[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Installed becasue I'm bored and impatient. Oh, BAD ASS BOOT ANIMATION. When I originally installed Rubix .3 i wondered why there wast a rubix cube boot anim, and now there is.

Looks like the screen brightness may be reduced still. I'll wait to hear back before i apply the .3 version brightness patch in case a new patch is required.

Oh, and yay DroidForums...EDIT BUTTON!!!

Last edited:

AMelis

Reaction score
Noob questions before I try this. Will I still be able to corporate sync email to exchange? And are the contacts/address book in this or any other ROM alphabetized by last name? TIA

GoldenGreg

Reaction score
Hi, first thanks for the great ROMs!
I loaded the non-blur one but i forgot i need corporate sync and I cannot get to work. I tried adding bluremail.apk and bluremailengine.apk and rebooted but still no luck.
I guess I should just try the blurred version but wanted to see if there was any other apk i might have missed to put back. I like the speed of this and that is the only thing i am missing from blur.
Thanks again, Greg

bcals0087

Reaction score
Alright I've tried everything. I've figured out I cannot install anything from the market or the internet. I tried just downloading bootstrap so I could boot back into recovery and redo it all but nothing works. I know I followed everything to the T. I came from .3 and I still formatted everything. Any help??

De ja vu, this was a known market issue with froyo ROMs on my orignal droid where they wouldn't download.

*SOLUTION* Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market > Clear data, then Clear cache

Now go back to market got go to Downloads, then manually begin updates and so on. Do not do update all until you are sure applications are downloading and installing correctly. This should work, no promises though.

lol this was one of the first things that I tried, however it is not only a market problem. The only thing that I thought that would fix it is if I could just get koushes bootstrap installed. It wouldn't from the market so I found one online and downloaded it from my phone. However as soon as it starts the install process, it freezes up the phone, and immediately goes to the rubix cube. It sucks but now that i'm home and have my computer, im going to have to sbf. I even went into stock recovery to clear cache. I didn't want to do a factory reset through there though because I didn't think it was worth it. I'm just going to sbf and see what happens.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
via rom manager is it recommended to wipe data/cache before install?

kinda have the same question....i just made a back up...so if i went to a different rom, then came back to this...all i have to do is wipe data/cache?

Droid74

Reaction score
Is Focused faster then blurry? and if so is it noticeable?

Can you use launcherPro plus in either version? What would be affected if i used it in the focused version? (im not sure what launcher 2 is in Focused)

Id like to download 1 of these tonight!!! Someone get back to me fast plz!!!!

Droid74

Reaction score
Another question...can you use any theme on either of these ROMs or does focused have to be a blurless theme?? Would the 928blackglass work on either of these?
Thanks

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Another question...can you use any theme on either of these ROMs or does focused have to be a blurless theme?? Would the 928blackglass work on either of these?
Thanks

I for sure wouldn't recommend my Theme on the Blurless version, it may cause conflicts with all the hard work that the "crazy guy" drod2169 did to remove some of the BLur stuff. So IMHO that is a no go.

On the Blur version it should work fine without any real conflicts, It will however add back some of the market Drod2169 apps removed and also the Wallpapers will be back in the Blur Home app. Neither of these should cause any issues as long as you uninstall the Market versions you installed from the Market first.

Remember it's not like with have a Droid 1 with only 256mg of internal storage... we got the Big Dog X with 8 gigs of internal storage (although all of that is unfortunately not available to the system area)
dancedroid

My Theme will also add back the stock Music app (Themed), but some may like that since it is tied into the Car Dock app and unless there is a secret I am not aware of yet, you loose Music functions in the Car Dock with other Music apps besides the original anyway.

All of the apks in my Theme are optimized also (and I mean that too :), well, with the exception of a few certain ones that I know cause issues when optimized, but most users don't notice those...at least for a while.

Now for clarity sake, only Drod2169 knows what all has been changed in his ROM, so I am not and do not mean to speak for him. Just giving the best guess I can from the changelog info and based on a "little" knowledge I have about the "928 Black Glass Theme" :) I am sure he can probably make a better guess since my current Themes are stock based only and the stock system is of a publicly known "configuration/format". So I defer to Drod2169 for the final word on this, plus it's his ROM, and his Thread too!

In a nutshell, I know I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try on Drod2169's Blur version, but certainly would NOT on the Blurless version.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Noob questions before I try this. Will I still be able to corporate sync email to exchange? And are the contacts/address book in this or any other ROM alphabetized by last name? TIA

Yes, you can. I am synced with my exchanger server right now.

mwm523

Reaction score

Yes, you can. I am synced with my exchanger server right now.

I installed the Blurry ROM, and configured it to sync with my Exchange account, but it doesn't seem to want to sync my Exchange contacts to the phone. My email and calendar came over but not my contacts.

Droidfan1

Reaction score
it wont let me install google maps, everytime makes market force close.. any solutions or apks?
says download unsuccessful
nvm, re-wiped cache + data.. fixed.

Last edited:
OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks

I for sure wouldn't recommend my Theme on the Blurless version, it may cause conflicts with all the hard work that the "crazy guy" drod2169 did to remove some of the BLur stuff. So IMHO that is a no go.

On the Blur version it should work fine without any real conflicts, It will however add back some of the market Drod2169 apps removed and also the Wallpapers will be back in the Blur Home app. Neither of these should cause any issues as long as you uninstall the Market versions you installed from the Market first.

Remember it's not like with have a Droid 1 with only 256mg of internal storage... we got the Big Dog X with 8 gigs of internal storage (although all of that is unfortunately not available to the system area)
dancedroid

My Theme will also add back the stock Music app (Themed), but some may like that since it is tied into the Car Dock app and unless there is a secret I am not aware of yet, you loose Music functions in the Car Dock with other Music apps besides the original anyway.

All of the apks in my Theme are optimized also (and I mean that too :), well, with the exception of a few certain ones that I know cause issues when optimized, but most users don't notice those...at least for a while.

Now for clarity sake, only Drod2169 knows what all has been changed in his ROM, so I am not and do not mean to speak for him. Just giving the best guess I can from the changelog info and based on a "little" knowledge I have about the "928 Black Glass Theme" :) I am sure he can probably make a better guess since my current Themes are stock based only and the stock system is of a publicly known "configuration/format". So I defer to Drod2169 for the final word on this, plus it's his ROM, and his Thread too!

In a nutshell, I know I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try on Drod2169's Blur version, but certainly would NOT on the Blurless version.

Thanks for chiming in :) There are apps I changed for the AOSP counterparts in blur as well. I have a themers template made up if you'd like it 928.. also, the music app might still work, since its still the "stock" AOSP one, motorola didn't do anything blur-like to it that I can see

Also, in Focused, exchange is working. Calendar is known to be buggy right now with its days.. I'm looking into it, as well as the other issues that are popping up.

Last edited:

takers

Reaction score
blurry rubix + black glass + r2d2 lockscreen

loving it!