[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid 2 - Running, running, as fast as it can

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Some things I've noticed:

1. Haptic Feedback on the Menu, Home, Back, and Search buttons are a little weak. Not a real big deal.

2. Sometimes when I type on the hard keyboard it'll take me to my calendar app. It doesn't happen all the time, but it has happened a few times.

3. OCing, for me at least, is not working. Some of the lower voltages will work, but when I tried to do 1.3ghz it would freeze and reboot my phone.

Those are some issues I will edit if I find more.

gtwy

Reaction score
interesting. Time to go buy bootstrap then.

You should probably read up a bit. Bootstrap is always the first move.
When you get stuck in a boot loop because of a forgotten step and you have to sbf back, things get ALOT more difficult...

"Read up a bit". It would help if someone would actually provide a working guide. Or better yet, Apex could provide a link in their download with "beginners guide to installing Apex", etc.

patrickgies

Reaction score
Hello all, two problems i found out, at least on my end.

When I put it in the dock, for a my alarm clock and weather widgets. They dont seem to work.

The weather widget kept coming up with an error and wouldnt display anything

then when i went to hit the alarm clock on the dock's left side, it kept closing the multimedia docking and went back to the home screen.

Anyone else having these issues.

Thanks all.
Patrick

PS. i am trying a complete wipe again, just to see if something didnt install properly the first 2 times.

youngti

Reaction score
I am having some issues and I hope somebody has the answers. I read the wiki and i came to this part.
Specific to devices:
  • Droid X: In order to use the latest ApeX (1.3.1), you must have at one point updated to .320 or .340 via SBF, OTA, or update.zip methods and have the new kernels. Failure to do so will result in ApeX installing, but not being able to output any media (music, video, etc.)
  • Droid 2: 2.3.20 installed at any point.
Okay so I have a Droid 2 and it is at 2.3.20. Installed it following the directions and it works great. Except I can't play any music or videos. I read this as well

None of my videos or music or pictures work, help!
When this happens, it is caused by the user installing Apex over an unsupported, older kernel. The old kernel from the original 2.2 update (system version 2.3.15) is incompatible with Apex. You need to have a 2.2.1 kernel, which was available with the leaked 2.3.320 build, as well as the official 2.3.340 OTA build. Check your Settings->About Phone to make sure your kernel version matches one of the two below (the letters are what counts, not the 2.6.32.9 part)
  • 2.6.32.9-gca645b6 (2.3.320 leak kernel)
  • 2.6.32.9-g55626e1 (2.3.340 OTA kernel)
I have searched but everything I find on the above leads me to belive it is only for the Droid X. Am I missing somthing here? Can anybody lead me to the above files so I can upgrade and use this great rom?

Thank you.

2006sport

Reaction score
interesting. Time to go buy bootstrap then.

You should probably read up a bit. Bootstrap is always the first move.
When you get stuck in a boot loop because of a forgotten step and you have to sbf back, things get ALOT more difficult...

"Read up a bit". It would help if someone would actually provide a working guide. Or better yet, Apex could provide a link in their download with "beginners guide to installing Apex", etc.

It's funny when people say "read up". I've been reading up since I got my phone on and off. I forgot about bootstrap because in the instructions I was reading it wasn't mentioned, only app that I had that was mentioned was Rom manager. It's all good though, I got it on my phone just fine.

Only issues I'm having with apex right now are battery life(a given) and sometimes a little slow but other than that I'm loving it so far on my Droid 2. I gotta see if it works on my car dock mount.

palindrome

Reaction score
What about 2.6.32.9-g462500f ? Im waiting bfor I dwnld v1.3. I run the prior version like a racehorse, no flaws. Only lags between pages that launcher pro affects and we r tlkn minimal lag

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
I am having some issues and I hope somebody has the answers. I read the wiki and i came to this part.
Specific to devices:
  • Droid X: In order to use the latest ApeX (1.3.1), you must have at one point updated to .320 or .340 via SBF, OTA, or update.zip methods and have the new kernels. Failure to do so will result in ApeX installing, but not being able to output any media (music, video, etc.)
Okay so I have a Droid 2 and it is at 2.3.20. Installed it following the directions and it works great. Except I can't play any music or videos. I read this as well

When this happens, it is caused by the user installing Apex over an unsupported, older kernel. The old kernel from the original 2.2 update (system version 2.3.15) is incompatible with Apex. You need to have a 2.2.1 kernel, which was available with the leaked 2.3.320 build, as well as the official 2.3.340 OTA build. Check your Settings->About Phone to make sure your kernel version matches one of the two below (the letters are what counts, not the 2.6.32.9 part)
I have searched but everything I find on the above leads me to belive it is only for the Droid X. Am I missing somthing here? Can anybody lead me to the above files so I can upgrade and use this great rom?

Thank you.

I'm sorry, I wasn't too clear in the wiki, but that's for the DX only. You should be able to play media just fine on the D2, provided you download the D2 version.

I'm pretty sure the DX version will boot up too, but it won't work properly. Are you absolutely certain you downloaded the file with a -D2 appended to the end?

If so, this is the first I've heard of this issue.

What about 2.6.32.9-g462500f ? Im waiting bfor I dwnld v1.3. I run the prior version like a racehorse, no flaws. Only lags between pages that launcher pro affects and we r tlkn minimal lag

Like I said above, there are no kernel requirements for the D2 version. Give 1.3.1 a try (but make a nandroid first of your working setup :D)

youngti

Reaction score

Specific to devices:

Thank you.

I'm sorry, I wasn't too clear in the wiki, but that's for the DX only. You should be able to play media just fine on the D2, provided you download the D2 version.

I'm pretty sure the DX version will boot up too, but it won't work properly. Are you absolutely certain you downloaded the file with a -D2 appended to the end?

If so, this is the first I've heard of this issue.

Like I said above, there are no kernel requirements for the D2 version. Give 1.3.1 a try (but make a nandroid first of your working setup :D)

Yep, the only one on my sdcard says fabolous_Apex_V1_3_1-D2.zip. I did a factory reset, cleared cache and mounted both system and data. Trying it again.

Last edited:

youngti

Reaction score
Okay, so I just reloaded and the music played but no video file will play. these same files will play on my stock rom. Any suggestions?

Manchild

Reaction score
Since I installed 1.3.1, the sync symbol on the status bar at the top never goes away. Is there anything I can do to make it not show up?

bookie

Reaction score
Since I installed 1.3.1, the sync symbol on the status bar at the top never goes away. Is there anything I can do to make it not show up?

The only way I've found is to do a factory reset thru the privacy menu.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

palindrome

Reaction score
1 3 1 running. No probs anywhere. I hvnt factory reset yet, and I didn't use usb debugging during install.