Motorola Olympus aka "Terminator" Spotted!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
interested to see where we go....A year ago we was just hoping android get enough exposure where major devs want to jump in. Android has taken off fast and i am liking how different companies are putting their spin on android. I know some hate motoblur, sense, and any thing but plain vanilla android. But the exposure and where we are going with android is good. Open source is pushing the envelope. Hackers are showing what can be done with android. I wish motorola would just back off the rooting community but at the same time we need to ensure we do our part by respecting motorola's property and not copying their software.And we are seeing that with the droid 2 with AOSP based roms. I think android will continue to grow and where we go from the droid 1 will be interesting. Will there ever be another great hacking phone like the droid 1. And will the newer phones that are promised to be so great be locked down. As we come upon another year of android, and reflect back a year ago when the big talk was dolphin browser pinch to zoom, possible root, and the directv nfl mobile app, I continue to look forward to the development of android. Heck the Droid 3 has got to be a great phone ;) .

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
PC your post made me think of the days when pinch to zoom was the word of the day lol. People couldn't live without it. How far we've come.

Once the front facing camera gets pushed out of the way what will be next thing people must have : ) the remote car starting capabilities?

Sent from my Droid

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
J
interested to see where we go....A year ago we was just hoping android get enough exposure where major devs want to jump in. Android has taken off fast and i am liking how different companies are putting their spin on android. I know some hate motoblur, sense, and any thing but plain vanilla android. But the exposure and where we are going with android is good. Open source is pushing the envelope. Hackers are showing what can be done with android. I wish motorola would just back off the rooting community but at the same time we need to ensure we do our part by respecting motorola's property and not copying their software.And we are seeing that with the droid 2 with AOSP based roms. I think android will continue to grow and where we go from the droid 1 will be interesting. Will there ever be another great hacking phone like the droid 1. And will the newer phones that are promised to be so great be locked down. As we come upon another year of android, and reflect back a year ago when the big talk was dolphin browser pinch to zoom, possible root, and the directv nfl mobile app, I continue to look forward to the development of android. Heck the Droid 3 has got to be a great phone ;) .

Great post. Android has come a long way and who knows exactly what the future has in store! I really want a phone with this new processor so hopefully this phone will be shown off at ces or something

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Awesome post!!! Looking forward to what android has coming next!!!!

BlackOpsChino91

Reaction score
So is this right, the terminator and etna are the same phone, just etna is for vzw and the terminator is the att version?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So is this right, the terminator and etna are the same phone, just etna is for vzw and the terminator is the att version?

The Olympia is going to be the AT&T version of the T2/terminator and the Etna is the Verizon verson of the T2/terminator. T2/terminator is just the code name for the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

Olympus is the Name for the AT&T Version of the Phone and Etna is the Name for The Verizon version of the phone.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Ok, So I'll be waiting for VZ to get the "Etna" By the time VZ gets it I guess we will have some feed back on just how good it is from the AT&T users

chris420o

Reaction score
this will be my upgrade...i will miss my phsyical keyboard...especially for text fights with my ex gfs when i type quick long texts after another in anger...but i will do without for this beast...perfect balance in size i feel and the features are what im looking for...and i have to stick with moto for i feel every phone i have played with motos droid lineup as felt the most solid n best build quality...sence is nice and the widgets are nice but i do like the more vanilla android feel...not that moto has kept this but its still more so then i feel htc or other devices....plus how can i not be able to say i have a droid? and not just an android phone lol...hopefully this will be the droid etna and it will be a beast and shatter iphones n bbs alike...i will miss the physical bc i felt it was one of the original droids best selling points but i cant wait longer then feb for a new phone lol

shdowman

Reaction score
I have to agree with C.K....I was drooling over the IncHD and watching the countless thread,s but after seeing the specs on the Etna, I have to say the Etna looks better to me. For all we know the name Etna could be changed by march and it may be caledl the Droid X2 by springtime. ; )
Incredible HD won't be able to hold a candle to the Etna in performance. Nvidias Tegra 2 will be a monster

The Snapdragon name was nothing more than a clever marketing ploy.

Some reading for those interested in seeing how the current processors match up. Notice how well the lowly 550MHZ TI OMAP holds it's own against the 1GHZ Snapdragon. The old saying that clock speed is meaningless certainly holds true.

Part 1
Part 2

Clock speed is just as important as megapixels. Its all bigger numbers for the uninformed masses. Was trying to explain how my processor in my fascinate is faster than my co-worker's DInc. He wasn't grasping it...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

corman324

Reaction score
okay call me stupid, but is this only gonna be available for LTE or is it gonna be usable on verizon's 3G network as well? i refuse to get LTE while it has tiered pricing (ridiculous). i hear front facing cameras are rendered pretty much useless in 3G, so i have to ask because i really want this (etna)

Sniper_5

Reaction score
It will work on all data networks offered by Verizon. 1X, 3G, 4G, and wifi.

Sent from my D1 on UD2.1 @ 1Ghz

bug_monster

Reaction score
It will work on all data networks offered by Verizon. 1X, 3G, 4G, and wifi.

Sent from my D1 on UD2.1 @ 1Ghz

It will work on all VZW networks, but the question is, will they let you pay for and use only 3G if you so desire. If they follow Sprint's lead, they won't. This also assumes VZW Will charge extra for 4G. I'll be stunned if they don't.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
hmmmm i guess ill have to save money for this or sell my ps3 and xbox 360 lol, now im wondering if its going to have live camera calling...other than that seems like a great phone and i know the devs are ready to get there hands on it lol...