[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

dwray

Reaction score
Don't know if this is a bug or not, but ever since updating to Liberty GB, I keep getting prompted to update kickback, soundback, and talkback in the market. Trying to update any of them fails every time so I just wanted to check if there is either a way to update them, or if they are unnecessary enough to be frozen in Titanium (since they can't be uninstalled).

jdhas

Reaction score
Don't know if this is a bug or not, but ever since updating to Liberty GB, I keep getting prompted to update kickback, soundback, and talkback in the market. Trying to update any of them fails every time so I just wanted to check if there is either a way to update them, or if they are unnecessary enough to be frozen in Titanium (since they can't be uninstalled).

Did you wipe data/cache before installing .8?

dwray

Reaction score

Did you wipe data/cache before installing .8?

I've wiped data/cache for each install of liberty even if a wipe wasn't required. I even sbf'd before installing version .1 to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

elicarter

Reaction score
i just installed v.8, coming from v.6. I did a wiped data and cache. I'm getting the sync icon in the notification bar and I cannot figure out what is going on. Ive tried the usual suspects: deleted and re added all email accounts, batt pulls....help

DX on LGBv.8

Go to marketplace, my apps....is your apps still installing?

BeDepressive

Reaction score
LCD Density

Firstly, thanks to jrummy and the entire Liberty team for creating such a wonderful ROM. It's much appreciated.

I am unable to get the LCD density option (Liberty Settings -> Liberty Customizer -> All options picker -> Build Props -> Desired LCD desnsity [sic]) to stick. After I change the LCD Density to 180, click OK, click apply, click Reboot, the system reboots but the LCD density stays at 240. I've tried this multiple times.

On an unrelated note, the calendar bug that's been an issue for me since making the switch to GB has been resolved. Huzzah!:icon_ banana:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
My lcd change is sticking. 180? That's small! I'm on 220 or at the lowest 210. Does a more reasonable num like that work? Or try using droid overclock to set lcd, or the app lcd density changer

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's library related, but my netflix says my device has been removed! Anyone else having this issue?

mjs1015

Reaction score
Just checked my netflix and it works, adw launcher working fine as well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

BeDepressive

Reaction score
My lcd change is sticking. 180? That's small! I'm on 220 or at the lowest 210. Does a more reasonable num like that work? Or try using droid overclock to set lcd, or the app lcd density changer

180 certainly is small! I prefer minimalist UI and shrinking everything makes my world so much better. I haven't tried more reasonable numbers because I want 180 and it's an option, so I just keep being insane and trying the same thing over and over.

I have tried LCD Density changer. While it works, there are visual bugs (certain icons don't completely draw, other windows appear smaller than they do when I use the native Liberty LCD density editor).

In the end, whether I can hack the LCD change using another app or not, it's still a bug with Liberty GB V0.8.

Thanks for the input!

Dullawolf

Reaction score
Has alot of bugs been fixed where it is safe for me to install v0.8 again? biggest thing i am worried about i guess is the social networking app. Is it working for anyone? And is there any thing from LC that I should avoid, for example the blur home? I was fixing to use adw anyways.

DroiDon

Reaction score
I am not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've lost mostly everything. I upgraded to v0.8 from v0.6. I wiped data/cache and made a backup before installing.

I was able to install only a few apps from the market. All my purchased apps cannot be found. I definitely authenticated with my correct gmail account.. I only have one, and I have contact sync so its fine. I figured I did something wrong, and maybe I needed to flash back to 6, rewipe and reinstall. Here's where I've ran into a much bigger problem.

I installed bootstrap from liberty rom. The phone rebooted right back to the lock screen. I installed my Droid X bootstrapper file off my SD card, like I've done a billion times. I bootstrapped and rebooted into recovery, and I get nothing. Just a black screen. Button presses do nothing. I have to battery pull.

I figure maybe there is something wrong with Bootstrap. So I try to get into recovery the manual way , and I get the same black screen. I tried installing clockwork mod and installing recovery there also, Its like I've lost bootstrap and system recovery. I don't get the android with the exclamation point, I get nothing and have to pull the battery.

I haven't had trouble with any other version of Gingerbread, or any other rom I've ever put on. Any suggestions? Any possibility of me going back to 0.6 without an SBF?

dazedy

Reaction score
I have no data connection, I believe. I cannot access the internet (any internet app). I can receive and send text and calls. This had happened to me on liberty GB 0.6, but the kernel update fixed it for me. I'm not sure what to do. I have tried SBFing back to Froyo and starting all over again. I was in rooted stock GB and everything was working fine. From there, I installed 0.8 and I lost my data connection again. This is the only bug I have ever had that is annoying me with liberty. Any suggestions?

jlavallee25

Reaction score
Has alot of bugs been fixed where it is safe for me to install v0.8 again? biggest thing i am worried about i guess is the social networking app. Is it working for anyone? And is there any thing from LC that I should avoid, for example the blur home? I was fixing to use adw anyways.

I cant seem to get the social networking app widget to work the app itself is working but i really liked the widget