Motorola Atrix Heading to Verizon Q4 2011

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about non-LTE phones, and it seems LTE is a bit of a challenge for the mfrs. So in that regard I don't really see what all the fuss is about. TBolt is a pretty good phone and certainly with LTE it's as good or better than what the other carriers have.

I like that the Atrix is dual core and has some decent ram (maybe, if it isn't half dedicated to Webtop). Qhd and hdmi out are a plus. Aside from that, I don't get what makes the Atrix so special.

Especially since the Targa is supposedly going to be released sometime in Q3, which is before the rumored Atrix release date. I'm thinking the Atrix isn't coming to big red, unless they push the date up to like a couple weeks from now. No one will buy the Atrix if the Targa is already out.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
No one in our knowledgable group would buy it, but 98% of those out there are lemmings, show them flash and all and they will sell some of them.

As to LTE, which isn't true 4G anyways, not even going to be in my area until end of year, I'm not going to grab a new phone until it is here. I'm not purchasing on a promise.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Atrix isn't coming to big red

I'll be surprised if it does. For starters, I don't think VZW has much interest in top-tier 3G only devices. Second, I have my suspicions that the webtop with HDMI out poses some problems with VZW. VZW has unlimited data while AT&T does not, so unless VZW has a way to monitor/block the webtop hdmi out it would be the same basic thing as tethering, which they will probably be cracking down on.

Now, if you start putting rumors together, such as VZW going to tiered plans sometime in Q3/Q4 (earlier VZW had said late summer), then a possible Atrix release AFTER they go to tiered plans might make sense.