rubiX Focused 1.9.5

dr0id99

Reaction score
Pretty sure Tun.ko isn't included with Focused by default, and it sounds like there are some framework components/permissions not included. So I'm guessing this isn't as easy as installing a package.

Uggg :( I just tried vpn and same thing. I could live without hdmi, but vpn is important for getting on network and remoting into servers. May have to see what 1.9.7 has to offer. :)

I'll include tun.ko in 1.9.7 if someone sends me a link :)

Didn't know that VPN's were affected that badly. Never used it before.

Posted a few pages back http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/109503-rubix-focused-1-9-5-a-66.html#post1140943 :)

salem667

Reaction score
Ill tell you what... The more I learn the more respect I have for drod and stephtin... There is a lot of hard work involved in this... Keep up the good work and salute

Droid X

sephtin

Reaction score
Can't get the navigation to work...what do I need to do?

I'm guessing that you wiped data after the ROM was installed. several apps should be installed during that first boot, including Google Maps, which is required for navigation to work.

If Maps is installed, try opening it, and make sure you allow it permissions (it should pop up and ask).. Once maps has permissions, navigation should work.

tntlassiter

Reaction score

I'm guessing that you wiped data after the ROM was installed. several apps should be installed during that first boot, including Google Maps, which is required for navigation to work.

If Maps is installed, try opening it, and make sure you allow it permissions (it should pop up and ask).. Once maps has permissions, navigation should work.

I wiped after download but before install. I have gotten all my apps back including Google maps and navigation still isn't working...

sephtin

Reaction score

I wiped after download but before install. I have gotten all my apps back including Google maps and navigation still isn't working...

And you've opened maps, and agreed to the permissions thing, etc. etc., and navigation still doesn't work?

tntlassiter

Reaction score

And you've opened maps, and agreed to the permissions thing, etc. etc., and navigation still doesn't work?

I had to get signed in (which took forever) and it is finally working. Thanks!

sephtin

Reaction score

I had to get signed in (which took forever) and it is finally working. Thanks!

Thanks for being patient while working through it.. I KNEW it was something to do with maps.. but couldn't remember exactly what it was. :)

Glad it's working!

ksuviper

Reaction score
I am having an issue when on a call. If I hold the phone up to my ear with my shoulder the calls will mute or even hang up sometimes. I have noticed that the dialer is showing when it happens. If you go back to the incall screen it shows that the mute if off. But if i turn the mute on and then back off it will unmute and people can hear me again. Has anyone seen this happening or know of a fix for it. I have also had it happen on the liberty as well. I think that it may be the dialer since it doesn't happen when running stock. It is not just my phone either. My wifes phone does it as well.

sephtin

Reaction score
I am having an issue when on a call. If I hold the phone up to my ear with my shoulder the calls will mute or even hang up sometimes. I have noticed that the dialer is showing when it happens. If you go back to the incall screen it shows that the mute if off. But if i turn the mute on and then back off it will unmute and people can hear me again. Has anyone seen this happening or know of a fix for it. I have also had it happen on the liberty as well. I think that it may be the dialer since it doesn't happen when running stock. It is not just my phone either. My wifes phone does it as well.

Have seen this before on stock as well, with build.prop tweaks.
Check the "mot.proximity.delay=" in build.prop. Stock defaults to 450 I think, but most ROMs have changed this setting to 150.

What this does, is cut controls the amount of time that the prox. sensor needs to be open before it enables the screen and allows you to push buttons.

HTH!

ksuviper

Reaction score

Check the "mot.proximity.delay=" in build.prop. Stock defaults to 450 I think, but most ROMs have changed this setting to 150.

What this does, is cut controls the amount of time that the prox. sensor needs to be open before it enables the screen and allows you to push buttons.

HTH!

Ok thanks. I may change the delay to a higher number and see if that helps any. I did some messing around with it and it appears that the add to call button is being pressed that is why the dialer is opening up and muting the current call. If i hit back it goes back to the current call unmuted.

sephtin

Reaction score

HTH!

Ok thanks. I may change the delay to a higher number and see if that helps any. I did some messing around with it and it appears that the add to call button is being pressed that is why the dialer is opening up and muting the current call. If i hit back it goes back to the current call unmuted.

Let me know if after changing that, it still has the issue.. but I know I've seen that fix it for "shoulder talking" issues on both Focsued and Fission (there is a bug report that's been closed for Fission I believe for this as well.. heh).

lishper

Reaction score
I'm currently running Focused 1.6, the 2.3.15 base. What steps are needed to upgrade to 1.9.5?

From what I've briefly read, I'll need to wipe data, install 2.3.40 OTA, then install 1.9.5? I don't want to miss any steps and mess up the phone.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

sephtin

Reaction score
I'm currently running Focused 1.6, the 2.3.15 base. What steps are needed to upgrade to 1.9.5?

From what I've briefly read, I'll need to wipe data, install 2.3.40 OTA, then install 1.9.5? I don't want to miss any steps and mess up the phone.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Quick and easy way:
--wipe data/cache
--maderstcok: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/112152-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html
--re-root, re-bootstrap
--Load Focused.

:)