1500's + all day on Quadrant, without an OC. With an OC, forget about it!! The things a frickn' beast!!

Droid X is not 2.2.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Full screenshot gallery of Droid X running 2.2... (super-slow benchmarks?)

over at Droid Life

fishstick600

Reaction score
whats your OCed droids benchmark scores? my X's score is....... sry waiting for it to complete XD...almost done aaaaaand DNA thingy.. 1262 inbetween the nexus one and "Shadow" i think its funny that the evo isnt even listed XD

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
No way. My original Droid benchmarks as good or better than my X does (my Droid has 2.2 and is OCed to 1Ghz). If the X is running currently running the JIT compiler the benchmarks would BLOW my Droid away!! There really not even in the same class when it comes to CPU and GPU. X with JIT will probably score 1500's + all day on Quadrant, without an OC. With an OC, forget about it!! The things a frickn' beast!!

Droid X is not 2.2.

Well, we'll see when 2.2 comes out for it, won't we? A 1GHz ARM Cortex A8 is only capable of so much, even if the memory bandwidth is a bit better.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
whats your OCed droids benchmark scores? my X's score is....... sry waiting for it to complete XD...almost done aaaaaand DNA thingy.. 1262 inbetween the nexus one and "Shadow" i think its funny that the evo isnt even listed XD

I can't remember what number I got, but my DROID OCed to 1GHz scored higher than the Nexus One running 2.2

fishstick600

Reaction score
Wow that's pretty impressive . I can't imagine where the x will be when we finally get 2.2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score

Just got done running my OC Droid 1.

My Quadrant score is 1473!!!dancedroid