[UPDATE]Motorola Olympus shows up on camera....again.

Joebroni

Reaction score
So far we know the Olympus (model number MB860) is running Android 2.2; has a Tegra 2 chip; looks larger than the Defy; and is said to be heading to AT&T in January.

So is that just a misprint or are my dreams really crushed? The first post on this phone said Verizon/4G as well, but thats a pretty big typo to make if Gizmodo is wrong.

wmnomore

Reaction score
Supposedly this is going to be 4.1" which some of us believe is the "sweet spot" of phone sizes - and the vanilla notification bar in the pic makes me wonder ;)

NOT vanilla. Motoblur for sure. Shame.

creaky

Reaction score
So far we know the Olympus (model number MB860) is running Android 2.2; has a Tegra 2 chip; looks larger than the Defy; and is said to be heading to AT&T in January.
So is that just a misprint or are my dreams really crushed? The first post on this phone said Verizon/4G as well, but thats a pretty big typo to make if Gizmodo is wrong.

It is going to AT&T first and then to VZW as 4G. At least that is what's being said. I really hope VZW gets this thing sooner than later. Maybe a sweet valentine?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It will be coming to Verizon for sure. I will be purchasing this device as well...

I assume the timeline will be around January/February? Or are we expected to wait later?

February/March on Verizon.

Tp the vanilla notification bar is suppose to change to black with Gingerbread. Obviously this device is not running that.

Huskerkate I'm not entirely sure in internal storage on this device to be perfectly honest. I haven't heard or seen anything.

One thing that may interest you guys is that Nvidia has some Quad-Cores in the works. Never ends does it? Lol

Motorola is going to be my device of choice for years to come that's all I know at this point : )

Sent from my Droid

CharlieDog

Reaction score
I like it. A lot. I hope it comes to Verizon when I have some cash. I think I'll pass on the DX and wait for this one.

2005CTS

Reaction score
One thing I do like about the DX is the cool Car Dock function. The screen shots on this show the same feature. I will be getting this or the DINC HD - which ever comes out first. If VZW drags their feet on this and AT&T gets it before VZW has the DINC HD out...then I am going to leave VZW for AT&T.

Oh...and I like the form factor. The flush mount camera with no hump (DX) or protruding lens (DINC HD) is really nice. If it has the same build quality of the DX then it will have a really solid feel.

Can't wait to see it in person.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I want a keyboard... I guess I'll be leaning towards the new slider phone that is supposedly going to be released.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will be coming to Verizon for sure. I will be purchasing this device as well...

I assume the timeline will be around January/February? Or are we expected to wait later?

February/March on Verizon.

Tp the vanilla notification bar is suppose to change to black with Gingerbread. Obviously this device is not running that.

Huskerkate I'm not entirely sure in internal storage on this device to be perfectly honest. I haven't heard or seen anything.

One thing that may interest you guys is that Nvidia has some Quad-Cores in the works. Never ends does it? Lol

Motorola is going to be my device of choice for years to come that's all I know at this point : )

Sent from my Droid

I said I quit a few months ago...I think I'm still am....although for heat issues I havent gotten a quad core PC. Dual core does just fine for me. Although again the new Intel i series have changed my mind.....puts out less heat and has better performance....

UNC

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can say they like it.... That UI looks beyond horrendous!!! Even Samsung has a better looking UI, even with all of its soft colours!!!

None of us have held this phone, so the performance is not known.... The Galaxy S's could be faster.....

So please, lets not annoint this locked down device just yet.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can say they like it.... That UI looks beyond horrendous!!! Even Samsung has a better looking UI, even with all of its soft colours!!!

None of us have held this phone, so the performance is not known.... The Galaxy S's could be faster.....

You're right the Galaxy S's could be faster....pshhh yeah right. Dual core tegra 2 man, get real. On the other hand, I agree that the UI sucks.

creaky

Reaction score

You're right the Galaxy S's could be faster....pshhh yeah right. Dual core tegra 2 man, get real. On the other hand, I agree that the UI sucks.

That's what I'm thinking, too. However, looking at the Israeli video with the LG Star, the iPhone still beat it in rendering web pages. I realize there's a lot more to a phone's performance than its processor, and that I'm talking about the Star and not the Olympus/Etna. But still, it gives one pause....

2005CTS

Reaction score

That's what I'm thinking, too. However, looking at the Israeli video with the LG Star, the iPhone still beat it in rendering web pages. I realize there's a lot more to a phone's performance than its processor, and that I'm talking about the Star and not the Olympus/Etna. But still, it gives one pause....

I agree - the LG Star really didn't impress in terms of speed. The fact that an iPhone4 can render web pages faster than a T2 powered device is concerning.

Still don't know what the Motorola device can do. Although - it has a few things that the iPhone4 doesn't have...a larger screen and HDMI out. Both of those things are must haves for me.

That said...if the DINC HD ever comes out - I believe it has already been shown (in Desire HD form) to be faster at loading web pages than the iPhone4. So who knows. I know...that either phone would blow my Storm away...and that is what I am most interested in.

joker402

Reaction score
I hope it has a new screen tech or a higher resoultion. Now that samsung has 2 AMOLED factories running, can we have either AMOLED, SAMOLED, or 960x480 or higher.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah but you have to remember that the software wasn't optimized for dual core. Once the software has been optimized for it, I'm sure it'll be much faster. Apparently that's the reason the Nexus S had to be delayed. Gingerbread needed to be reworked for dual core. Last minute decision to upgrade to a dual core processor made them have to do the change.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk