[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

Discussion in 'Drod2169 - X' started by drod2169, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Droid74

Droid74 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another question...can you use any theme on either of these ROMs or does focused have to be a blurless theme?? Would the 928blackglass work on either of these?
    Thanks

2. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I for sure wouldn't recommend my Theme on the Blurless version, it may cause conflicts with all the hard work that the "crazy guy" drod2169 did to remove some of the BLur stuff. So IMHO that is a no go.

On the Blur version it should work fine without any real conflicts, It will however add back some of the market Drod2169 apps removed and also the Wallpapers will be back in the Blur Home app. Neither of these should cause any issues as long as you uninstall the Market versions you installed from the Market first.

Remember it's not like with have a Droid 1 with only 256mg of internal storage... we got the Big Dog X with 8 gigs of internal storage (although all of that is unfortunately not available to the system area)
    dancedroid

My Theme will also add back the stock Music app (Themed), but some may like that since it is tied into the Car Dock app and unless there is a secret I am not aware of yet, you loose Music functions in the Car Dock with other Music apps besides the original anyway.

All of the apks in my Theme are optimized also (and I mean that too :), well, with the exception of a few certain ones that I know cause issues when optimized, but most users don't notice those...at least for a while.

Now for clarity sake, only Drod2169 knows what all has been changed in his ROM, so I am not and do not mean to speak for him. Just giving the best guess I can from the changelog info and based on a "little" knowledge I have about the "928 Black Glass Theme" :) I am sure he can probably make a better guess since my current Themes are stock based only and the stock system is of a publicly known "configuration/format". So I defer to Drod2169 for the final word on this, plus it's his ROM, and his Thread too!

In a nutshell, I know I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try on Drod2169's Blur version, but certainly would NOT on the Blurless version.

3. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +775
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    Yes, you can. I am synced with my exchanger server right now.

4. mwm523

mwm523 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed the Blurry ROM, and configured it to sync with my Exchange account, but it doesn't seem to want to sync my Exchange contacts to the phone. My email and calendar came over but not my contacts.

5. millbean

millbean Member

Ratings:
    +0
    voice search not working on blurry

6. Droidfan1

Droidfan1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it wont let me install google maps, everytime makes market force close.. any solutions or apks?
    says download unsuccessful
    nvm, re-wiped cache + data.. fixed.

#42 Droidfan1, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  7. avt123

avt123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That boot animation is illllllll! :)

8. drod2169

drod2169 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for chiming in :) There are apps I changed for the AOSP counterparts in blur as well. I have a themers template made up if you'd like it 928.. also, the music app might still work, since its still the "stock" AOSP one, motorola didn't do anything blur-like to it that I can see

Also, in Focused, exchange is working. Calendar is known to be buggy right now with its days.. I'm looking into it, as well as the other issues that are popping up.

#44 drod2169, Oct 8, 2010
  9. takers

takers New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    blurry rubix + black glass + r2d2 lockscreen

loving it!

10. avt123

avt123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gmail app keeps force closing every time I try to open it. It force closes instantly at startup as well.

I changed the gmail.apk file that came with your ROM to gmail.bak and installed Gmail from the market and it is working again.

Also, is it safe to delete one of the calendar apps? If so which one? :)

#46 avt123, Oct 8, 2010
  11. bcals0087

bcals0087 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Install w/ constant reboot issue!!

So I had recently reported about an issue I had after installing rubix .5 and trying to install market apps, apps from the internet, or anything and I would have a reboot. It would freeze up as it was about to install and boom reboot. Not market related at all from what I see. I remembered I had installed the vanilla theme right after I installed the rom; mounted system and everything. It seems that is when the problem came about. After the theme. vanilla does not have any blur apps themed, just the basics. It made me wonder if the services.jar file or the framework would have anything to do with these constant reboots. Then I sbf'd and the same problem occurred. It seems that it has to do with the data because after I did a complete data wipe from factory recovery, the problem went away. So my question is, why the hell could this be happening?

Update: It was definitely the theme that was added on. I'm curious as to why no one else who added a theme didn't run into this problem considering Vanilla is one of the most basic ones out there. hmmmmmmmm

#47 bcals0087, Oct 8, 2010
  12. drod2169

drod2169 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Should only be one calendar app?

Search tags for this page
badass bootanimation for i747
crazy droidroms@gmail.com
crazydroid@gmail.com