[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

Gadawgs29

Reaction score
thanks i wasnt sure if thats wat i was suppose to do and was just making sure thanks

BalistikBill

Reaction score
Handcent won't send mms/picture messages for some reason. If anyone knows how to fix that let me know. Otherwise can someone provide me wig the messaging app that came with focused 1.0??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

nmtuna

Reaction score
Email App

I just installed this, however it looks like it has the older email application, is there a way to get the newer version from the Droid X?????

sephtin

Reaction score
I just installed this, however it looks like it has the older email application, is there a way to get the newer version from the Droid X?????

Sorry for my confusion.. you just installed Focused 1.0? when 1.6, and 1.84 are out?

And to add to your confusion... The email application is not older.. it's the AOSP email application, rather than the default MotoBlur email application included in the stock build.

If you prefer the Blur email application, you would probably prefer a Blur based ROM like Blurry, or one of the other many Blur based ROMs (apeX, tranquility, etc. etc. etc.)

nmtuna

Reaction score
I was just checking on the email...I downloaded 1.0 bc I got it from rom manager. If I install 1.86 can I install over it without wiping cache and data????

Boblank

Reaction score
I was just checking on the email...I downloaded 1.0 bc I got it from rom manager. If I install 1.86 can I install over it without wiping cache and data????

Ive installed 1.86 over 1.6 and have had zero issues. Its worth a try, if you have any issues then i would start over and wipe data/cache

mkjackson

Reaction score
Hey Drod,
Firstly, great work. I actually had a good deal of buyer's remorse when using the Moto garbage. The only bugs I've noticed with your build is that when in car-dock mode (or even in general now that I think about it) the in-call interface remains in portrait mode instead of landscape. The only other "bugs" would be that the home screen isn't so zippy going to the app drawer or between screens until you do so at least once (IE first hit to drawer (or switching to other adjacent screen) is hitchy, second time's a charm) and also that the camera app has crashed twice on me. It's only the first bug that concerns me though.

As far as ClockworkMod has to say, I'm on your latest build...

Again, thanks for this EXCELLENT rom!

SkeetSkeet

Reaction score
There have been updates, try checking this forum again

Hey Drod,
Firstly, great work. I actually had a good deal of buyer's remorse when using the Moto garbage. The only bugs I've noticed with your build is that when in car-dock mode (or even in general now that I think about it) the in-call interface remains in portrait mode instead of landscape. The only other "bugs" would be that the home screen isn't so zippy going to the app drawer or between screens until you do so at least once (IE first hit to drawer (or switching to other adjacent screen) is hitchy, second time's a charm) and also that the camera app has crashed twice on me. It's only the first bug that concerns me though.

sephtin

Reaction score
Hey Drod,

Bugs:
Dialer in Car Dock - known issue, for more info, look up the UNOFFICIAL known issues list on sephtin.com.

Home screen being zippy.. I haven't noticed this, what launcher are you using? And did you restore apps from a backup, such as titanium, or mybackup? Also, do you use a ton of widgets, that require being loaded/refreshing.. it's possible that they're slowing things down on the first load (?).

And lastly, the camera crashing, is probably due to a data/cache issue.. try this:
Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> all tab> Camera
Force stop, then Clear cache, clear data...

See if you get any more crashes.. should hopefully help that.

Regarding what clockwork says about your build (I assume you mean the ROM Manager app??? It's a couple months out of date. You will want to look in the drod2169 section of these forums for a more recent build. (I also post that new builds are available at sephtin.com.. but don't rely on me.. check the forums.

Hope that helps..
I only hope I answered as many questions as I created... ;)

sephtin

Reaction score
What is purpose of twenty percent battery intervals?

Ask Moto / Verizon. The phone SHIPS with 20% intervals. It's a change to make them 10.

Also, if you're just now readin the 1.0 thread, you may be intersted in the 1.6, 1.8.6, and 1.8.9 threads as well.. lots of great reading ahead! Enjoy!

triqsix

Reaction score
so far, 1.0 has performed the best and most reliably. it has also provided the best battery life, of course without doing allthat****.jpg required for 1.8.9