Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Change Log from 1.0
  • Updated to 2.2.1
  • Tweaks tweaked
  • Code cleaned up
  • Bug fixes
  • Home Screen Memory Fix (credit to Beesley)
  • All apps optimized, zipaligned (since they were upgraded)
  • Security measures to benefit myself, do not harm you nor the rom experience at all (Thanks to JRummy for the advice)

Release Notes:
Blurry 1.0:

Based off 2.3.15 (ota)
Completely deodexed, zipaligned, optimized, not like everyone else says, I mean it when I say optimized!
FULL Motorola Blur, get your social networking widgets and photo syncs!
Custom speed/battery tweaks
Internal task killer has been set a little more aggressive for better battery, stability, and speed
Tweaks to sysctl.conf (Credit to myself and Pete)
Market apps removed
Wallpapers installed to SDCard instead of in launcher!
Build.Prop mods (Credit to Beesley, edited by me)
Certain System files replaced with LATEST 2.2.1 source build apps (Calculator, Gmail, etc.)
Bloatware Removed
LOTS of free space in system! Over 100 mb! I can't remember the exact amount, i'll edit it in when I load it back up
Amazing Boot animations credit to WJD Designs!
Optional undervolt, type lowvolt.sh to run it
Overclock Script! Credit to JRummy for the awesome script. To access, just run:
su
cpu.sh
in terminal emulator, and follow instructions from there.
BETA:
Auto boot strap on every FULL boot of the system. This is beta, and will be tweaked within the next few days

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Open DroidXBootstrapper
Bootstrap Recovery
Reboot Recovery
Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom or something goes wrong)
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SDCard
Select rubiXBlurry1.5.2.zip
Select Yes
Reboot System
Enjoy

Download Link:
http://bit.ly/daY5Fr

Mirror:
http://bit.ly/bZCrT5

Set up for Web Connect via Rom Manager? Download straight to your phone!
http://bit.ly/bYnp4T

The first boot will take a while, so be patient with it loading.

I am NOT responsible by any means for ANYTHING that may happen to your phone. Blame Motorola for locking the bootloader!

I'm a college student working to put myself through school. I dedicate a lot of sleepless nights to this, so please, if you like my work, buy me some Red Bull!
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TYYWQBR78DW7U

Last edited:

nepperz

Reaction score
Your roms run very well i only have one question.. how do i get it off my phone with out having to flash sbf lol.. had some trouble a while back

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
reserved for meeeee

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Your roms run very well i only have one question.. how do i get it off my phone with out having to flash sbf lol.. had some trouble a while back

there are stock rom leak files up on mydroidworld.com

nepperz

Reaction score

??? Ok I tried restoring stock backups, and stock rooted 2.2 neither would get rid of it.. I actually had trouble with something and wanted to flash back to your Rubix 1.0 blurry clean but couldnt get rid of what I had.. no hard feelings I am already downloading this

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

??? Ok I tried restoring stock backups, and stock rooted 2.2 neither would get rid of it.. I actually had trouble with something and wanted to flash back to your Rubix 1.0 blurry clean but couldnt get rid of what I had.. no hard feelings I am already downloading this

There is a 2.3.15 deodexed rom link on mydroidworld that has the complete stock rom if you want to flash it directly instead of SBFing. To restore backups, you'll need to format your system, data, and cache BEFORE restoring the backup for it to actually take effect. Sorry for my vagueness, hope that clears it up some.

nepperz

Reaction score

There is a 2.3.15 deodexed rom link on mydroidworld that has the complete stock rom if you want to flash it directly instead of SBFing. To restore backups, you'll need to format your system, data, and cache BEFORE restoring the backup for it to actually take effect. Sorry for my vagueness, hope that clears it up some.

It sure does.. thanks my man.. and just an fyi for you i did wipe all of those and could not get it off LOL no biggie will try this way next time.. keep up the awesome awesome work for us blur ppl :)

kennydied23

Reaction score
Are these based off of the leak files that TBH released? I'm just wondering if the Music/Youtube/Video players work.

Edit: They work!

Last edited:

thetomas

Reaction score
I'm really happy to see a blurry update, but i was wondering if the blackbar mod theme I have running will have any problem with the new version of blurry. Should I wait to theme this version untill they are made specifically for 1.5.2?

Thanks for the great rom.

Edit: just noticed instructions say to wipe data and cache. Is this absolutely necessary? I hate to complain, but I like to avoid it if at all possible. If it is absolutely required, does anyone have a suggestion on how to make reinstallation of all my non market apps easier?

Last edited:

nepperz

Reaction score
I'm really happy to see a blurry update, but i was wondering if the blackbar mod theme I have running will have any problem with the new version of blurry. Should I wait to theme this version untill they are made specifically for 1.5.2?

Thanks for the great rom.

Edit: just noticed instructions say to wipe data and cache. Is this absolutely necessary? I hate to complain, but I like to avoid it if at all possible. If it is absolutely required, does anyone have a suggestion on how to make reinstallation of all my non market apps easier?

Have you tried titanium backup? or if you dont want to do that use root explorer and you can find the app folder and back up the entire app folder... downside to not using titanium you have to reset up all your apps

dvader

Reaction score
none of my google accounts will sync (gmail, calendar, contacts)
they "sync" icon is in my tool bar, and when i uncheck and then check them. they icons should spin, but they don't.

ideas?

nepperz

Reaction score
none of my google accounts will sync (gmail, calendar, contacts)
they "sync" icon is in my tool bar, and when i uncheck and then check them. they icons should spin, but they don't.

ideas?

Did you wipe data and cache and what rom were you running before this?

TheCheeks

Reaction score
I was just about to reflash my phone and I saw there were 2 updates today! Going to try out Blurry for the hell of it, thanks for all the hard work.

Tinygod

Reaction score
Dialer crashes with no force close dialog after entering a second digit. Motodialer instant closes. Basically can't use the phone function at all.

Wiped data and cache for install, restored only user apps via TB. Anyone else?

nepperz

Reaction score
Dialer crashes with no force close dialog after entering a second digit. Motodialer instant closes. Basically can't use the phone function at all.

Wiped data and cache for install, restored only user apps via TB. Anyone else?
what rom you coming from?