Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Got my Atrix on the 21st and have been loving it. I also got the Laptop dock, Vehicle Dock and Standard Charging dock. A few thoughts:

- AT&T's network: say what you will - but in San Antonio, TX it kills Verizon. My call quality is much better. I haven't dropped a call yet and am appreciating the number of towers that AT&T has in my area (26 to Verizon's 8) giving me superior coverage.
- The Phone - best mobile phone I have ever owned. Calls are crystal clear, the screen being 4" is perfect in size, performance with the dual core processor is fast and very responsive. I love it!!!
- The Laptop dock - at $300.00 it is expensive - but it is nice. I have used it for work already and have appreciated the thinness of it as well as the convenience of it being able to charge the phone without needing a plug. Over Wi-Fi there is little to no lag at all in the browsing experience. Over AT&T's network is slower than Wi-Fi obviously...but not nearly as bad as some of the reviews claimed. I like it and will keep it for work and pleasure purposes.
- The Standard Charging Dock - this is the one device I feel is over priced. For what it is - I think it is a bigger rip off than the laptop dock. That said - it has nice heft to it, and works great sitting on my ngihtstand as an alarm clock. Once they drop in price I will get a second one for the office.
- Vehicle Dock - this is the hidden gem of the Atrix Experience. It is the cheapest dock available and whith it comes a unique UI for use while driving. I love it. Also - the speaker phone is the best I have ever used. The sound comes through the stereo speakers and the mic picks up my voice very well. Overall great experience. The voice commands work well and are easy to use. One nice thing about this is that the USB cable that charges the device also has a 3.5mm headphone jack for integrating it into the car stereo - so there is just one cord coming down from the dash. Very clean and works great. If buying the Atrix on a budget I would get the phone and vehicle dock and call it a day.

By the way, the phone includes both the micro USB cable for the charger, but it also includes a high quality micro HDMI cable. Very impressive.

The only negative is that the AT&T screen protectors are anti-glare which diminish the overall look of the screen get them somewhere else if you don't like that anti glare look.

Overall - I give this phone 5 stars...and AT&T's network 4 stars. Once they have real 4G - I will give them 5 stars there as well.

If you are tired of waiting for the Bionic or mythical Thunderbolt - go pick up the Atrix ASAP. You won't regret it.

I went to AT&T yesterday and messed with the Atrix.. I liked it very much... The only thing negative I can say about it is.. It is on AT&T.. It was smooth and played well.. I messed with it for 5 Minutes.. I am going to mess with it some more tomorrow... It just made me want the Bionic even more!!!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You guys who bought the dock might want to checkout Wirefly. According to Engadget, AT&T terminated it's vendor relationship and Wirefly is having a firesale - $250 on contract for the Atrix BUNDLED WITH the laptop dock.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Yea, I saw that a few minutes ago. Since I might go to AT&T to see if I get better service, this deal is tempting.

But I dont need the laptop dock. Desktop dock, maybe. Or just get a 15ft HDMI cable and hope HDMI mirroring gets unlocked with root. Its disabled in the build.prop so there has to be an easy way to enable it.

If not.....gman, I hope you get an Atrix...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
But I dont need the laptop dock. Desktop dock, maybe. Or just get a 15ft HDMI cable and hope HDMI mirroring gets unlocked with root. Its disabled in the build.prop so there has to be an easy way to enable it.

For that price, if you do it you should do that $250 deal and then hock the dock on EBAY (has to be worth at least $200, right?). At least should pay for the other dock.

HDMI mirroring disabled? AT&T are sneaky bastards. I hope VZW doesn't do the same with Bionic, since if I'm thinking correctly it's basically free & legal tethering. Not to mention, if you start doing that streaming a bunch of Netflix and Slingbox recordings you can easily roll past 10gigs a month.

patfactorx

Reaction score
I got my phone from Letstalk.com and I like em

Get the $250 Atrix Laptop bef4 its too late!

tecnic1

Reaction score
I paid the etf to verizon and got one.

The AT&T network is a little flakey, but even with 2 bars I get 1.8 lb/s, when on verizon with 5 bars o got like .8.

And between doing away with early upgrades, 2 week returns, and inconsistent equipment releases, I saw no point in waiting anywhere from 2 to 4 months for a bionic with less ram on ltd, which I don't have.

Sent from my MB860 using DroidForums App

geoff5093

Reaction score
I went to the AT&T store and checked out the Atrix, it's a cool phone but after playing around with it briefly I really didn't feel like it was all that great. It was snappier then my D1, but other then that the looks of it don't stand out that much, and the experience of using the phone is pretty much identical to my D1.