[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

sabroso

Reaction score
a couple more Bugs (DroidX GB deodexed and then LB v0.8 first install)

First, great work for Team Liberty, nice to have constantly improving there work.

Personally I choose install later/ add to queue (forget the exact wording) boot into clockwork recovery>wipe data/factory reset>clear cache>install zip from sd card> navigate to liberty folder>nightlies>choose liberty version>install>reboot>reinstall d2 bootstrap>reboot clockwork recovery>clear cache>backup and restore>advanced restore>choose backup (noticed only .596 backups work for me)>restore data and finally I use titanium to restore apps...seems like alot but its saves me alot of time and headaches. As usual make a backup prior just in case, hope it helped
Thanks, I will try that if I can resolve my problem before. Hope that works too.
My First Liberty rom in my DroidX is V0.8 and of course I had wipe data/reset factory before install this ROM.

Another Bugs (Jun/13 LGB v0.8 at DroidX):

1.- "Blur calendar Widget" doesn't work (it doesn't apper in the screen when you enable it)
2.- No-Blur calendar (AOSP) doesn't work.
4.- As Liberty v0.8 is my first Liberty rom I don't know previous one but Battery ICON with white letter is hard to read, maybe Black letter with a background for the icon as it draw down can be easier to read (just a suggestion).
5.- try to reinstall from the toolbox PRO the "bootstrap recovery", download was successful but install result in an immediately appear of the "boot animation", so I guessing install failed.

Thanks in advance,
Sabr0s0 :wink:

Last edited:

rearview

Reaction score
Just wiped again and had to go back to rooted GB.. My 3G is back now.. Is anyone else having this issue with 3G??

oneunder311

Reaction score
Just wiped again and had to go back to rooted GB.. My 3G is back now.. Is anyone else having this issue with 3G??

I have had similar problems with mine. I'll not look at my phone for a while then turn it on and have it showing no service in an area (my house) where I always have close to full bars. Usually to fix it I just turn on Airplane mode then turn it off and it comes back but I am a little worried about missing someone trying to get a hold of me.

This is the only real problem I have had with .8, everything else has been great.

rearview

Reaction score

I have had similar problems with mine. I'll not look at my phone for a while then turn it on and have it showing no service in an area (my house) where I always have close to full bars. Usually to fix it I just turn on Airplane mode then turn it off and it comes back but I am a little worried about missing someone trying to get a hold of me.

This is the only real problem I have had with .8, everything else has been great.

Ive tried that.. I don't lose phone signal.. just 3G

chris92685

Reaction score
Market problem

The only problem that I am having on this version is that the themed market that I have alwayse used on all other liberty roms will not work. I have never had this problem before on liberty rom. The link to the market downloads is [APP]::02-05-11::NEW Themed Market 2.3.6:::All versions added:: - xda-developers. I don’t know why it will not work. I have tried everything to fix it with no luck. Otherwise I have not had a single problem with liberty v8. If this could be looked into I would greatly appreciate it. O and the color I was using was the Neon Blue version a direct multiupload link is Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

thanks

chefb

Reaction score
Has any one followed the directions and had a problem?...ie : been on liberty 07,wiped,and installed with no bells and added bs?m

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I took the dive again and installed Lib.08. Got everything the way I liked it and noticed that I didn't have D2 bootstrap on so I loaded the app. I rebooted (multiple times and cleared cache) and now I have no service!!!!!!
When I pull the pull down bar down it just flies right back up. I go into to my setting to turn on my 3g service and the option is greyed out.. I have not clue what I did, but this is really annoying. Sad thing is I was just about to make a back up but wasn't totally set up yet.

I can't get into about phone either, it just bounces right back out. I'm seeing this a lot in a few things now????

PS, I chose whipe date/cache when installing this.
Also, do I need both liberty free and paid installed or just the paid one if you paid?

You only need the donate ver.
Personally, i would wipe data and re flash. That should take care of a huge chunk of your bugs

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-DroidForums addict

tstahovi

Reaction score
I have to pay for all the apps I already bought... anyway I can get apps back?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

hillmom

Reaction score
I did another wipe (x5), reinstalled v.08, deleted the customer and reinstalled it. However, Facebook authenticater still won't install. Other than that it is running great!

Log sent...

Last edited:
OP
Koveleski

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I have to pay for all the apps I already bought... anyway I can get apps back?

Whatever google account you used to purchase the apps the first time, that HAS to be the first google account signed into the phone.

