Motorola Atrix Heading to Verizon Q4 2011

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-atrix.png

If your like me, then you have been itching for all of these new android phones we saw at CES to finally start hitting the stores. On the top of my list is the Motorola Atrix, one of the first dual core CPU smartphones to launch this year. While this device is definitely in the running for top spot on the Android phone list, it has one minor problem for us users of Verizon. The Atrix was suppose to be an AT&T exclusive. However today we were tipped off that this device is heading to the Big Red network Q4 of 2011. For those that don't follow AT&T android phones, here's a quick look at the specs of this bad boy:

• Display: 4.0" QHD with 24-bit color graphics
  • Camera: 5 MP autofocus with LED flash and VGA front-facing camera
  • Processor: nVidia Tegra dual-core 1 Ghz processor
  • Memory: 1GB Ram and up to 48GB Storage (16gb Internal, 32GB External)
  • Dimensions: 2.5 × 4.6 × 0.4 inches
  • Weight: 4.8 ounces
  • Battery: 1930 mAh lithium cell
  • Bluetooth: Version 2.1+EDR with stereo
  • Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n and unlimited usage on AT&T's entire national Wi-Fi network†
  • Talk time: Up to 9 hours
  • Standby Time: Up to 10.4 days

Still rumor at this time, but we'll continue to dig for details..

chained22

Reaction score
this is just making more complicated, isnt verizon suppose to get the bionic in q2 or 3, why get almost the same thing in q4?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea it doesnt make sense. They are too similar. I got a feeling the Bionic is gonna get scratched for this. In other words...the Bionic will be the Verizon version of the Atrix, but this time it will the the exact same phone.

Especially if the Droid X2, Droid 3 come out in the next few months.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea it doesnt make sense.
completely agreed

Well I asked those questions recently and the reply I got is.... it's coming in q4 to VZW and that was directly from a VZW and Moto rep. Who had both devices in his pocket at that time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Haloman800

Reaction score
Miami, if both devices were out right now which would you pick?

Besides the Atrix having 1GB of RAM compared to the BIONIC's 512MB's, the only other differences is the BIONIC has an 8MP camera compared to the Atrix's 5MP, and the BIONIC has a 4.3' screen While the ATRIX has a 4.0' screen.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geez one more thing to add into the equation "what phone will replace my DROID?"

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
L

Besides the Atrix having 1GB of RAM compared to the BIONIC's 512MB's, the only other differences is the BIONIC has an 8MP camera compared to the Atrix's 5MP, and the BIONIC has a 4.3' screen While the ATRIX has a 4.0' screen.

I would. It the Atrix for the extra memeory and desktop mode capabilities. Still more to post today too.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

the difference in RAM isn't really a difference at all, since the extra 512 mb for the Atrix is devoted to the webtop app (at least that's my understanding). but therein lies the real difference - the Atrix has the webtop capability/feature, but the Bionic does not. it's a very cool feature, but i agree - it doesn't make much sense to launch 2 very similar phones (from the same manufacturer) within 6 months of each other.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i forgot - the Atrix also has the fingerprint reader power button security feature...

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Yea it doesnt make sense. They are too similar. I got a feeling the Bionic is gonna get scratched for this. In other words...the Bionic will be the Verizon version of the Atrix, but this time it will the the exact same phone.

I'm gonna be really blown if the Bionic gets scraped for the Verizon Atrix. I don't know how much longer I can use this laggy D1. The Bionic was definitely gonna be my replacement phone of choice.

2005CTS

Reaction score
Will Verizon add bing to this or will it be a Droid device?

Either way - I am not going to wait for it. AT&T here I come. Verizon's service really sucks here in San Antonio, TX with AT&T having nearly 3X the towers that Verizon has - with faster download speeds.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

the difference in RAM isn't really a difference at all, since the extra 512 mb for the Atrix is devoted to the webtop app (at least that's my understanding). but therein lies the real difference - the Atrix has the webtop capability/feature, but the Bionic does not. it's a very cool feature, but i agree - it doesn't make much sense to launch 2 very similar phones (from the same manufacturer) within 6 months of each other.

Three the iPhone ;)

i forgot - the Atrix also has the fingerprint reader power button security feature...

Man we'll be like James Bond!!!!!!!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm gonna be really blown if the Bionic gets scraped for the Verizon Atrix. I don't know how much longer I can use this laggy D1. The Bionic was definitely gonna be my replacement phone of choice.

I really happy with my Droid. It is snappy and allows me to swap roms and it very stable. I've been eligible for an upgrade since Oct but I'm not in any hurry to change.

Mike

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will Verizon add bing to this or will it be a Droid device?

Either way - I am not going to wait for it. AT&T here I come. Verizon's service really sucks here in San Antonio, TX with AT&T having nearly 3X the towers that Verizon has - with faster download speeds.

It will not be a droid for sure. They both will live on on VZW line up. I have been.considering.grabbing an.att version just to see how good it is