Blur running like there's no blur? Insane! Blurry 1.5.2

Tinygod

Reaction score
Dialer crashes with no force close dialog after entering a second digit. Motodialer instant closes. Basically can't use the phone function at all.

Wiped data and cache for install, restored only user apps via TB. Anyone else?
what rom you coming from?

Focused 1.6.

I should also note for troubleshooting that after the dialer crashes the phone loses all signal and then climbs back up through 1x to 3g like the radio is being reset.

dvader

Reaction score
none of my google accounts will sync (gmail, calendar, contacts)
they "sync" icon is in my tool bar, and when i uncheck and then check them. they icons should spin, but they don't.

ideas?

Did you wipe data and cache and what rom were you running before this?

yes, wiped data, cache and system.
apex 1.0 but if everything was wiped, should it matter?

thetomas

Reaction score
Dialer crashes with no force close dialog after entering a second digit. Motodialer instant closes. Basically can't use the phone function at all.

This is happening for me too, now that I check. I don't use my droid x as a phone, fortunately, but it certainly shouldn't do this. I came from blurry 1.0 and ended up wiping data and cache.

kennydied23

Reaction score

Focused 1.6.

I should also note for troubleshooting that after the dialer crashes the phone loses all signal and then climbs back up through 1x to 3g like the radio is being reset.

Same exact thing happens to me. Motocall wont open and the dialer crashes after two digits entered, but I came from Blurry 1.0.

nepperz

Reaction score

Focused 1.6.

coming from focused i am pretty sure you would need to get into clockwork and mount wipe system (after data and cache wipe) then install from sd card and choose this zip.. when going from non blur to blur u need to format system

nepperz

Reaction score
none of my google accounts will sync (gmail, calendar, contacts)
they "sync" icon is in my tool bar, and when i uncheck and then check them. they icons should spin, but they don't.

ideas?

yes again you need to clockwork mount format system

nepperz

Reaction score
Just got my phone rooted am going to install i am coming from fresh 2.2 though will let you know about dialer

dvader

Reaction score

I don't understand?

I wiped everything and installed this new rom.
my google accounts didn't sync
i did however restore from Titanium backup. (my account settings)
could that be the problem?

nepperz

Reaction score

I don't understand?

I wiped everything and installed this new rom.
my google accounts didn't sync
i did however restore from Titanium backup. (my account settings)
could that be the problem?

try this for google.. Bootstrap recover reboot into recovery one of the options says something about mount.. pick it and u will see format system use it... then go back to main menu pick install rom from sdcard pick this rom then apply it

On that note I am having same trouble with dialer.. I am going to run with it for now and see if a quick fix comes from drod... as soon as u touch 2nd number it closes.. but most of everyone i call is in my contacts.. so far i have 2 gmails synced and facebook twitter and am about to restore from TB

Tinygod

Reaction score

Focused 1.6.

coming from focused i am pretty sure you would need to get into clockwork and mount wipe system (after data and cache wipe) then install from sd card and choose this zip.. when going from non blur to blur u need to format system

Thanks but still busted. Also confirmed before restoring apps from tb just incase

kennydied23

Reaction score
Drod...if you can see this, please take a look at this dialer issue. This is the only thing keeping this rom from being perfect IMO. It's so much smoother and stabler than any other Blur rom I've had, including stock SBF. I even have a higher stable overclock that I wasn't able to have before this rom.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the dialer issue was one of the issues of not having the newest Droid X kernel.

nepperz

Reaction score
Drod...if you can see this, please take a look at this dialer issue. This is the only thing keeping this rom from being perfect IMO. It's so much smoother and stabler than any other Blur rom I've had, including stock SBF. I even have a higher stable overclock that I wasn't able to have before this rom.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the dialer issue was one of the issues of not having the newest Droid X kernel.

yea i tried to go to a diff rom after the dialer issue and even formating cache got me no where but M logo :(

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Give me a few guys.. dialer works fine for me and all my testers... this is weird :/

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Focused 1.6.

The rom auto formats system. Just wipe data/cache

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Is the framework different? Just wondering if I need to start my Blur theme from scratch again