1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Samsung Teases us Once Again with Froyo

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Jan 3, 2011.

1. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Samsung rings in the new year with yet another tease of an Android 2.2 "Froyo" upgrade for the Samsung Fascinate. According to a recent post from their Samsung USA twitter account, a tweet reads "We are working to make the Android 2.2/Froyo upgrade available to all U.S. Galaxy S owners as soon as possible. We want Galaxy S owners to have simple/reliable upgrade. We r running tests due to complexity/unique functionality." So Fascinate owners, get your spoons ready!

Source: Samsung USA (Samsungtweets) on Twitter

Thanks for the tip Leroy!
  2. Overcomer

Overcomer New Member

Spoon is ready!!!
  3. Steeeler

Steeeler New Member

Heck, spoon has been ready for a long time now.
  4. BenRx

BenRx New Member

+1

We'll be finally eating froyo as everyone else starts to eat Gingerbread.

Heck, my Eris had 2.1, so I upgraded to a Fascinate so I could get.... 2.1 still?
  5. porkbrains

porkbrains New Member

My Eris has Gingerbread... :p

Hopefully they've learned a lot in this process and will be able to push the 2.3 updates much faster. I understand why they delay, the uproar would be much worse if troubleshooting wasn't done properly, but still... In a world where device specs are getting homogenized, these companies need to realize that they are also being judged on the strength of their update support.

That said, after my dismal experiences with the HTC and the Eris, I'm just gonna wait and see what phone kaos gets next. Best user support in the "industry."
  6. BenRx

BenRx New Member

haha :).. I know I know.. but reasonably I shouldn't have to root to get the latest updates. Except with the Eris which has been discontinued... and good riddance.