Motorola Olympus aka "Terminator" Spotted!

reefsrt4

Reaction score
Well for everyone that wants to think that they get an early upgrade because of a new phone is not right. The only thing that VZW does is that it willl upgrade you a month early nothing earlier than that. So lets Say My upgrade is Dec. 28 they will more likely do it for me if I went in there and told them my situation and this is coming from a VZW rep. They will not let you upgrade 2 + months in advanced so sorry facts are not correct

Well that's an interesting thought there. Verizon emailed me and told me I can upgrade now at the discounted price. I'm still oficiialy 9 months away from my two year contract completion!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That is true. I do recall that now. But I doubt they would do that again...but what do I know.

I'm hanging on to what may or may not be a long shot that VZW will hand-out upgrades in bunches to push their new LTE network. If the IPhone does come, the existing 3G network will be quickly stressed with millions of switchers from AT&T. So while VZW subsidizes these phones to the tune of about 12 months to recover that investment (on data), it will be offset with new subscribers for the IPhone and almost force their hand to continue to claim the best service. I have 10-12 months to go for my NE2 and as much as I want one of these new phones there's just no way I'm paying $600 retail or more.

Even without the IPhone I still think VZW is going to want to show a strong and fast growing LTE user base. If they were to charge, say, $10 extra per month that would help offset a large part of the extra subsidy for early upgrades. Even without the extra $10 VZW doesn't want to come into that 1st earnings report with disappointing LTE user bases

Reaction score
I'm suprised not more has been made of this.

Display Subsystem
True dual-display support
Maximum display resolutions supported:
1080p (1920x1080) HDMI 1.3
WSXGA+ (1680x1050) LCD
UXGA (1600x1200) CRT
NTSC/PAL TV output

for someone like me who has a sling box and wants to stream hd to my phone and then to the tv in my hotel room or where ever i am around the world this is huge. I know there was an ap awhile back that could do this but it was later taking down. This TRUE DUAL display is just what I am looking for.

Doesn't slingbox only work to your phone? I'm pretty sure it can't be output over HDMI, but I may be wrong. Not sure if rooting even helps - it may be a built-in hardware limitation to meet the requirements of the HDMI implementation contract. DLNA may be able to do it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it will work. That is the whole point of dual video output. I understand what you are saying though, only one way to find out. I'm sure you could hack it but i'm no where near as with it as most of the guys on this forum are. hell I still have a flip phone. Once I figure out what 4g can and can't do I'll figure it out.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Here's something to chew on. The Motorola Solana : ) slider version. Not sure what the specs are. Dual Core? More than likely yes.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

motoltwo.jpg

motolfour.jpg

SethE

Reaction score
Well for everyone that wants to think that they get an early upgrade because of a new phone is not right. The only thing that VZW does is that it willl upgrade you a month early nothing earlier than that. So lets Say My upgrade is Dec. 28 they will more likely do it for me if I went in there and told them my situation and this is coming from a VZW rep. They will not let you upgrade 2 + months in advanced so sorry facts are not correct

I've been with Verizon for, at least 5 years, and have never completed a 2 year contract. If you're willing to sign a new contract and to maybe fight a bit, you can get an upgrade. But, you don't get the additional $50 discount that you would if you do wait the 2 years. I think my shortest contract was around 1 year...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've been with Verizon for, at least 5 years, and have never completed a 2 year contract. If you're willing to sign a new contract and to maybe fight a bit, you can get an upgrade. But, you don't get the additional $50 discount that you would if you do wait the 2 years. I think my shortest contract was around 1 year...

Yep. I've always done the same. If you have a smartphone plan over a certain amount (It used to be $49.99), you're eligible for an upgrade after 1 year at new contract pricing if you sign up for another 2 year contract. There really shouldn't be any fighting from the reps as it's part of what Verizon offers. I always do it online and there's no problem. You forfeit your new every two discount, but I don't mind losing that to have the latest and greatest every year.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Updated OP with new pics (links)