[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
sorry...one more question before i install Blurry (first ROM installation Im doing). I want to make sure i do the "mount" step correctly. UNder the"mounts and storage" tab...you click on the first option that says "mount /system"...sorry first timer here.
Thanks

Yup exactly.

A question of my own.

Does anyone know what Blur stuff I need to add back to have the Blurless version snyc my contacts with facebook? I added back BlurSNMessagingEngine.apk but didn't seems to help, am I missing something else?

Yes. its Mount System
Make sure you do that!
For the contact sync.. I think it was SocialMessaging.apk

Droid74

Reaction score
woot..done and i didnt screw anything up!!!(that i know of)

Very cool boot animation

mwm523

Reaction score
I installed the Blurry ROM, and configured it to sync with my Exchange account, but it doesn't seem to want to sync my Exchange contacts to the phone. My email and calendar came over but not my contacts.

Any thoughts on this Exchange contacts issue in Blurry?

Seano

Reaction score
installed and i not having any issues. formatted system, cache but not data. im using incognito blurless on top of it also.

if you guys are having issues with syncing contacts pics just use the app SyncMyPix.

pinhead875

Reaction score
I haven't read the entire thread, so correct me if I missed something..

I installed the 0.5 rom via rom manager (downloaded, wipe data/cache, install). I was away from the phone during install, so I don't know if it said any errors. When my phone restarted, it was stuck at the M logo. Battery pull > M logo> old ANDROID rubix 0.3 boot screen, then home screen but it was all blank. Only thing on the phone was the banner, rest of the screen was black. Pressing buttons did nothing, except I was able to hold the power button and get the option to turn off the phone.

Here I am now SBFing to 2.2, re-rooting and I'll try everything again via the zip on the first post.

Any thoughts on why that might have happened?

fordfreak

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. :-( I wiped system, data, and cache. Then mounted system. After I reboot my phone gets stuck at M logo. I've let it sit for up to 20 min. I SBF'd about 4 times last night and kept trying to load Rubix till 4am. haha
What do you guys think? Oh and I did not use Rom manager to load rom. I bootstrapped and installed zip from clockwork. Im also using Phoxus gift SBF 2.1

Last edited:

bcals0087

Reaction score
has anybody figured out what apks are needed to get the stock messaging app on focused? I tried moving conversations.apk and messaging.apk to the system app, set permissions, as well as the com.motorola.blur.library.messaging jar file to the framework folder and set permissions. It opens up and then closes out right away...any ideas?

Edit: One other question...

If I unzipped focused or blurry and put files in or took some out, and then zipped it back up, is there a reason that it will not install through clockwork? Is there a certain way of zipping and signing or something? I attempted this when I want to do a quick way of moving apk's in, but when it tried to install through clockwork it just got stuck on the install and froze, then I had to sbf. I did this like three times trying different ways but it doesn't like it if you do something and zip it up and try to install...Drod, do you have a special seal on this rom??? lol

Update: I think I just had a moment haha. When I zipped it up, it also zipped up and extra folder. like when you click on the original zip and it opens up theres three folders, meta-inf, system, sdcard. When I zipped it up, it zipped up the folder that these three folders were in, so I don't think the phone could read it with the extra folder.

Last edited:

Mikey311

Reaction score
works great! i don't like the messaging app though, the contacts picture doesn't show up and i don't like the message counter either. Handcent works great on it though. haven't found any problems with any of the stock apps except for one. What does car home do? i press it and my notification bar dims and nothing happens. I renamed the .apk so it doesn't show up anymore, but i'm still curious. also, i just installed the black bar and the reboot took a very long time and scared the hell out of me haha just thought i should let people know

All in all good work! i'm really enjoying it!

Asterisk

Reaction score
Installed this earlier this morning but had to get off to work before I could post anything. Everything went smoothly and everything is still working great. The only thing that I am still having a problem with is the sync icon is still up there but its not doing anything. It just like it is a stuck icon and nothing else. Other then that everything is great.
If anyone finds a fix for it let me know please so I can get that damned icon out of the way.

Thank you and keep up the great work.

bcals0087

Reaction score
Installed this earlier this morning but had to get off to work before I could post anything. Everything went smoothly and everything is still working great. The only thing that I am still having a problem with is the sync icon is still up there but its not doing anything. It just like it is a stuck icon and nothing else. Other then that everything is great.
If anyone finds a fix for it let me know please so I can get that damned icon out of the way.

you could try going into privacy and uncheck the backup data button. Im not sure but I know that icon is when data is syncing with google. Just a thought

Asterisk

Reaction score

you could try going into privacy and uncheck the backup data button. Im not sure but I know that icon is when data is syncing with google. Just a thought

I tried what you said and nothing happened. Icon still stayed up.

Droid74

Reaction score
So far so good. Two things i have noticed since downloading blurry
1. blue sync icon doesnt go away
2. gmail count in dockbar is not working properly...count is wrong
Any ideas?

bcals0087

Reaction score

I tried what you said and nothing happened. Icon still stayed up.

What that means then is an app is hanging up, and continues to sync but is not functioning properly. Like backup assistant will leave a sync icon, google backup, touchdown email, weather apps. Something is not functioning properly. I've heard of a few people rebooting a few times and it going away, but periodically coming back.

bcals0087

Reaction score
So far so good. Two things i have noticed since downloading blurry
1. blue sync icon doesnt go away
2. gmail count in dockbar is not working properly...count is wrong
Any ideas?

So the blue sync icon might have to do with your gmail. I've attached another gmail.apk from a deodexed 2.2 rom. Put this on your sdcard, and move it with root explorer to your /system/app folder and overwrite the other one. Set permissions and reboot. Then if need be update through the market, and report back to let us know if this worked.:). I actually don't have this problem, but it's worth a try.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
the gmail is the latest from aosp, what you get in the market is whats included.. i haven't had any issues, nor sync icon hanging up. i've been running blurry all day, and focused for the past week.
gmail count.. i'm guessing launcher pro? no clue, it might be a lp issue.