It's coming: The Motorola Olympus!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php
Well for those of you who have been following the Olympus aka T2, Terminator we have some good news and some bad news. For those of you already familiar with the bad news this comes as no surprise for the others you may want to sit down..........

The Olympus will be released on AT&T first. Yes, huge disappointment for those on VZW. So now that we got that out of the way the good news is that this phone will be one of the hottest devices out of Schaumburg, IL.

BGR's sources say it will be a 4″ tablet style Android device but use a display that is “beautiful,” and will “step it up in resolution.” The phone is also “powered by NVidia.”

BGR's source also promises it’s the finest Android handset to hit AT&T.

So there you have. The big Moto device exists and it's coming more than likely Q1 2011.

UPDATE: How quickly things roll in. I just got news that VZW customers WILL see a LTE global version of it. How do like them Apples errr I mean...............well you know.

UPDATE 2: This is rumor from Android and Me. "several tipsters have said it looks like a smaller version of the Droid X with the addition of a front-facing camera" "it will be powered by NVIDIA dual-core 1 GHz Tegra 2"

Source: BGR

Attachments

• motorola-logo1.jpg
    motorola-logo1.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 32,255

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Damn! AT&T such lousy service! What is the smartphone world coming to?????????

DKunch

Reaction score
This sucks... Why is Motorola gonna jump ship and release their superphone on AT&T first when their release of the Droid1 on VZW is what brought them back from the brink of mediocrity. Im really hoping that they will release a VZW version very shortly after the AT&T Release (but prolly wont happen lol)

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This sucks... Why is Motorola gonna jump ship and release their superphone on AT&T first
Because it's going to be an LTE device on VZW is why : )

Hang tight we'll get it and it will be worth the wait.

DKunch

Reaction score
Im glad i have it set up so i can get a new phone every 6 months if i wanted to... im thinking maybe get the DincHD for my upgrade to the D1 and that will hold me over til this phone comes to VZW

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
This sucks... Why is Motorola gonna jump ship and release their superphone on AT&T first when their release of the Droid1 on VZW is what brought them back from the brink of mediocrity. Im really hoping that they will release a VZW version very shortly after the AT&T Release (but prolly wont happen lol)

Can you say iPhone compensation :biggrin:

Bxrider117

Reaction score
They have to(Motorola) let AT&T release a high end Android phone because Verizon will be dropping the iPhone next year. Moto hooking up AT&T will hopefully keep some customer loyalty for them. When it drops for VZW it will be a hot world phone.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
What do they mean by 4" tablet style Android device? Did they throw in the word "tablet" because of the screen size? Does that make my Droid X a "tablet style" device? Not that it matters, but I'm curious why they chose that word if that language came from a press release.

DKunch

Reaction score
They have to(Motorola) let AT&T release a high end Android phone because Verizon will be dropping the iPhone next year. Moto hooking up AT&T will hopefully keep some customer loyalty for them. When it drops for VZW it will be a hot world phone.

That makes alot of sense didnt think about it like that... But i would much rather not have the Iphone on Vzw... I have an Ipod Touch that i used to love thought it was the best thing ever... Now after using the droid i cant stand using the Ipod Touch/Iphone... Def would rather have the Olympus over the Iphone

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Damn! AT&T such lousy service! What is the smartphone world coming to?????????

AT&T is actually amazing in my area. Its just as good as Verizon and their 3G speeds are just as fast too. I left AT&T for a DroidX simply because AT&T has no good Android phones. Frankly, I'm glad I switched. With so many iPhones on AT&T, the Android community is a lot smaller. With the majority of Android phones on Verizon, the community is WAY bigger and I think stuff will continue to happen on the Verizon Android phones much faster than AT&T phones.

Along with the much reduced data plans on AT&T, I think the phone may not do nearly as well as it will on Verizon when it gets here.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
What do they mean by 4" tablet style Android device? Did they throw in the word "tablet" because of the screen size? Does that make my Droid X a "tablet style" device? Not that it matters, but I'm curious why they chose that word if that language came from a press release.

It probably means that it won't have a physical keyboard.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Has absolutely nothing to do with the supposed iPhone rumors.

It's releasing on AT&T first because the VZW version is an LTE global device.

Spartan

Reaction score
That's fine. Actually makes my decision to go with the HTC Incredible HD even easier now. Now if Miami's release info holds true!