Droid Bionics "unfixable flaw"?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Not sure what to make of this but here you have it. From a reliable Hofo source:

If your really posting from a bionic I feel so sorry for you.that _mod edit_ is so far from usable in any way shape or form.I bet that if it even makes it to shelves it will be through a bribe.the Etna and its twin for att both have a major unfixable flaw that will plaque it forever.too bad as I like it's concept.its basically a ggalaxyS with motos XOOMs guts.almost exact!.I been using them as door stops since they are far from ready to be used daily.too bad I couldn't hand them out as hockey pucks.

If it was given the proper dev time then I would feel differently.but knowing it'll be rushed makes it a pass and wait for the droid X refresh or the Droid3.good luck with that sig of yours.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What kind of english is that?

Maybe someone can enlighten me.

wingdo

Reaction score
As discussed in the main Bionic thread, although this is supposedly a trusted source at howard forums, I for one am not buying it. He's saying the same thing about the Atrix and Jha's already said that's his "baby". No way MM is going to put out their first flagship device as a doorstop.

Sounds like sour grapes from someone who may not have gotten taken by Mobility in the split.

markwebb

Reaction score
????HUH? I am not sure what is trying to be said or the point of the post.

What am I missing?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also not following - what's the supposed flaw (in a device that no one has really been able to test)??

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I don't know wingdo....he's pretty trusty and is a Moto insider. He has always spoke highly of Moto devices and this is a first. It's reason enough for me at least to have a wait and see approach. I'm now officially out on this one but will watch the release.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Also not following - what's the supposed flaw (in a device that no one has really been able to test)??

He has used these devices extensively. What the flaw is is anyones guess.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am also on the sidelines - mind you I was hyped up for the Bionic, but I am going to keep my horizon clear :)

GB D1

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, now i'm following better. that is disappointing news, for sure! come oonnnnnn D3/T3!! ;)

CellZealot

Reaction score
I have discussed this with the aforementioned source and its related to the PMU, which he says is too late in the process to be changed.

Severe overheating even when sitting idle, power fluctuations and cold booting problems. All of them render the device unusable at this stage, so he says.

Anyone who doesn't believe what he says about Motorola devices is sorely misguided.

He is one of the only reliable sources posting anywhere on the web with real hands on experience with all of them.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I think that, I mean I believe the Bionic is not even something I'm interested in, I'm not getting a new phone sor a long time.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I apologize for this worhless post. I'm just bored tonight. If you want, please report it to a mod.:D

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ Consider it reported :D

It's a shame about the Bionic - I (was) looking forward to it :(

GB D1

creaky

Reaction score
Damn, I wait months for an upgrade, finally make a decision, and now I am thrown into doubt. If the Bionic is really as bad as the source says, what are you guys thinking will be your next phone? I thought April was going to be a long wait -- ugh.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I think that, I mean I believe the Bionic is not even something I'm interested in, I'm not getting a new phone sor a long time.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I apologize for this worhless post. I'm just bored tonight. If you want, please report it to a mod.:D

One touched... LOL

But, CK, why you gotta be all up and twinkling in my Cheerios again - that's twice in less than a week!! :)

Maybe Moto should spend a little less time worrying about whether its bootloader is locked.... just sayin ...

Speaking of worthless posts....