[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

stinger161

Reaction score
Ok, just for the heck of it I checked them both. Both the Rubix file and the BG one have in the file: ro.build.id=VZW. They also both have ro.build.display.id= Now on the BG it says VZW and on the Rubix it says rubiX blurry 0.3 So am I still running the Rubix blurry and does that display line put what you see in the build under "about phone" so if a rom builder wanted to put say "weiner schnitzel" in there that's what it would show as my build our is it more deeper than that? Thanks!

sephtin

Reaction score
Ok, just for the heck of it I checked them both. Both the Rubix file and the BG one have in the file: ro.build.id=VZW. They also both have ro.build.display.id= Now on the BG it says VZW and on the Rubix it says rubiX blurry 0.3 So am I still running the Rubix blurry and does that display line put what you see in the build under "about phone" so if a rom builder wanted to put say "weiner schnitzel" in there that's what it would show as my build our is it more deeper than that? Thanks!

Correct.
whatever is in your build.prop for ro.build.id, is what is displayed when you do an about phone.
That's how the first screenshots of "froyo builds" came to be, btw.. :p waaay back before Froyo was available for DroidX...

Anyway, there are other edits in build.prop.. or should have been for rubiX. If not, then there will be.
In the newer versions of Blurry, there will be more changes if there weren't in the old one.. you'll want to be careful not to overwrite them with a theme...

A theme overwriting build.prop is horrible form btw... I can't believe BlackGlass overwrites that file! :(

stinger161

Reaction score
Ok here's something else I found: I believe I read it here that BG puts some of the bloat back in. Confirming that I have blockbuster, car dock, city id,etc I went into terminal em to rename those. Everything I tried to rename ex. Blockbuster: upon entering it I got a response: failed on "Blockbuster.apk" - Read-only file system.

sephtin

Reaction score
Ok here's something else I found: I believe I read it here that BG puts some of the bloat back in. Confirming that I have blockbuster, car dock, city id,etc I went into terminal em to rename those. Everything I tried to rename ex. Blockbuster: upon entering it I got a response: failed on "Blockbuster.apk" - Read-only file system.

BlackGlass is based on Blur. Any app that has a BlackGlass themed icon, is put back in...

To rename stuff in /system, it needs to be remounted RW first (Button on top of screen in Root Explorer will do this)...