Behold the Motorola Atrix 4G

pippi

Reaction score
I think it should move to a 8mp camera or higher. Atleast meet or excede the DX capabilities. Love android OS but kinda disappointed in the camera or maybe the material of the cover over the lense.
I don't know if a tiny phone lens is going to pick up enough detail to use 5 MP effectively, though.

If your monitor is 1920x1080, your wallpaper is 2 megapixels. If you had a resolution of 2560x1600 (like on a 32"+ display), you'd have a resolution of 4 megapixels. I think that once you start getting into poster-sized photos (5MP+), the quality isn't going to get much better out of a teeny phone lens.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont think we know if the Bionic's bootloader is unlocked yet....unless you know something we dont...

If you do please tell....lol

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Atrix Trailer Video with the Car Dock

Here is another Video with the Car Dock!!!

[video=youtube;D4gpOQDcn7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4gpOQDcn7c[/video]

Last edited:

rybnik

Reaction score

YouTube - Smarter docks for MOTOROLA ATRIX

I know you asked this in another thread. but see you yourself are providing the proof for why the Atrix is FAR superior to the Bionic..If the Bionic had these abilities built in, I would get it in a heartbeat...This is what a superphone really is. Now, if you were to tell me that the Atrix exclusivitiy is timed...well then there is no way I'm getting the Bionic. I will wait for the Atrix.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I think it should move to a 8mp camera or higher. Atleast meet or excede the DX capabilities. Love android OS but kinda disappointed in the camera or maybe the material of the cover over the lense.
I don't know if a tiny phone lens is going to pick up enough detail to use 5 MP effectively, though.

If your monitor is 1920x1080, your wallpaper is 2 megapixels. If you had a resolution of 2560x1600 (like on a 32"+ display), you'd have a resolution of 4 megapixels. I think that once you start getting into poster-sized photos (5MP+), the quality isn't going to get much better out of a teeny phone lens.

100% correct. The lens quality and density of the sensor is why my old 1.3 MP Olympus with a high quality lens and a relatively big CCD takes better photos than any 5 MP or 8 MP phone camera. More and more megapixels in both cameras (except high end DSLRs) and phones is just a marketing ploy to sell people who only think of basic numbers instead of the entire camera system. The resolution of these tiny lens is less than the resolution of the CCD. A high number of elements on a tiny sensor just results in noise and not better photo quality. The 2 MP camera in my old LG enV takes better photos than the one in my 5 MP Droid. It's too bad that marketing has total control over engineering in matters like this.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

I know you asked this in another thread. but see you yourself are providing the proof for why the Atrix is FAR superior to the Bionic..If the Bionic had these abilities built in, I would get it in a heartbeat...This is what a superphone really is. Now, if you were to tell me that the Atrix exclusivitiy is timed...well then there is no way I'm getting the Bionic. I will wait for the Atrix.

I remember seeing a clip or reading somewhere the Bionic can use Smarter docks too. The Bionic just wont have the laptop dock, 1GB Ram and Webtop software.

Thats if what I remember is correct....

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

The Bionic is going to have the same thing The car Dock and the HDMI Docking Station... 1g of Ram doesn't make the Atrix better. We still have not seen the real quadrants scores for the Bionic because it has not be run with the Dual Core Dialed up with it. I do not need the Notebook dock.. I have a new laptop and I am thinking about purchasing the Motorola Xoom.

In my opinion the Atrix is good but it is the same as the Bionic. What puts the Bionic over is that it is on Verizon an much better network then AT&T.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the Atrix is good but it is the same as the Bionic. What puts the Bionic over is that it is on Verizon an much better network then AT&T.

Yep. Bionic being on VZW LTE makes it the better phone. The HDMI dock I'm sure will suffice. All you really get with the Atrix lapdock or whatever your want to call it is a full Firefox browser.

And really, with wireless tether you have a better thing hotspotting for a laptop or tablet. Assuming LTE has caps, a full Firefox browser just burns that much more data. Would be interesting how AT&T handles this, because basically people will be paying a flat fee ($150-$200) for what amounts to a tethering option, and you can understand why VZW might pass on such a thing.

MatUK.8

Reaction score
I hear February 13th is the release date for the Inspire. Could it be the same for the Atrix? I will probably go for the HTC because I won't buy the all the docks for the Atrix.

loki993

Reaction score
Dont know why they say thee phones are the "same" theyre not. The Atrix has a 4 inch screen and the Bionic had a 4.3 inch screen. May not seem like a big deal to some, but its a big deal, at least to me.

Has it been confirmed yet that the Atrix is going to be ATT only?