[ROM] TWO roms?? This guy's crazy!

Asterisk

Reaction score
I believe I have found out where this sync icon was coming from. I went into titanium back up and looked for stuff with sync in the title and started freezing things. I froze a contacts sync and the icon went away. I unfroze it and it came back. So I think that was what was causing everything. Hope this helps some people out.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Wow im liking the blurry and i got to say this is GOOD. Thanks man for the hard work you did to bring us this nice ROM(s). RubiX is the sheit! no pun intended. :icon_ banana: this is good **** right err. No problems so far and i like how much snappier it is and how dim this baby gets. Cant go wrong with RubiX. Just FOLLOW EVERY SINGLE STEP AS IT SAYS. They are pretty straight forward and you wont have any problems.

sephtin

Reaction score
So far so good. Two things i have noticed since downloading blurry
1. blue sync icon doesnt go away
2. gmail count in dockbar is not working properly...count is wrong
Any ideas?

Did you do a restore through titanium backup?
I believe every single time I've heard of the issue of someone with the sync icon staying where it is, it's been related to a Titanium restore.

sephtin

Reaction score
Have been working with drod2169 to get rubiX available on ROM Manager. This has been a work in progress now for a few days, but think we're finally there....

rubiX Focused 0.5 PATCHED version available on ROM Manager.
Yes, seriously.

Before you rush to dl and install it... please read the following, ALL of the following:
--This is NOT a new release of rubiX. This is Focused 0.5 with a few fixes... (listed below).

This version, is rubiX Focused 0.5, with the follwing changes:
--Fixed to make it work with ROM Manager
--drod applied fix to Swype FC issue.
--Fix added for Camera (DRod want's to rebuild this for later version, so temporary fix applied).

Also added the following optional packages selectable at install time:
--Search/Voice search patch option (this only adds googlequicksearchbox.apk, which fixes the search button if you install google search/voice search from the market).
--Backup Assistant patch option (this adds android-syncservice-app.apk, and BackupAssistanceClient.apk, UNTESTED, but should work)
--Brighter default auto brightness patch option (This is a streamlined version of the patch drod linked in the first post of his rubiX0.3 announcement, UNTESTED, but should work).

Again, consider this beta.. but feedback appreciated. If you try this, and post feedback/issues/whatever, please PLEASE state in your post that it's the Focused0.5PATCHED version...

drod2169 has put a ton of time in on this. If you like his work, please consider donating! (see link in first post of this thread by him).

Last edited:

cky2k

Reaction score
Donation sent :). Thank you guys for the awesome work.

I don't know how much this will help. I'm running the leaked 2.3.15.

I've been running rubiXFocused0.3 since it was released and then jumped to rubiXFocused0.5 and now just went through Rom Manager and installed Focused0.5PATCHED. It worked great.

I didn't install any of the add-ons. I don't use Swype or the stock camera. I did each time start from stock, leaked & rooted 2.3.15. Wiped system, data and cache every time. Then I add the Gala X 1.6.1 theme with EnV 1.3Base and all is working great. My favorite is 928's theme, but if your running any of the rubixFocused and put 928 on top of it, it will install a bunch of the stock apps.

Here is two ss of what appz are installed with Focused0.5PATCHED. I did install Shootme & Home Switcher and I'm sure Superuser is left over. It's awesome, only about 1 an half pages....nice :icon_ banana:

bcals0087

Reaction score
So far so good. Two things i have noticed since downloading blurry
1. blue sync icon doesnt go away
2. gmail count in dockbar is not working properly...count is wrong
Any ideas?

Did you do a restore through titanium backup?
I believe every single time I've heard of the issue of someone with the sync icon staying where it is, it's been related to a Titanium restore.

Yeah this is probably the issue because of the data that is being restored. Your best bet with the contacts was to let it sync through google when the rom first boots up. To get rid of it now would be to format data and cache again...

heathro1281

Reaction score
Let me get this straight :
I am on 2.2 ota rooted
I have bootstraper and rom manager.
I have a nandroid back up.
I just follow 0.5 focused instructions and I should be fine, correct?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

heathro1281

Reaction score
Do I need to put the Focused .zip anywahere special on SD card, or do I need to rename it?

bcals0087

Reaction score
No thats the beauty of clockwork just place on sdcard reboot into clockwork format system, data, cache and then mount system (very important, dont forget) then go back and install zip from sd card, then hit choose zip from sd card and find rubix and hit install. Then watch the magic happen

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Do I need to put the Focused .zip anywahere special on SD card, or do I need to rename it?

If you are to download Focused from Rom Manager now, it'll do everything you need for you. Just select Wipe Data/Cache when the popup box comes up. Thanks to Sephtin for helping me get this figured out :)

sephtin

Reaction score

I did each time start from stock, leaked & rooted 2.3.15. Wiped system, data and cache every time.

It's appreciated, I know drod has put a ton of time into it!

And regarding starting from stock every time.. One of the changes that had to be made to install via ROM Manager, was to make the script format /system.. since no one is booting into recovery to do it manually.
You should be ok to install from pretty much anything, as long as you wipe data and cache...

Just mentioning, as it might save you some time later on. ;)

sephtin

Reaction score
Let me get this straight :
I am on 2.2 ota rooted
I have bootstraper and rom manager.
I have a nandroid back up.
I just follow 0.5 focused instructions and I should be fine, correct?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Or, if you want Focused.. you can go to "Download ROM" in ROM Manager, choose DRod2169, and select the Focused 0.5 Patched version, and go from there... HTH, GL!

Either way, it will install fine. Enjoy rubiX!

sephtin

Reaction score

If you are to download Focused from Rom Manager now, it'll do everything you need for you. Just select Wipe Data/Cache when the popup box comes up. Thanks to Sephtin for helping me get this figured out :)

Glad I can help.. Blurry is just a couple hours away (I hope) heh.

cky2k

Reaction score

I did each time start from stock, leaked & rooted 2.3.15. Wiped system, data and cache every time.

It's appreciated, I know drod has put a ton of time into it!

And regarding starting from stock every time.. One of the changes that had to be made to install via ROM Manager, was to make the script format /system.. since no one is booting into recovery to do it manually.
You should be ok to install from pretty much anything, as long as you wipe data and cache...

Just mentioning, as it might save you some time later on. ;)

Thank you sephtin, I hear ya :) and it's appreciated. I don't know why, but I like to at lease go back to a clean, leaked, rooted and deodexed backup of 2.3.15 before I do anything (OCD I guess lol). Thank you again...

Last edited: