[UPDATE]Motorola Olympus shows up on camera....again.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
We can only pray for an unlocked bootloader....

I'm afraid that unlocked bootloaders may be things of the past. Motorola seems to have developed an ATTITUDE about rooting and custom roms that borders on plain *nasty*. I don't really understand what difference it makes to them, what we do with our phones, but they seem to take offense at the customization done to the Droid 1, and proceeded to lay landmines all over the Droid X; hence, the locked and ENCRYPTED bootloader.

-Mike

2005CTS

Reaction score
Yeah but you have to remember that the software wasn't optimized for dual core. Once the software has been optimized for it, I'm sure it'll be much faster. Apparently that's the reason the Nexus S had to be delayed. Gingerbread needed to be reworked for dual core. Last minute decision to upgrade to a dual core processor made them have to do the change.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I hope this is true. Because the new dual core phones should be screaming fast...and had better blow the doors off the iPhone4.

creaky

Reaction score
Yeah but you have to remember that the software wasn't optimized for dual core. Once the software has been optimized for it, I'm sure it'll be much faster. Apparently that's the reason the Nexus S had to be delayed. Gingerbread needed to be reworked for dual core. Last minute decision to upgrade to a dual core processor made them have to do the change.

Thanks for the info -- I didn't know that. So much to look forward to in 2011....

pierced_droid

Reaction score
Staged!!!!!!

Take notice in the pics that you see a Security Camera on the roof LoL...

Wadman

Reaction score
I was messing around and found this...don't know if it's been posted or not...

AT&T: The Motorola Olympus will launch in December or January. Whoops, we didn’t mean to say that.
by Greg Kumparak on November 29, 2010

Blur-Motorola.jpg

Well, look at that! AT&T was nice enough to share on Facebook that their upcoming Tegra2-powered Android monster, the Motorola Olympus, would be launching in either December or January — an especially kind act, given that the Motorola Olympus totally hasn’t been announced yet.
The response was pulled from the page almost immediately, presumably after someone got one helluva shouting at.
[Via BGR]

UNC

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can say they like it.... That UI looks beyond horrendous!!! Even Samsung has a better looking UI, even with all of its soft colours!!!

None of us have held this phone, so the performance is not known.... The Galaxy S's could be faster.....

So please, lets not annoint this locked down device just yet.

You're right the Galaxy S's could be faster....pshhh yeah right. Dual core tegra 2 man, get real. On the other hand, I agree that the UI sucks.

I don't mean in clock speed, I mean in actual processing power. The Hummingbird 1ghz is the best processor right now, and for 3d rendering will probably REMAIN the best for quite awhile.

This was number 1 on my list, but now I think I'll just wait an extra month or two for the vPhone 5. Anything released in Mar-Apr-May will most likely be overlooked and overlapped by the June release of another "iDevice".

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Love the looks of this phone. Unfortunately I cannot upgrade until next november, by then a better one will be out

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I don't mean in clock speed, I mean in actual processing power. The Hummingbird 1ghz is the best processor right now, and for 3d rendering will probably REMAIN the best for quite awhile.

Thats what I was talking about, so once again, I'd have to disagree. Tegra 2 will have much more power than the Hummingbird. The Orion on the other hand may have a little more power than the Tegra 2. Do a little research before you state that a last gen processor will be able to beat these new ones. If the tegra is going to be able to keep up with the Orion which has 5x the power of the Hummingbird then I dare say the Tegra 2 will crush the Hummingbird in performance. Nvidia is no newbie when it comes to rendering 3d.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

jay speaks many truths here.

I just posted in another thread (Quad-Core in News section) that people may not be aware that Gingerbread will be optimized for the Dual-Core Tegra 2. The CEO of Nvidia has already commented on that. So these early videos of the LG Star are in no way an accurate portrayal of the Tegra 2 capabilities. The Star is running on 2.2 in those videos.

Samsungs Orion will be Nvidia's biggest challenger in these processor wars. These 2 are the heavy weights. Everyone else will be playing catch up.

Handsets running the Orion or the Tegra will be the creme de la creme of Android devices.

2005CTS

Reaction score

I just posted in another thread (Quad-Core in News section) that people may not be aware that Gingerbread will be optimized for the Dual-Core Tegra 2. The CEO of Nvidia has already commented on that. So these early videos of the LG Star are in no way an accurate portrayal of the Tegra 2 capabilities. The Star is running on 2.2 in those videos.

Samsungs Orion will be Nvidia's biggest challenger in these processor wars. These 2 are the heavy weights. Everyone else will be playing catch up.

Handsets running the Orion or the Tegra will be the creme de la creme of Android devices.

Is it the Orion chip that the DINC HD is rumored to be using?

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Is it the Orion chip that the DINC HD is rumored to be using?

Nope Samsung So far is using the Chip..

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
We can only pray for an unlocked bootloader....

I'm afraid that unlocked bootloaders may be things of the past. Motorola seems to have developed an ATTITUDE about rooting and custom roms that borders on plain *nasty*. I don't really understand what difference it makes to them, what we do with our phones, but they seem to take offense at the customization done to the Droid 1, and proceeded to lay landmines all over the Droid X; hence, the locked and ENCRYPTED bootloader.

-Mike

they are probably jealous they couldnt have done as good of a job developing a rom like the developers here

and on a side note did anyone notice this pic of the phone has a sense like preview of the screens im not sure if that is in blur but i thought i would point that out its kinda hard to see

andrew53517

Reaction score
I've read from people that the Incredible HD had a Tegra 2 chip inside of it. Take it for what it's worth...