Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
images

According to a very reliable source over at HoFo it appears the Bionic has been scrapped. This will come as some very bad news to those waiting for this handset.

There are no specifics as to why, only this short message:
Motorola "Targa" 4G pre-release thread - Page 7

Thoughts?

Source: Hofo

Credit: CK

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Right now those are rumors. If its still on motos page then its a go. Vzw and moto wouldnt do all that hyping to scrap it at the last minute.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The Bionic is DEAD!

LONG LIVE THE BIONIC!

Holy random rumors Batman!

EFGantry

Reaction score
you are correct that the source is reliable, and that his info is that the Bionic won't come to market - it will be the Targa, instead (and unclear as to whether the Targa will now be known as the "new" Bionic). but, at the same time, Panda and black_man_x (who have also demonstrated reliability) are saying that the Bionic is still on track. so, who knows....

pure speculation on my part, but in light of the GSII rumors, and the fact that the specs of that phone trump the Bionic, i wouldn't be surprised if Moto would scrap the Bionic and focused their efforts on the Targa.

Reaction score
Targa looks bomb, but I'm set in getting vzw's first dual core 4g phone... no way am I waiting ANOTHER few months on top of the 8 I've already waiting to use my upgrade :O

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The panda saying its still a go.

From DL:
The Panda
The Bionic will not be cancelled and is well on track for the expected release date. The issues that alot of people are claiming are due to release to larger testing group. Does the device have issues?? YES.. will be kill a release? NO chance in hell.. Its a 4.3 inch display dual core proc device running LTE, so battery and performance tweaks are ongoing with Motorola on a almost daily basis.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I can see it being scrapped to compete with the with other Dual Core 1GB phones being released. Even if they Postpone it to put 1GB DDR2 Ram in it. That would be cool.. We will have to see what comes of this rumor...

Reaction score
Ya but if they hurry up and release it, there won't be competition for a few months... I don't understand why it would be so buggy, how was/is the atrix? It seems like similar design but LESS complicated (no OS running in the back)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can see it being scrapped to compete with the with other Dual Core 1GB phones being released. Even if they Postpone it to put 1GB DDR2 Ram in it. That would be cool.. We will have to see what comes of this rumor...

It wont be scrapped. I just read through some comments on ac forums and it seem like its still a go. So the "other forums" that were saying it will be scrapped were wrong. As long as its still on moto's page its a go.

Droid101

Reaction score
Check out droid life. sources are saying it is on track for its release date (whatever the date might be:))

tcayton49

Reaction score
I just heard from my uninformed source again. the Bionic is not being cancelled, but they are changing its name to the Trionic.

Status
Not open for further replies.