rubiX Blurry 1.8 for those who don't like to see straight...

N

Nickchapa

Wow ok. Thanks chief

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sephtin

Reaction score
Will the Non-Blurry ROM Throttle Cap Hack work on the Blurry version on Rubix?

Services.jar (the file that contains the hack) is completely different from Focused to Blurry, I wouldn't try it.

DMFA

Reaction score
I'm all about the "bare bones blurry" idea. Is that "remove all blur" script done? Also, is there anything that I can cut out of the zip that I don't like, e.g. facebook, social networking, all the extra accounts, etc?

Thanks so much!

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I'm all about the "bare bones blurry" idea. Is that "remove all blur" script done? Also, is there anything that I can cut out of the zip that I don't like, e.g. facebook, social networking, all the extra accounts, etc?

Thanks so much!

LOL...isnt that contradictory? Just saying.....

DMFA

Reaction score

Thanks so much!

LOL...isnt that contradictory? Just saying.....

Sort of, but there are some things you can only achieve with blur that I want, e.g. HDMI.

MrAreCool

Reaction score
Bootstrap?

This is probably a dumb question, but...

I recently rooted my X and the first ROM I tried was Liberty, but I found myself missing certain Blur elements and I came across this. Loving it so far, but I am wondering if I need to install the bootstrap utility again to do a backup or if it included with this ROM somewhere. I know that Liberty had it in the "Toolbox", not sure if Rubix has something similar...

Thanks!

Edit: I did search, but Rubix and bootstrap returns a lot of results...

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Sort of, but there are some things you can only achieve with blur that I want, e.g. HDMI.

I know,Im just messing with you....I find myself coming back to blur roms,even though I love the snappy nature of vanilla roms.The blur roms simply have a much better bluetooth audio connection for me.My bluetooth radios "find" the blur bluetooth easily,and pair automatically,unlike every vanilla based ive tried....also blur email is easier to delete multiple items...etc...
I was on rubix 1.52 forever, I loved that ROM....combined with launcher pro plus,i loved it...now on 1.8 after a bad download,and its doing great too.

saxman

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with angry birds updating? I get update unsuccessful... Same with angry birds seasons...

TheJester34

Reaction score
I had to unmount my SD card to get it to work. That was on stock, but it may be worth a try

thetomas

Reaction score
Sorry to bother, but how do you run the scripts mentioned? I looked for a terminal app but one doesn't seem to be included in the rom. Am I supposed to dl one or is there some other way of using the scripts?

And if i'm on the right track with the terminal app, I'd love to hear an explanation of how to use the scripts. thanks.

DroiX

Reaction score
Is there a way to get a black notification bar?

EDIT: Apparently a theme with a black notification bar has been ported to 1.8...

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-themes/18281-wugfresh-successful-ports-repository.html

Think I'll make this Rubix new next ROM and try this theme out.

EDIT 2: Got 1.8 with the above theme loaded and everything seems to be working great! Nice work on the ROM and theme!

EDIT 3: I got rid of that theme, didn't care for the way it looked, although it worked well. To run the scripts you have to download Terminal from the market. The dxeye script didn't work because the file isn't included (I downloaded the mirror link).

Is there a way to get a black notification bar? Are there any other themes available?

Is there a way to get rid of the Mediashare stuff, but keep dlna, hdmi and stock camera app?

So far, I think this is the best rom - good work!

Last edited:

SyNiK4L

Reaction score
Im wondering if theres a fix for the dialer crashing when i set my LCD density any lower than 240?

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Loving this rom! Running it with watermark'd theme for apex just had to delete a couple of duplicate apps but works great

DMFA

Reaction score
Im wondering if theres a fix for the dialer crashing when i set my LCD density any lower than 240?

I tried subbing in an AOSP phone...it gave me no reception and no phone. I just downloaded a market dialer (One Touch) which works okay. The keypad is the only thing affected by the LCD density change, and only outside of calls...it works in-call just fine, oddly enough.

Growler48

Reaction score
I'm a little confused about the first statement in the OP about the toolbox. I'm currently on Liberty, which has a toolbox. Do I need to SBF before installing or not?