The market doesn't recognize you by phone, but by your google account.

sabroso

Reaction score
Issue with BLUR launcher-home, I end with Black Screen (empty)!!!!

First, great work for Team Liberty, nice to have constantly improving there work.

Ok This is my First Liberty ROM in my DroidX (it is V0.8) and of course I had wipe data/reset factory before install this ROM.
I bought the toolbox PRO and installed it via nightly downloads (June/13/2011).

Bugs (Jun/13 LGB v0.8 at DroidX):
By the way, the automatic install of v0.8 failed because after choosed "install now" and "wipe data" the reboot doesn't enter to "CWR", even after I retry reinstalling "D2 bootstraper" which guess doesn't install too.
So have to enter manually to "CWR" vía "D2 boorstraper recovery" wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalkin and then install zip from "liberty/nightly" folder.

(This is something that the developer said can be working not so well)
I know there are new Launcher in Liberty but I just try to use the blur one.
SO I go to customized and choose the Blur launcher.
I enable some BLUR things as calendar, disable boot animation then I loose functionality.

So my real ISSUE (PROBLEM) is:
After reboot I have an empty Launcher, no Home screen, no icons, just a Black screen. Also "home button" does nothing, and "menu button" too.
Emails and TEXT appear in the notification bar so I can access them, but I can't access anything else.
After 4 reboot I get here to write this,
so while writing this I make one more boot but now
appear the yellow arm and then appear the locked screen for slide to unlock. After unlock it appear the Notification BAR, the black screen but over the black screen still appear the "Boot animation" and still can't access to nothing.
I had make some more reboot but always get the endless "Boot animation" over "Blur Launcher-home blank/empty (no home screen icons, just nada)".

SOLUTION: Enter "CWR" and "wipe data/resert factory" and reinstall Liberty v0.8.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

MaDxCrEaM

Reaction score
Everything seems to be ok for me coming from .7. Did data/cache wipe.

Only problem I had was with getting google music to sync. I uninstalled/reinstalled and didn't work. Then I went to Liberty Toolbox, did the block ads, then unblock ads and then it seemed to start syncing after that.

Sweettreat

Reaction score
Koveleski: what is the word with the sync icon some of us have stick in the notification bar?

DX on LGBv.8

joeonetime

Reaction score
Lost 3g Wifi Hotspot (mynet)

When I installed v0.8 over 0.7 (full wipe and everything), mynet seems to have disappeared. Am trying to get it back, but it doesn't seem to be available through Liberty Toolbox (apparently this was the case with older versions). Have been searching for a while to find the file to reinstall it, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas that may help?

Thanks in advance.

DoomSabbath

Reaction score

Ok This is my First Liberty ROM in my DroidX (it is V0.8) and of course I had wipe data/reset factory before install this ROM.
I bought the toolbox PRO and installed it via nightly downloads (June/13/2011).

By the way, the automatic install of v0.8 failed because after choosed "install now" and "wipe data" the reboot doesn't enter to bootstrap recovery, even after I retry after reinstalling "D2 bootstraper" which guess doesn't install too.
So have to enter manually to "D2 boorstraper recovery" wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalkin and then install zip from "liberty/nightly" folder.

Everythings goes ok until I start to try customizer enable some BLUR things as calendar, disable boot animation and enable "BLUR launcher-home" then I loose functionality.

So my real ISSUE (PROBLEM) is:
I know there are new Launcher in Liberty but I just try to use the blur one.
SO I go to customized and choose the Blur launcher.
After reboot I have an empty Launcher, no Home screen, no icons, just a Black screen. Also "home button" does nothing, and "menu button" too.
Emails and TEXT appear in the notification bar so I can access them, but I can't access anything else.
After 4 reboot I get here to write this,
so while writing this I make one more boot but now
appear the yellow arm and then appear the locked screen for slide to unlock. After unlock it appear the Notification BAR, the black screen but over the black screen still appear the "android letter boot animation" and still can't access to nothing.
I know how to get to bootstrapping recovery but there is no other way to reset Liberty customized option than "wipe data/resert factory" and reinstall Liberty v0.8?????

Update: I had make some more reboot but always get the endless "android letter boot animation" over "Blur Launcher-home blank/empty (no home screen icons, just nada)".

Thanks in advance

First of all, do you have a D2 or a DX? If you have a D2, probably a good idea to go to the D2 Forum for help. If you do have a DX, I would suggest deleting the downloaded .8 zip file, and re-download then re-install V.8, make sure you wipe as well.