Behold the Motorola Atrix 4G

pyro6128

Reaction score
I am on AT&T with the family plan. If my dad is the primary line and the one that pays the bills etc. can I purchase this phone with a 2-year contract without my dad (the primary) there? Or can only the primary sign a new 2-year contract? I will likely be in a different city when this comes out as I am in college. I am hoping to buy this with a 2 year contract and surprise him when I come home.

Most likely not, unless you are authorized to do so. Your father would have to make you an account administrator as well, since you would be extending the contract for all lines on the account. And you would only be able to get the promotional price if you are currently eligible for an upgrade/at a point where you can renew your contract. At least thats how it is with Verizon.

Devinclfalcons

Reaction score
I am on AT&T with the family plan. If my dad is the primary line and the one that pays the bills etc. can I purchase this phone with a 2-year contract without my dad (the primary) there? Or can only the primary sign a new 2-year contract? I will likely be in a different city when this comes out as I am in college. I am hoping to buy this with a 2 year contract and surprise him when I come home.

Most likely not, unless you are authorized to do so. Your father would have to make you an account administrator as well, since you would be extending the contract for all lines on the account. And you would only be able to get the promotional price if you are currently eligible for an upgrade/at a point where you can renew your contract. At least thats how it is with Verizon.

I'm not sure if it matters but I think there are 2 "primary lines" on our family plan. I need to check but I may be the other primary line along with my dad. I am eligible for an upgrade. Not sure if me being a "primary line" matters or not.

MatUK.8

Reaction score

I'm not sure if it matters but I think there are 2 "primary lines" on our family plan. I need to check but I may be the other primary line along with my dad. I am eligible for an upgrade. Not sure if me being a "primary line" matters or not.

He most likely needs to be there. We don't even know for sure when it comes out yet, so you just have to wait and see. My wife is still on her parents account and just to put the data plan on her use iphone her dad had to be there.

Big Ry

Reaction score
I used to be an AT&T salesman. You need to be 18 and an authorized user on the account to change anything or upgrade. Upgrading only extends your contact, no one elses. And you need photo ID obviously.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Big Ry

Reaction score
Oh and it doesn't matter if its a primary line or not, you still must be an authorized user on the account.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

brando56894

Reaction score
I didnt know about the fingerprint scanner until now, pretty cool idea. I'll have to wait until november to get a new phone though :(

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I didnt know about the fingerprint scanner until now, pretty cool idea. I'll have to wait until november to get a new phone though :(

Would a fingerprint scanner basically replace the lock code?

We need a GPS feature that enable the lockscreen when you leave a certain location. That way you can disable it at home because I imagine a fingerprint scanner takes a few seconds and that would be annoying every time you wake you phone. There were some apps to disable lockscreen but I think google killed them with Froyo.

Taken a step further, maybe I only want to enable the fingerprint security on certain apps or folders of my phone. That way you don't even need to use it for some of the more common features of your phone that pose no security risk.

Big Ry

Reaction score

We need a GPS feature that enable the lockscreen when you leave a certain location. That way you can disable it at home because I imagine a fingerprint scanner takes a few seconds and that would be annoying every time you wake you phone. There were some apps to disable lockscreen but I think google killed them with Froyo.

Taken a step further, maybe I only want to enable the fingerprint security on certain apps or folders of my phone. That way you don't even need to use it for some of the more common features of your phone that pose no security risk.
I highly doubt the fingerprint scanner is a forced function. Im sure it can be disabled just like the combo lock.

that'd be sweet to have it arm itself when you enter da hood though :ph34r:

MatUK.8

Reaction score
We need a flipping release date. I am looking at videos of this phone everyday, I can't wait to get it in my hands.

smokiedabong

Reaction score

I highly doubt the fingerprint scanner is a forced function. Im sure it can be disabled just like the combo lock.

that'd be sweet to have it arm itself when you enter da hood though :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure the fingerprint reader sucks big time . If you noticed it's barely mentioned anywhere on the manufacturer's website even though this is I think the first phone with this function . I also didn't see any CES presentation to demo this function , neither any reviews . I think they don't want to advertise this so there won't be any disappointment , Motorola has a history of advertising subpar features on their phones as being the best , only to disappoint