It's coming: The Motorola Olympus!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Tablet just refers to the form factor. In other words, no slideout keyboard, just a screen.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
We're assuming. It's a logical assumption, but it's still an assumption. Besides, remember the fact that this is all based on RUMOR!

Not saying it's not true, just that it is.

Aram58

Reaction score
By the time 2011 gets here we will be waiting for another big release in March for some other great smart phone. I'll never be up to date.

Second. that's why I hate technology. I'm always antsy waiting for something that isn't coming out for months.

ladodger1717

Reaction score
By the time 2011 gets here we will be waiting for another big release in March for some other great smart phone. I'll never be up to date.

Second. that's why I hate technology. I'm always antsy waiting for something that isn't coming out for months.

Very True!!!! I was like ohhhhhh the Droid X, sweet. Can't wait to get that. Now I am like ohhh the Olympus/T2, can't wait to get that. I am sure by January I will be wanting something else that is rumored to come out. I keep on waiting. Love my Droid 1, which is a major reason I have no problem waiting. But if this phone is going to support LTE, I am sold. I have been up for an upgrade for 2 months.

UNC

Reaction score
Lol, frankly I'm quite concerned about bat life on this beast, 2 1ghz A9s? and on TSMC's hopefully-mature 40nm node? Hopefully my fears will be allayed but all-day bat life is pretty important to me.

I just keep multiple batteries and charge them all at night. You might not want to do that but I'm not too worried about the battery life. I'll just switch em out lol. I'm pretty sure that it'll have at least decent life though. They probably wouldn't want to release a phone that you were always having to charge.

HTC did, its called the Incredible...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Isn't the Incredible said to have the worst battery life??

Lol, frankly I'm quite concerned about bat life on this beast, 2 1ghz A9s? and on TSMC's hopefully-mature 40nm node? Hopefully my fears will be allayed but all-day bat life is pretty important to me.

I just keep multiple batteries and charge them all at night. You might not want to do that but I'm not too worried about the battery life. I'll just switch em out lol. I'm pretty sure that it'll have at least decent life though. They probably wouldn't want to release a phone that you were always having to charge.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

UNC

Reaction score

Yes, it has the worst battery life. You said "...they probably wouldn't release a phone that you'd have to charge all day" and I answered with "HTC did, its called the Incredible". I really hate it, its getting sold back to Verizon for the vPhone. My Droid1 is far superior to my Dinc.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ahhhh! Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

Yes, it has the worst battery life. You said "...they probably wouldn't release a phone that you'd have to charge all day" and I answered with "HTC did, its called the Incredible". I really hate it, its getting sold back to Verizon for the vPhone. My Droid1 is far superior to my Dinc.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've seen extended batteries for the Inc for about $40. However, I agree that you shouldn't have to pay that kind of tariff for a phone less than a year old just to use it all day.

Hopefully this upcoming phone will come with a GOOD battery.

UNC

Reaction score
I've seen extended batteries for the Inc for about $40. However, I agree that you shouldn't have to pay that kind of tariff for a phone less than a year old just to use it all day.

Hopefully this upcoming phone will come with a GOOD battery.

I don't ever use the Incredible anymore. Battery is too much of an issue, I have the Inc as a backup only.

adjangs

Reaction score
From Twitter:
"@androidandme
Verizon just cancelled their CES presser on Jan. 5th and Motorola added a press event for that same night. I wonder what's going on..."

^This could be related to the VZW version of the olympus.
(T2, or Etna? not sure what it's name will be)